transaction problems and disputes

mike lowrey

Yea, i'd appreciate my $40 back as well. Pretty sad a forum regular would openly steal from people with no (from what i've seen) intention of paying them back. Having bills to pay and a kid isn't an excuse at all since there are forum members here and on styleforum with both. I know he's a nice guy on the forums and at meetups but it's not about that. Just about not getting ripped off. He just gets away with it with mods and regulars because of who he is..

Im surprised no action has been takin against cheep yet... seems like a shady deal, and multiple times at that... your prolly right about that 'who he is' deal... which sucks

and you are just mad because he's styling on you

Starting new threads like that may be gay.

But it's this kind of attitude, especially from a mod, that seems to have made it necessary.

Anyone else probably would have been banned by now, why is Cheep getting a pass and people just laughing this off?

Starting new threads like that may be gay.

But it's this kind of attitude, especially from a mod, that seems to have made it necessary.

Anyone else probably would have been banned by now, why is Cheep getting a pass and people just laughing this off?

i agree that this is wrong.

i have already contacted a mod and asked them to intervene. they have.

cheep has agreed to ship out my item finally. lets see how this goes.

asuzano

he sold me a pair of a77 jeans, overcharged me on shipping by $10 because i told him i'd need them within the next couple days but still sent them standard shipping. was told he would refund me the difference and after about the third time of asking him told me to quit bothering him about it and he'd get it to me when he got it to me. conveniently waited til the 2 months were up before i could open up a paypal dispute with him before he told me he wasn't going to refund me because it was not his responsibility it was the company he worked for at the time yet he would not give me any contact info to reach the company about the situation. also believe he still works for them as his name is still on their site.

it's only $10 at the end of the day but there's definitely a principal here. i emailed an admin about this when it happened several months back and never got a response. if you rip someone off you deserve to be banned. the amount should have nothing to do with it.

and i still have the long string of pm's between asuzano and i to show anyone in power that would actually like to make a statement.

edit: if anyone has any info on a "hollywood trading company" where alfredo asuzano supposedly worked/works, i'd still like to get in touch with them, whoever they are.

here's the info for htc:

http://www.htcretail.com/

7383 Beverly Blvd. at Martel Ave.

Los Angeles, CA 90036

i also dealt with him and he was 100% legit

glamroots: basically you got it right. shipping was set at $10 and i threw in an extra $10 to get it here faster but he still shipped it standard (either first class or priority). he said he forgot as he was shipping several packages out at the time and admitted it was his mistake but was just very standoffish throughout the rest of our exchanges. he assured me he'd refund me that additional $10 i gave him when he had it. it wasn't until a couple months later that he explained that he was selling for that company and it was the company's paypal account he was waiting for some extra funds on. he told me i'd never see a cent from him personally and that if i can spend over a 100 dollars on a pair of jeans i shouldn't make a big deal over $10. maybe so but again the principal still stands.

when i asked if he'd let his store know what happened, he pretty much ignored me including the couple times i asked for some contact info so i could try and take care of it myself. so unless he actually let them know which i'm pretty positive he didn't, they never knew about it. he basically made me feel out of luck and i eventually dropped the subject.

cool of you though to care. just let me whatever info you need and i'll pm it over.

as you can see, the original post by Denim Phenom regarding an actual transaction problem with him is still there, what was removed was other chatting related to that, which this topic is not for. if you have any further concerns feel free to drop me a message, but please avoid chatting in this thread as the intention is to keep it as clear and organized as possible.

And cheep is settling things with me as well. I figured i'd add that in there so people can go back to just being angry at all his thrift finds.

