Buy & Sell clothes shops HK, camera shops

PAND

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shouldn't you been looking at the panties instead of guy's briefs? And you remember the colour of one guy's! You weren't after Dior Homme by any chance were you? Let me guess the girl's sale shop is in a different shop WITH changing rooms.;):P

Nope. Its all together. Was looking around but didnt see any girls stripping to their undies to try anything. Just girls trying on skirts on top of their jeans.

Anyway, remember the guy's briefs because I was frankly amazed that people would go to that extend to try on clothes. I mean they were cheap but not that cheap and were not to die for prices.

Anyway, remember the guy's briefs because I was frankly amazed that people would go to that extend to try on clothes.

i did that at the barney's sale. all you have to do is move one of those wheelie-clotheracks in front of you as a curtain.

gotta do it in jedi speed is all.

i did that at the barney's sale. all you have to do is move one of those wheelie-clotheracks in front of you as a curtain.

gotta do it in jedi speed is all.

At least you did it conspicuously. The guy did it in the aisle. Another guy also did it but he was in his boxers. Tons of people were walking up and down the aisles rummaging for bargains. And no. They did not do it in Jedi speed, though they did not dilly dally.

i just got back from hk.

you cant try anything on in the it store which sucks.

there are some good peices in ther you just have to look hard and scrummage around for them. lots of raf and apc items.

most of the items are fairley small over there hardley anythign in a 34.

no refunds or exchanges at the sale store.

i just got back from hk.

you cant try anything on in the it store which sucks.

there are some good peices in ther you just have to look hard and scrummage around for them. lots of raf and apc items.

most of the items are fairley small over there hardley anythign in a 34.

no refunds or exchanges at the sale store.

Thanks for confirming their no refund/exchanges policy. Must have forgotten about it.

The mens stuff is like 30% of the whole store. Women's stuff dominates.

They have like racks at a 90 degrees angle at the right side of the shop with menswear and 2 tables with shelves with menswear in the 90 degrees angle of racks.

Like I said, many of their inhouse stuff among the mix.

got my joyce platinum card today. like a year later!

Platinum? Is that the card that gives you 10% discount on normal priced goods and allows you to accumulate points for purchases? I got mine after 6 months. The staff apologised for taking so long to send it to me. I forgave her and Joyce since the former was cute.

yeah. ah it's only on normal priced items? fuck that shit. i was hoping to catch another new year sale at some point.

Yup. You dont expect to get more discounts on already discounted goods?

Tried using it at Joyce warehouse and Joyce boutiques. They said I can use it to accumulate points. I asked whats the points for? They said its in some book. I think I chucked it somewhere. But I dont know whether the points will expire if I dont use it fairly quickly.

yes i do.

i got several hundred off the already discounted stuff... and i got them even to give me the greater discount that was going to happen a week later, a week earlier. i'm a cheap bastard (relatively)

Oh really? I didnt know you can do that with the card. Damn! Next time I will kick a big fuss and demand they give me more discount because of the Joyce Platinum Card.

Oh really? I didnt know you can do that with the card. Damn! Next time I will kick a big fuss and demand they give me more discount because of the Joyce Platinum Card.

oh this was before i got the card. hahaha. i got the card from making those purchases that i got a big discount on.

i actually didn't even have to ask. they just liked me for some reason. :D

oh this was before i got the card. hahaha. i got the card from making those purchases that i got a big discount on.

i actually didn't even have to ask. they just liked me for some reason. :D

Well, it must be that you bought tons of items or a few very costly items. I noticed with the better economic sentiments, Joyce stores dont have as good pickings as what happened previously.

Another question, how varied are the shop prices, and how easy is it to haggle on some jp import shit? I was looking at a vis ballistic k pack, JP rrp approx 2190 hkd... how much extra is a realistic price in HK for one of these?

Also, Yahoo auctions HK, how useful is that site for judging prices? Noticed some FBT ancestors nez perces for 2000 hkd - surely thats a bargain, or is that a normal price? Zembia and conceptshop just seem so expensive!

Another question, how varied are the shop prices, and how easy is it to haggle on some jp import shit? I was looking at a vis ballistic k pack, JP rrp approx 2190 hkd... how much extra is a realistic price in HK for one of these?

Also, Yahoo auctions HK, how useful is that site for judging prices? Noticed some FBT ancestors nez perces for 2000 hkd - surely thats a bargain, or is that a normal price? Zembia and conceptshop just seem so expensive!

For those big retailers from Joyce to even the lowly Giordano, its not possible.

Not sure whether the smaller retailers like Take 5 and the ilk tolerate bargaining.

I know some smaller CD shops do and some don't. But of course it depends on what you are getting.

Years ago, bargaining in Hong Kong will result in some choice sarcastic remarks thrown at you. Bargaining is de rigeur in China.

I do have a bilingual gf, so i suppose she's teh one going to be doing the bargaining... Just hope she does her Miss 'i take no bull shit' routine.

Like I said, Hong Kong though part of China, is not China per se. In China, bargaining 50% or more off listed price is standard practice. In Hong Kong, it is not.

I bought some CDs from a mom and pop type of shop. More than USD$100 I think.

I asked for some discount given I got like 10 different titles from them. A somewhat rare occurence I would think for them. They told me nicely 'no dice, no discount.'

Another shop, a small corner shop, I got 2 CDs from them and they happily gave me a discount.

only haggle if you feel like you've been a good patron, like buyimg multiple items at a store. but even then you're talking about $50 HKD max, if its items that i generally buy (nothing insaenly fancy)

take 5 doesn't do bargains for first time buyers. they might if you're on their vip list (getting a card etc) and bought a shit load.

haggle at small shops in shopping plazas and whatnot. at real stores it's a bit harder- but it NEVER hurts to try. who cares if they talk shit? fuck that, you're the one buying their shit.

if you're shopping at touristy places (e.g. ladies market) bargain like crazy, probably under 50% of the asking price. or do it the easier way and go to shenzhen and buy the knock offs there. prices start much lower and you still can bargain - but you'll probably need to speak more chinese than english on the china side (that and you'll need a visa to go there, which is a PITA). if you're even more adventurous i'd head to Guangzhou, that's where all the sellers in HK/Shenzhen get their stuff.

haggle at small shops in shopping plazas and whatnot. at real stores it's a bit harder- but it NEVER hurts to try. who cares if they talk shit? fuck that, you're the one buying their shit.

if you're shopping at touristy places (e.g. ladies market) bargain like crazy, probably under 50% of the asking price. or do it the easier way and go to shenzhen and buy the knock offs there. prices start much lower and you still can bargain - but you'll probably need to speak more chinese than english on the china side (that and you'll need a visa to go there, which is a PITA). if you're even more adventurous i'd head to Guangzhou, that's where all the sellers in HK/Shenzhen get their stuff.

Second what you said. Wet markets are a different breed.

• 1 month later...