Diesel resource?/Diesel ID

xcxre8

As you can see from my previous post(s), I'm really an LVC head...but I'm looking for a pair of Diesels from fall 2000, bootcut that were faded, dirtied a little with brown hige lines that looked pretty fake, but still... i believe they were zip fly.

besides the obvious "does anyone know the name/style of something like this" (even with the sub-par description) is there a solid Diesel reference anywhere? for whatever we want to say about em (i have quite negative feelings, honestly) some of the DDL hand numbered jeans were pretty unique...if anything else. I'd love to see a complete archive of what they made, does this exist?

cheers all.

The name of the cut that you are thinking of was called Fanker, but it came in a LOT of washes. I suspect from your description that you are referring to the 796 wash which diesel still makes (not in Fanker - that cut has been discontinued for some years) altho they've toned it down some since the fanker era:

4da4_1.JPG

4b62_1.JPG

The closest cut they have now to the fanker is called zatiny.

Yeah, the bootcut, low rise, zip fly was Fanker, it came in just about every fabric, and was the most popular style we stocked when I worked for them. 796 sounds like dirty dry denim, which was an orange overwash iirc.