I'm VERY VERY VERY disappointed with HTC. I ordered a pair of April 77 Dischords awhile back. Anyway, I received it but it was obviously been USED and it has a tear on the belt loop. I just don't understand why they would sell something defective. And to think they mailed it without even inspecting the product. Obviously I cannot return it since they have no return policy on sale items...

lv d0n: gave me reason like mailing center was close due to thanksgiving, wrong address and even told me have send it through his school mail. but i have still not recieve the item even after one month. when file claim with paypal, gave 123456789 as mailing number in a bid to slow paypal from ruling in my favor. Dude, it only 38 US dollars. I'm glad 38 dollar show me how honest you are.

apu - bought a peacoat from him approximately 2-3 weeks ago. i got no response from him and just assumed he shipped it out. after waiting a week or so, I messaged him asking him if it had been shipped and if he had a confirmation # or anything. He replied saying his friend shipped it out so it should be here anyday...waited another week or so with no peacoat in sight so i messaged him again, which at this point he began giving me halfassed replies about how hes gonna "figure out what happened." Finally, i messaged him several times asking him to give me a proper answer if he shipped it or not. He replied saying he found out his friend never shipped it so he just shipped it today after 2 weeks. i know hes legit cuz people have done alot of business with him before but waiting over 2 weeks to ship something out? not proper...

hey sorry if this is the wrong place to put this (please feel free to move):

so i sent out a package on December 8th via standard usps shipping. california to new york. the package hasent arrived at its destination yet. im pretty sure that since it is the holiday season and all, it is reasonable to believe that a cross country shipment would not have reached its destination in 6 business days.

but the problem is, the recipient is giving me shit about it not having arrived yet (ive been getting PMs almost daily) and even filed a paypal statement : (

what exactly should i do?? and how long do cross country standard package shipments usually take around this time of year?

thanks for your time

apu - bought a peacoat from him approximately 2-3 weeks ago. i got no response from him and just assumed he shipped it out. after waiting a week or so, I messaged him asking him if it had been shipped and if he had a confirmation # or anything. He replied saying his friend shipped it out so it should be here anyday...waited another week or so with no peacoat in sight so i messaged him again, which at this point he began giving me halfassed replies about how hes gonna "figure out what happened." Finally, i messaged him several times asking him to give me a proper answer if he shipped it or not. He replied saying he found out his friend never shipped it so he just shipped it today after 2 weeks. i know hes legit cuz people have done alot of business with him before but waiting over 2 weeks to ship something out? not proper...

still no confirmation # or ANY update on the peacoat.....

andrewexd

I bought a pair of dior lurex from him and I paid almost 2 weeks ago. He wanted $400 but I told him the most I can do is $350 including shipping and tracking number and he agreed. I asked him numerous time and told to reconfirm that he will ship it with $350 including tracking number and mark it at $50 and he did promise me.

Guess what this idiot motherfucker son of a bitch did? He DID NOT ship it out with tracking number and he was afraid the package might be lost during shipping. So he declared the full value of the package to get the insurance. I asked him a lot of times where is my tracking number and he said it cost too much so he didn't do it. THEN WHY THE FUCK YOU PROMISED ME IN THE FIRST PLACE? I also asked him did he mark down the value and HE SAID HE MARKED IT AT $50 when he sent it.

I received a letter regarding custom charges yesterday so I called up and asked. This idiot really declared it at $350 to get insurance so the package won't be lost during shipping although he didn't ship it with tracking number. Now I have to pay additional of $80 for the custom charges because of this SON OF A BITCH.

DO NOT BUY OR SELL HIM STUFF. HE OBVIOUSLY DOES NOT KEEP HIS PROMISE AND DO NOT FUCKING CARE WHETHER YOU PAY MORE.

andrewexd, I AM SURE YOUR BRAIN IS JUST AS BIG AS YOUR NUTS TO DO SUCH THING...FUCK YOU!

You are completely in the wrong in so many ways. A seller is not responsible for customs. Yes, it would be much better for you if you didn't have to pay $80 extra, but it's not like andrewexd is pocketing that $80.

