The Color of Denim

yutaisheng

Hi,

I'm new to the board, but have been browsing it from time to time. I like denim but I'm drawn to the nice new indigo color. I really don't like the old faded color; I quite partial to that color that jeans are when you first buy them. I try not to wash my jeans and if I must I wash them gently with things like Woolite trying to keep that color. I was wondering if that makes me an oddball for not wanting to go through the whole fading and breaking in process.

Gee, Guys!

No need to me so mean to a guy’s first post. It isn’t the worst first posting anyone has ever made. It’s weird how people become so high and mighty after they’ve been on a board for a while. Don’t ever remember being a newbie, eh?

Nothing wrong with liking the dark color of new denim. Most people here are more likely fans of raw denim rather than the fake pre-distressed. On the other hand, there is also something special about wearing them in and seeing the fades appear because of how you wear them.

That said, I always have a pair of near-virgin dark raw denim that I wear as “dress†pants when I feel like flaunting the suit rule. They stay that way ‘cause most of the time I am working on just one or two pair to get the fades.

Anyway, welcome to the forum. Baptism by fire, it’s called. :rolleyes:

Get some Jomons by 45rpm. If you don't mind a purple hue to your denim and can live with the fit, then those jeans will hang on to their colour like a limpet.

Personally, I think jeans start getting interesting after a handfull of washes (Although with the Jomons you might not see any change at all).

Welcome.