The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

Well im not too familiar with raw denim cause ive been buying brands like rock and republic and mainstream stuff like that but i just messed around with these Levis STF to start off and heres some pics so far...it has been a little over a month since i got these so here they are...they have not been soaked or washed...

11tvig1.jpg

Edited by madeinkorea23 on Jun 5, 2006 at 09:07 PM

Guest jeffvyain

Bumbaclot, those jeans are gorgeous man. i can just hardly make out the tag...the anglaise eh? how many times and when did you wash them? they've certainly gotten very light. beautiful jeans though

ryu - those are still superdark after 11 washes. they must use really high quality indigo and dip it well. i love the deep blue faded part, it looks great. i prefer the really dark, deep blue color so i think your jeans are faded perfectly.

Damn, I love the texture on those McCoys. that last picture tells all. That is some quality shit, and I'm even more amazed that you managed to get them so worn without ripping a hole in the crotch. Biking for the win?

Here are my 5EPs:

flat6mos5pi.jpg

back6mos7kl.jpg

Edited by wild_whiskey on Jun 6, 2006 at 09:34 AM

thanks wild whiskey.

your name is sooooo cool. and you have really beautiful WILD HONEYCOMBS !!

about my McCoy.

this time i hardly ride bike.

why? as i said, overriding causes serious heavy damage you know.

i want to get beautiful fading without riding !!

good looks on the comments fellas.

jeff:

Yah they are the anglaise (remember those?) ha.

I washed them twice over 10 months. I washed them in the hottest water my kitchen sink allows, so yah they came out pretty light.

ddml: yah that's a mason belt i found at a thrift store. ...Or did the belt find me? oooo conspiracy.

oh i don't know. probably cuz they get dirty.

ya wild those are real nice. First worn 5ep's i've seen here, nice wear without going overboard. How many months/washes went into them?

...chicken: im not sure if the length shrunk much between washes. Not enough for me to notice.

....ddml: nah no hookups off the strength of the belt, though the idea of an elitist mason working retail behind a register is kinda funny

p.

Thanks all. I'll take a shot of them in the sunlight next time it's not cloudy (icon_smile_sad.gif).

They're about 8 months old, machine washed about 4 times.

Oh, and one mor ething to add. The color is pretty much identical to Studio D'Artisan's. I wouldn't be surprised if they were made at the same mill. Starts out black-looking, turns dark purple, then the faded areas go into a greenish color, and the lightest areas are a dirty yellow color. You can kind of see that in my pictures.

Edited by wild_whiskey on Jun 7, 2006 at 03:05 PM

Quote:

never wash your jeans. all the dirt paint blood and whatever else on your jeans tells a story.

well. wash them if there is something immensly gross. but does anyone agree on not washing your jeans and leting your jeans tell a story

--- Original message by drugfreevegan on Jun 7, 2006 03:07 PM

you should check out the "dude with the crazy sugarcanes" thread - good discussion about washing regularly vs. not washing. great results are possible either way, depending on how you're wearing them.