inazuma festival general thread

Chicken

^Looks like it will be November the 3rd...

A Wednesday? Weird.

apparently thats a national holiday so it makes some sense

whos going for sure?

Still weird.

Thanks for the info guys!

EDIT: Just founf a direct flight from NY to JP for $987 and I am sure there are much better deals with all the time. It will be a miracle (or just a sign that I have not found a job) if I make it out there...

Odaiba, Tokyo. But I wouldn't recommend that you stay at Odaiba unless you want pay about $300 per night on the island. However since its pretty accessible from anywhere in Tokyo, you can stay in any neighborhood. The further you are from the center of Tokyo the cheaper the cost of living. If you want to grime it out, hostel will run as little as $30 a day or shack up with a friend(s).

In my experiences Japanese hostels are not grimey at all they're actually really clean.

Yeah, you're right. I guess I should have prefaced it with, in comparison to hotels, which are pretty spotless. Overall, Japan is a pretty clean country, though there as some spots that are considered shady, like in any metropolitan city. Tokyo is pretty visitor friendly, easy to get around, cheap food and clean bathrooms.

Capsules are usually regulated to men only, and they are pretty strict about that. I have no idea how much those cost and would be interested with hearing someone's experience.

anybody knows if the 03 nov date is confirmed? any information about the exact location, time and date and how to go about getting tickets (if required) will be much appreciated!

thanks in advance

yeah, november 3 is the date. there's a 2-page ad in the october issue of lightning announcing the event. pre-sale tickets are now on sale for ¥500 here. they're also available at pia stores and at circle k-sunkus convenience stores. you'll be able to buy tickets at the festival, too. the gates open at 10 AM.

odaiba will be the place; lightning should provide specific access information as the date gets closer.

looking forward to it! i'll be bringing my evisu #2000 no.1s out of semi-retirement for the occasion

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...