shit you hate

RedFoxxworth

people pissing on benches...

i was sitting down on a bench and this guy came up to me and was like "uhhh im gonna pee here". I was like "dude just find a bathroom", but he just wips it out and takes a leak. he didnt just pee in the corner but on the bench as well, where i was sitting.

and he walked away saying "dude, i was just trying to be courteous"

wtf

this is really not that common where i'm from. consider moving?

And lending people money. Spotted a friend $180 like 4 months ago, we've talked about paying me back, but he keeps buying dumb, irrelevant shit and showing it to me / sending me pics. Trying to be cool to him, but for fuck's sake man, pay me back and stop buying shit.

never lend your friends money unless you don't plan on ever getting it back.

i don't know if that sentence makes any sense or if the grammatical structure is even correct...:confused:

but you know what i mean, right?

i don't TOTALLY agree with that as I have some friends that i'll lend to and I know they'll pay me back

but there are definitely some people on my blacklist

travel to Europe

after the coffee there, you'll very easily turn your nose up at the junk we get in N. America

I've always thought this sentiment was pretty silly. There is great coffee to be had here, just like there is great coffee to be had in Europe. Maybe it's better there on the whole, but if you go to a good cafe that really cares about coffee, you're going to get a good cup regardless of whether you are in New York or Paris.

Same goes for beer. It really bothers me when people say that no beers in America can compete with beer in Germany (though I've never been to Germany, so this is more based on my faith that American microbreweries produce some spectacular beers that are as good or better than anything anywhere).

Dude, of all places with beer reputations, I think Germany is the worst. The malts they use in that shit always just leave a metallic aftertaste in my mouth. American microbreweries are definitely producing the best beer in the world right now.

And yeah, it frustrates the hell out of me when my European friends who have never even been to the US refuse to give American beer the time of day because all they know is Budweiser.

Dude, of all places with beer reputations, I think Germany is the worst. The malts they use in that shit always just leave a metallic aftertaste in my mouth. American microbreweries are definitely producing the best beer in the world right now.

And yeah, it frustrates the hell out of me when my European friends who have never even been to the US refuse to give American beer the time of day because all they know is Budweiser.

word. I haven't had very many German beers that have blown me away. Though, to be fair, I haven't had many German beers compared to how many beers I have had overall, I guess.

Ayinger Celebrator is definitely an exception. Shit is delicious.

Anyways, to stay on topic. I hate ignorant haters of American beers.

UK breweries win. Real ale market here is going right up while the drinks market slumps. American microbreweries are very good though, had some brilliant beer when I was in the states over the summer.

Anyway how does having something nice abroad make you not have it at home? I just crave it and have it more even if it's less good.

I've always thought this sentiment was pretty silly. There is great coffee to be had here, just like there is great coffee to be had in Europe. Maybe it's better there on the whole, but if you go to a good cafe that really cares about coffee, you're going to get a good cup regardless of whether you are in New York or Paris.

Yes, but that's the whole point -- the average cup you get in Europe or Italy will be far better than the average cup served in the States. It's the result of a culture difference.

Apples to apples, espresso-centric specialty cafes here and abroad will be about on par. In fact, I'd argue that they're even better in the U.S. -- baristas here have a statement to make, something to rebel against, while over there it's just good coffee. You drink it, enjoy it, move on. It's *just* coffee, but their idea of "just coffee" is much different than ours, still.

But that's comparing apples to apples. With regard to specialty cafes, America just has less apples.

when old lovers of yours get fat and ugly

that shit is embarrassing

its fun when you get the awkward, but otherwise pleasant hello while you're with friends and she's with friends and you both look good, better even

your friends ask, "who was that?"

"hah, someone I used to go out with,"

but if she's fat, you answer like

"Yo, I don't really remember."

or you could freak out

"We went out, but fuck what the fuck happened? she used to be hot, i swear"

and the thing is, we believe you man, we believe you. It happens.

i cant stand people that tell me not to smoke coz it kills...i know, ive read the research..ill quit when i want to

i hate it more when the same people that tell me not to smoke, drink and then ask me for a smoke!

kindda hypocritical shit is that??

You've actually read the research? Are you a doctor or a scientist or just a very informed consumer?