men's blazer with silkscreened designs

mattceez

This look is played beyond belief. The days of the over the de-constructed blazer w/ screening (a la Libertine et al) has truly gone the way of the jackass (a la Usher et al).

For the original and overpriced try: Libertine

For cheaper copycats try: Artine, Triple five soul, Oligarchy, Seven Eighty & Shared

Edited by Circa on Aug 8, 2005 at 11:46 PM

I disagree that the look is lame and played. It depends on the blazer and the silkscreen design. Steve Vintage puts out all one of a kind silkscreened blazers. It is like artwork on clothing, making each piece unique. I would recommend this brand since it is always proving to be fresh and new. Also, it is quite affordable. I don't know where you can buy it in Cali, but I know you can pick one up on Broadway in NYC. Also, they also becoming highly collectible in Japan, and I know for a fact that this line is going to be featured in October's issue of WARP.

www.stevevintage.com

Quote:

I disagree that the look is lame and played. It depends on the blazer and the silkscreen design. Steve Vintage puts out all one of a kind silkscreened blazers. It is like artwork on clothing, making each piece unique. I would recommend this brand since it is always proving to be fresh and new. Also, it is quite affordable. I don't know where you can buy it in Cali, but I know you can pick one up on Broadway in NYC. Also, they also becoming highly collectible in Japan, and I know for a fact that this line is going to be featured in October's issue of WARP.

www.stevevintage.com

--- Original message by fashioneditornyc on Aug 14, 2005 08:26 AM

That's funny. I mention Usher (and his overdone-ass blazers) and the site you post has a pic of him w/ J. Foxx.

Sorry, IMO the pieces on that site are a tad weak, even in comparison to Artine (Artine itself being a very pale shite-hole copy of Libertine).