lv d0n

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Gay Ape = Gape

--- Original message by superposition on Aug 8, 2005 11:07 PM

so would that be pronounced "gay-pee" or "gayp" or "gay-pay"?

No Shirt. No Shoes. No Dice.

Learn it. Know it. Live it.

probably just gape, i.e. gaping asshole after you've been priced raped because you stupidly follow the gay ape urban trends...

btw, is it just me or anytime i see someone wearing a bape shirt, i automatically think of bathing ape..i.e. no real evolution has taken placed, and they're just another ape who bathe...well, some of them probably don't bathe either...but i digress...

i refuse to buy anything that compares me to a baboon, a monkey...that's like spitting in the face of 10,000 years of human civilization...the people who buys this shit probably go out and buy a "for dummies" books everytime they need to learn something just to pass by...i bet if they were to write a fashion for dummies book, they'd list bape shit right inside the front page...

"God is Dead" - Nietzsche icon_smile_angry.gif

"Nietzsche is Dead" - God icon_smile_cool.gif

• 1 year later...
I heard somewhere that the Bathing Ape hype is almost dead in Japan. Is it true that people rarely rock Bape anymore unlike a couple of years ago where lineups for a t-shirt was common in Tokyo?

Don't know about Japan, but in HK, Taiwan, and China, Bape is still the hot mainstream street wear brand.

Even in the US the most popular rap artists are wearing it. If you want to attract attention of MTV girls and guys just wear Bape. If you want to attract the attention of artsy street wear people or some Internet fan boys wear that hoody with the machine guns all over it. J/K maybe

have you ever completely forgotten what you were looking for and ended up in a random thread. if you have, this unnecessary bump is dedicated to you.

yes.

have you noticed when you bum a thread like 99 people out of 100 start furiously replying to it without looking at the dates :rolleyes:

my favorite when someone starts to actually comment on posts or quoting something said a year ago :P

Oh my god it's so true...on every issue of Milk magazine(Hong kong)

is Bape..ice cream etc etc....the hype is still big here, but it is fading...but you'll still see guys totally dipped out in bape...

^^ So true! Just go to the Garden State Mall and you'll see a bunch of guys wearing FAPE sweatshirts. It was hot because it was exclusive, but bootleggers are killing it off here in the US. BAPE is officially dead and stinking!!!

i prefered all the og stuff like the thick cotton camo jackets and hoodies, 1st edition shark and woodland camo, camo box tees, futura and unkle collabos.. thats when i think it was cool. but even then it was very overpriced. to this day i will seldomly pick up a bape item if i really do like it. i must say im sick of looking at people kitted head to toe in it and all of these little hoodrats wearing it because pharrell did

nigo stated within the next 3 years he plans to move on.. it will be interesting to see all the hypebeasts do when this happens.. probably spread there jizz over bbc/icecream

Yesterday, I decided to check out the SoHo BAPE store just for kicks. It was all full of white surburb families. Best part was seeing a 40+ year old dad try on some Bapestas while the grandma and wife contemplated the merits of neon strawberry orange and limegreen.... BAPE is officially dead. Seeing a bunch of suburb white "headz" tourists rock BAPE is a surest sign the label is dead. Hell, they were even carrying American Eagle Outfitter bags on the way out...

yea dude, just because hypebeast asian kids arent in the store, bape is 'officially dead'...

i prefered all the og stuff like the thick cotton camo jackets and hoodies, 1st edition shark and woodland camo, camo box tees, futura and unkle collabos.. thats when i think it was cool. but even then it was very overpriced. to this day i will seldomly pick up a bape item if i really do like it. i must say im sick of looking at people kitted head to toe in it and all of these little hoodrats wearing it because pharrell did

Yeah, It's been something huge in this era. It moved from MoWax to MTV in a real short time.