How many of you are conservative/Republican?

Moderate Gatsby

when i roam niketalk, hypebeast, sufu, etc. i feel as if members are predominantly liberal on these forums. i usually see disagreement with conservative ideas. but this is nothing new to me considering that my school is very liberal and there are few conservative students just like most prestigious universities. but i'm a japanese-american that holds conservative values and most likely i will vote republican in the upcoming election. so who else supports the GOP and conservative values like me?

sedx, i see what you're saying but at the end of the day, a conservative will most likely identify with a republican candidate. i'm a fair man. i've read a book on obama and did my research on democratic candidates. i actually think obama is a great guy but in my opinion, his run for presidency has turned into somewhat of a gimmick.

so who else supports the GOP and conservative values like me?

Not I, but to each his/her own.

Curious to see what this thread yields... (or how long it takes before lock and/or merge), but as you wrote in your initial post most on here seem to be from the liberal end of the spectrum.

I would also encourage people that respond to this thread to include their level of education along with their political affiliation. Curious if the trend of higher education correlating with a non conservative/republican vote will show up here.

Edit: I should write what I am asking ppl to write...

Extremely liberal w/ B.A.

damn b the og is back from the grave. this is what i come back to on supertalk. also who the fuck are you all you people? where's thsoe old heads at ringring and selegna and the rest

they are watching from up above, shaking their heads as a single tear runs down their cheek.

we let them down!!!!

It's better than supporting homeless people, alcoholics, drug addicts, and other degenerates. I'd say I'm a moderate though.

To a certain extent it's true, but they're also around when Democrats are in control so I think the social welfare part is blown out of proportion. I'm not for a country being run by the bible and special interest groups that give kickbacks to politicians based on their decisions (Haliburton and Cheney). This country is in the worst shape it has been in in the past 60-70 years.

I mean, are you trying to say children shouldn't have universal healthcare? In my opinion that's fucked up and pretty much what Bush just turned down..

but seriously, fuck the GOP. fuck most of the democrats. fuck libertarians. they all suck.

Sadly, it's true. This pretty much sums up politics.

ARTHUR:

Well, I am King!

DENNIS:

Oh, King, eh, very nice. And how d'you get that, eh? By exploiting the workers! By 'anging on to outdated imperialist dogma which perpetuates the economic and social differences in our society. If there's ever going to be any progress with the--

WOMAN:

Dennis, there's some lovely filth down here. Oh! How d'you do?

ARTHUR:

How do you do, good lady? I am Arthur, King of the Britons. Who's castle is that?

WOMAN:

King of the who?

ARTHUR:

The Britons.

WOMAN:

Who are the Britons?

ARTHUR:

Well, we all are. We are all Britons, and I am your king.

WOMAN:

I didn't know we had a king. I thought we were an autonomous collective.

DENNIS:

You're fooling yourself. We're living in a dictatorship: a self-perpetuating autocracy in which the working classes--

WOMAN:

Oh, there you go bringing class into it again.

DENNIS:

That's what it's all about. If only people would hear of--

ARTHUR:

Please! Please, good people. I am in haste. Who lives in that castle?

WOMAN:

No one lives there.

ARTHUR:

Then who is your lord?

WOMAN:

We don't have a lord.

ARTHUR:

What?

DENNIS:

I told you. We're an anarcho-syndicalist commune. We take it in turns to act as a sort of executive officer for the week,...

ARTHUR:

Yes.

DENNIS:

...but all the decisions of that officer have to be ratified at a special bi-weekly meeting...

ARTHUR:

Yes, I see.

DENNIS:

...by a simple majority in the case of purely internal affairs,...

ARTHUR:

Be quiet!

DENNIS:

...but by a two-thirds majority in the case of more major--

ARTHUR:

Be quiet! I order you to be quiet!

WOMAN:

Order, eh? Who does he think he is? Heh.

ARTHUR:

I am your king!

WOMAN:

Well, I didn't vote for you.

ARTHUR:

You don't vote for kings.

WOMAN:

Well, how did you become King, then?

ARTHUR:

The Lady of the Lake,...

[angels sing]

...her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water signifying by Divine Providence that I, Arthur, was to carry Excalibur.

[singing stops]

That is why I am your king!

DENNIS:

Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

ARTHUR:

Be quiet!

DENNIS:

Well, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just 'cause some watery tart threw a sword at you!

ARTHUR:

Shut up!

DENNIS:

I mean, if I went 'round saying I was an emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

ARTHUR:

Shut up, will you? Shut up!

DENNIS:

Ah, now we see the violence inherent in the system.

ARTHUR:

Shut up!

DENNIS:

Oh! Come and see the violence inherent in the system! Help! Help! I'm being repressed!

ARTHUR:

Bloody peasant!

DENNIS:

Oh, what a give-away. Did you hear that? Did you hear that, eh? That's what I'm on about. Did you see him repressing me? You saw it, didn't you?

It's better than supporting homeless people, alcoholics, drug addicts, and other degenerates. I'd say I'm a moderate though.

And you support fashion? Degenerates....doesn't that mean BAUHAUS, and fags? As well as Futurists..........