Personally, I try my very best to make sure that people don't pay customs when they buy stuff from me, but it is very risky. First off, it's technically illegal for me to value items at $30 to $50 like everybody asks me too. And it isn't insured the same way that EMS is. Personally, I let people know that it doesn't, and that they assume the risks involved, but big surprise, not everyone cares that I tell them that they assume all risks. If andrewed sent it out without insurance and declaring it as $30, and the package was lost, even though you asked for it to be mailed in a manner that does not include insurance and does not declare the true value of the item, I'm pretty sure that you would demand a full refund (and probably file a PayPal dispute).

When you, or anyone, asks for a package to be shipping via Priority and declared at a significantly lowered value, if the off chance that the item is lost (it doesn't happen very often, I'd say USPS has over a 99% success rate, but it happens), the seller would be screwed, because you can file a dispute and you'd win. And the seller would then go to USPS and try to get their money back, but surprise, USPS will probably only give back the $30 that was declared, which would be your fault. A seller should not be blamed for trying to protect themselves from losing out on a few hundred dollars.

And the method that andrewexd used to ship uses Delivery Confirmation, which while not a true tracking number, should be good enough: USPS tells you that they got the package, when it enters your country, and when you receive it. It just doesn't fill you in on every step in between.

Sorry for the rant, but this stuff really does piss me off. I've shipped maybe 400 or so items on this site alone this year, and 1 item was lost, and 2 items are having a trace put on them right now. I insisted on using Express shipping, was told it wasn't necessary, and yes, asked to lower the value of the items. Despite saying that it is not responsibility if something happens, guess what? I'm still being held accountable!

what exactly should i do?? and how long do cross country standard package shipments usually take around this time of year?

What do you mean by standard USPS shipping? Priority Mail? Whenever I send from NYC to LA it takes two days, sometimes three.

DId you ship to the correct address? Maybe you should confirm the address with the buyer.

i'm not gonna full out bash him

but has anybody dealt with i-Street?

paid Dec. 14th

he says he shipped via UPS

then contacts me saying he needs my phone number and my e-mail address to give to UPS....i was hesitant, but i gave him the phone number

now i'm sittin here waiting on a tracking number

i'm still iffy cause he has good paypal feedback, and if worst comes to worst, i'll file one of those annoying ass claims

can somebody vouch for him?

Personally, I try my very best to make sure that people don't pay customs when they buy stuff from me, but it is very risky. First off, it's technically illegal for me to value items at $30 to $50 like everybody asks me too. And it isn't insured the same way that EMS is.

Don't want to shit up this thread but I think this is on point. People here are used to lowering the declared value so much it looks suspicious ($5 jeans??). When I recevied a couple of my $5 packages I didn't understand what would have happened if it realy went missing. I'm not sure about other countries but these days customs weill let pass through anything shipped to Aus if it is less than a few hundred dollars so mostly it isn't worth it. I think you valued my item at $50, which looked reasonable (I didn't even ask :o ). And you are right, compared to EMS, USPS is rubbish. The tracking was especially useless, only saying they've been notified to pick up the package, and no change after that. In that case I could claim I never received it and screw the seller, who would know?

Mumba5

Selling a Comme Des Garcons tee, only one untagged pic taken. I asked for tagged pics but he never replied back. Also checked his other threads and he never tags his pics, always uses a pic from other sites. Possibly selling fakes. I'll be more than willing to delete this message if I'm proven wrong.

mrip is a common sufu poster. i wouldnt think he would ever screw anyone over. give it another week.

on that note...im wondering if someone can give me advice on this. I sold a couple items to a fellow sufu members and were both shipped out on the same day. both buyers have not received their items (been over a month). Both shipment, the first time i shipped it out were returned to my address. Second time, shipped out immediately seems to have gotten lost. Neither buyers have yet to receive their shipment. They're both offshores so my first worries had to do with customs but I had set values low and set as a gift in order to avoid Customs. After getting the same answer from USPS (holiday season...blah bla...takes awhile...blah blah), now they have told me they are not sure where it could be located.

I have absolutely no intentions of screwing anyone over, I've sold to dozens of users on sufu here before and have bought dozens from other members. I'd hate to screw anyone over, but what could I do to solve this problem?