until the light takes us

enatoka

Until the Light Takes Us is a feature length documentary chronicling the history, ideology and aesthetic of Norwegian black metal - a musical subculture infamous as much for a series of murders and church arsons as it is for its unique musical and visual aesthetics. This is the first (and only) film to truly shed light on a movement that has heretofore been shrouded in darkness and rumor and obscured by inaccurate and shallow depictions. Featuring exclusive interviews and verité with the musicians, a wealth of rare, seldom seen footage from the "Black Circle"s earliest days, Until the Light Takes Us explores every aspect of the controversial movement that has captured the attention of the world. This is the movie that gets inside the minds and hearts of black metal's musicians. The filmmakers moved to Norway, living and filming there for two years. The movie is not about them though - it's about the extraordinary people and events that make black metal unique, unforgettable, and inevitable. This is black metal as seen through the eyes of those who created it, of those who live it, of those who are at the center of the story of black metal. Featuring: Gylve "Fenriz" Nagell, Varg Vikernes, Jan Axel "Hellhammer" Blomberg, Kjetil "Frost" Haraldstad, Ivar Bjornson, Abbath and Demonaz Doom Occulta, Kris "Garm" Rygg, Bjarne Melgaard, Harmony Korine, and more. The film, shot on 35 mm and dv, is directed and produced by Audrey Ewell and Aaron Aites. It is currently being edited in New York.

give your opinion if you think its going to suck, be good, and if you are willing to actually go see it. and expectations you have for it, or other shit in general. whatever.

Until the Light Takes Us is a feature length documentary chronicling the history, ideology and aesthetic of Norwegian black metal - a musical subculture infamous as much for a series of murders and church arsons as it is for its unique musical and visual aesthetics. This is the first (and only) film to truly shed light on a movement that has heretofore been shrouded in darkness and rumor and obscured by inaccurate and shallow depictions. Featuring exclusive interviews and verité with the musicians, a wealth of rare, seldom seen footage from the "Black Circle"s earliest days, Until the Light Takes Us explores every aspect of the controversial movement that has captured the attention of the world. This is the movie that gets inside the minds and hearts of black metal's musicians. The filmmakers moved to Norway, living and filming there for two years. The movie is not about them though - it's about the extraordinary people and events that make black metal unique, unforgettable, and inevitable. This is black metal as seen through the eyes of those who created it, of those who live it, of those who are at the center of the story of black metal. Featuring: Gylve "Fenriz" Nagell, Varg Vikernes, Jan Axel "Hellhammer" Blomberg, Kjetil "Frost" Haraldstad, Ivar Bjornson, Abbath and Demonaz Doom Occulta, Kris "Garm" Rygg, Bjarne Melgaard, Harmony Korine, and more. The film, shot on 35 mm and dv, is directed and produced by Audrey Ewell and Aaron Aites. It is currently being edited in New York.

give your opinion if you think its going to suck, be good, and if you are willing to actually go see it. and expectations you have for it, or other shit in general. whatever.

Since when...?

I didn't recieve any memo...

Guest Airjamie

I knew this was coming. Theyre probably going to interview leviathan and that dork from absu.........actually now that i think of it...........yes.....we need a movie about that guy from absu.

CHRIIIIIIIIIIIIIISTTTTTTTTTTTTRAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPINGGGGGGGGGGGGGBLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACKKKKKKKKMETAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

i'll watch a movie about the dude from absu. as long as at least five minutes is the live stage banter/shrieking.

• 2 weeks later...
tell me bout these here church arsons.

Headliners of the black metal scene claimed responsibility for inspiring (if not necessarily perpetrating) over 50 arsons directed at Christian churches in Norway from 1992 to 1996[6]. Many of the buildings were hundreds of years old, and widely regarded as important historical landmarks. The most notable church was Norway's Fantoft stave church, which the police believed was destroyed by the one-man band Burzum (Varg Vikernes, aka "Count Grishnackh"[7]). However, Varg would not be convicted of any arson offences, until his arrest for the murder of Øystein Aarseth in 1993 (see below). Interestingly, the cover of Burzum's EP, Aske, portrays a photograph of the Fantoft stave church after the arson; it is still unconfirmed whether or not he took this picture himself.

Today, opinions differ within the black metal community concerning the legitimacy of such actions. Gaahl of the band Gorgoroth has praised the church burnings in an interview as "things I support", adding "there should have been more of them, and there will be more of them."[8] However, Necrobutcher, one of the founding and current members of Mayhem, was quoted as saying "I think it's ridiculous, especially the people that lit up our old fuckin' churches. They don't realize that these were actually Heathen churches, before Christianity. So they fucked themselves in the ass by doing that.

This is black metal as seen through the eyes of those who created it, of those who live it, of those who are at the center of the story of black metal. Featuring: Gylve "Fenriz" Nagell, Varg Vikernes, Jan Axel "Hellhammer" Blomberg, Kjetil "Frost" Haraldstad, Ivar Bjornson, Abbath and Demonaz Doom Occulta, Kris "Garm" Rygg, Bjarne Melgaard, Harmony Korine, and more.

Errr... what?! What's he doing there?

And what's with the corpse-painted face

at his website?

http://www.harmony-korine.com/paper/main/news.html

I thought that was the best researched post in the history of Superfuture until I realized that you just grabbed it from Wikipedia.

yea, footnotes kind of gave it away, it would of been clever of me to not include the footnotes, but i wish i would of written that.

dont loose that hope.

from what i can tell, it'll be an interview with the dare i say typical bands. darkthrone, mayhem, obv varg, most likely dimmu and satyricon. frost, they might throw in 1349 in there. it would be amazing if they talked about les legions noires, xasthur, all the shit you really dont see when it comes to black metal that people usually know.

im there either way.

dont think it will be in mainstream theaters. indie film ftw.