Radiohead - In Rainbows

10(50)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The disc box is cool but $80 is a bit much for me. I can't wait though.

Eh, the discbox is worth it if you're a really big radiohead fan since it comes with so much extra stuff, the $80 is actually kinda worth it.

However, while I like them, I'm not that much of a fan. Dunno what I'd pay though. ... And that's such a great idea (the pay whatever you want thing)

That discbox looks really cool, but too expensive for me. Too bad they don't have a cd-only version. But I'm sure they'll have a special edition cd when it come out in stores.

for those of you who read the wall street journal, there was a small article written about this topic. I guess the average total amount people have donated is roughly $10 (who is averaging out all those $0 people?). The nice thing for Radiohead is that apparently it costs them roughly $3.64 per "cd" sold. With all the generous people, they're still making about 6.25.

The nice thing for Radiohead is that apparently it costs them roughly $3.64 per "cd" sold.

I'd like to know what that $3.64 is comprised of.

Since these are totally new waters, in terms of accessability and international scope, I can't see a figure like $3.64 holding true past its first month on sale.

man!!

i just registered for it today.

and it's clear that they're going down the list when sending out the email.

the first blogger post about recieving the album was about five minutes past midnight,

and its two and i still haven't recieved a fucking link!

but its been upped to rapidshare for about a half an hour, so i'm going to break and download it. i paid for it anyways.

edit: just got the link. 2:47 -5gmt

holy fucking christ, this album is awesome! radiohead reinterprets their sound, yet lets you know that its still radiohead. yet again. i give it a 10 out of 9 with an extra point for the amazing option of choosing your own price. you pay what the music is worth for you. i paid 20 bucks.

I don't think I'm overstepping when I say that this is my favorite Radiohead album, taking over Kid A. But I also think, objectively, it's their best album.

The only thing I have against it are that it isn't as cohesive, or arranged as nicely as the past albums. But as a collection of songs, I really can't find any weak points. I could listen to any of these songs with pleasure.

If they wanted to bow out with this album, it would be a way to go.