Plunged into buying a Nudie RR dry selvage

john11f

I was able to buy it from fos5.com at $199 before they increased it to $265. It seems like the mynudies.com website is hyping their brand a bit. Of course, we have a broader audience here at supertalk.

Question is: Are they worth the hype/attention they are getting? How do they fair vs. other dry selvage?

Unfortunately, as it has been stated, NA distributors are bound to the new pricing structure as of Aug 1st, so we in the US have little choice but to pay to play. I got my pair for $265 with 10% off from Denimbar in the DC area last month, but I can say that the purchase was well worth it.

The jeans are at the top of my rotation and look phenomenal with anything that I wear. Of course, I'm bitten by the dry bug now and I'm starting to eye some other jeans...

For those on the fence, here are what mine look like after 1 month:

nudie_rr_1month-01sml.jpg

nudie_rr_1month-02sml.jpg

nudie_rr_1month-03sml.jpg

nudie_rr_1month-04sml.jpg

Quote:

that fit looks good. i was fortunate enough to get the $199 preorder price for some selvedge nudies, but i specified the straight svens. i hope they fit like my apc new standards.

--- Original message by ddohnggo on Aug 15, 2005 07:28 AM

Aren't the New Standards tapered leg?

Yeah... RR dry selvage. Also, those are 30x34... and were the closest in terms of fit in the store at the time, so I semi-begrudgingly bought them... thinking a 31x32 would be a better fit.

Jeans overall are perfect now, though I'll likely get them hemmed after the first wash. The only downside is I'm only 1 month into the process. Some of the stuff I've seen on Nudie's site and mynudies.com is pretty sick.

Anyone have any experience with the dry olas? I haven't found any good pictures online. I've heard one should go a size up from RR.

I'm in love as well. I had been eyeing these jeans for quite some time, so when the site came on with $199 and free shipping I jumped on it. Glad I got them then. 31x32. So perfect.

Now I just gotta figure out a way to convince my girlfriend it was a good purchase, as we've had discussions about how $40 levis are better than most $200 designer jeans. Maybe when she sees how good they look, she won't even think about it.