button down shirts...

youngluc

looking to find button down shirts of a decent length(to wear untucked) and a somewhat more slim fit that aren't too pricey and don't have stupid logos and shit on the pocket etc. tried the gap today as an easily accesible option, the length of a size small was nice, but they bunch and not that slim. i was thinking maybe uniqlo? i didn't get a chance to try any on while i was there, but i'll be in NYC this weekend again and thought about stopping in there to check that. any other thoughts? i've been hitting thrift stores and shit but they're pretty hit or miss for the most part. i looked around to see if i can find any threads like this but came up empty. thanks.

looking to find button down shirts of a decent length(to wear untucked) and a somewhat more slim fit that aren't too pricey and don't have stupid logos and shit on the pocket etc. tried the gap today as an easily accesible option, the length of a size small was nice, but they bunch and not that slim. i was thinking maybe uniqlo? i didn't get a chance to try any on while i was there, but i'll be in NYC this weekend again and thought about stopping in there to check that. any other thoughts? i've been hitting thrift stores and shit but they're pretty hit or miss for the most part. i looked around to see if i can find any threads like this but came up empty. thanks.

what particular style are u looking for? prep? plaids/workwear? for a cheaper alternative, i like j.crew tailored fit shirts (i think all their casual button ups are "tailored fit" now) - the slimness is near perfect, IMO and the overall fit is spot on - i tailor the length, however. I'm 5'8 - if i were 5'11, the length would be ideal

Everyone here is going to say Band of Outsiders, and for good reason.

I didn't find Uniqlo's button downs to be of decent enough quality to warrant trying them on, which is strange, since so much of their other garb is good quality when taken with the price

style wise - i'd been looking for stripes, solids, not so much plaid, but i like simple patterns and such. i really like yeah, i recently looked at some band of outsiders shirts, loved everything about them really, except the price tag haha. maybe i'll splurge around christmas and get one. i was going to stop at jcrew today as well but ran out of time, but i will take a look there. it gets tough, because i'm fairly short - about 5'6. how hard would tailoring shirts be? i've found some nice shirts at thrift stores and such that fit everywhere but the length just sucks, my mom is well versed with a sewing machine so i don't assume it would be too difficult, just a matter of conning her into doing it haha.

If you're 5'6" length may be an issue with most brands so I'd suggest getting some shirts that fit well everywhere else and then have your mom tailor them for you. Or take them to a real tailor who can give you a some good suggestions on length.

cheap price. look in sale section at Club Monaco. their shirts tend to be very slim fitting. if not, Band of Outsiders is another good choice but comes with a hefty price.

for awhile Gap actually had a line of "premium fitted" shirts that fit fairly slim...but the downside was all the ugly ass colors and stripes they had.

Hi

I know you've said you don't want "stupid logos" on the shirt but I can honestly recommend Ralph Lauren button down shirts although they do have the polo logo on the shirt (it's quite small if that's any consolation)

The custom fit button downs are cut slim and fit me better than any other I've tried and I like a slim fit and I think they'd be perfect for your height too.

Maybe worth a look

T

I'm also 5'6" and I have the same problem of finding shirts where the length is short enough to wear it out. I own a uniqlo shirt which I like, but I have to wear it tucked.

Looking for the same sort of thing but plaid and one that I can wear untucked :]

my personal preference for wearing untucked button downs is that the bottom has to be flat or near-flat - this is especially true of a traditional cut that is roomier at the bottom. this can be tough to find though.

that said i have really come around to uniqlo dress shirts. i usually buy them for $20 on sale and the fit is perfect for me personally. slimmish without being obvious about it.

there's also many fine options available in the supermarket (cough, cough) if you know your size