The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

isams113f.jpg

wow. she might become the real winner of the samurai contest.

359046127_5b89b66d8f.jpg

new standards, almost 10 months to the day now, 3 washes. nothing to shout about (think of the warehouse jeans competition and the president...) but i like them. :)

nice work, tip! i think you're ready to move onto heavier duty stuff. if those were your 811s, you'd be getting higher contrast and mean vertical fades, i bet.

For Kixlsif's sake

Nudie RRDS: 84 days of general usage, in and outdoors, the weird discolouration at the top half was due to a soak (experimenting with shrinkage)

nud1ar1.jpg

nud2ck3.jpg

Evisu 0101 No.1 Special: About 5 months, didn't wear them as much first as I realised even after a huge shrink in a soak (like from a 34 waist down to a 30 then another hot soak down to 28) , they were still a loose/baggy fit. Got them ultra tailored and just wear em to work (Timezone gaming arcades :P )

evi1fl3.jpg

evi2bl5.jpg

Eh leather taggy thingy with No.1 stampage :D

evi3ns9.jpg

barely worn eternals. ;)

the lighter patch on the seat was a result of sitting down (poetically, i hope) on a riverbank in thailand. when i got up i found my arse beautifully yellow and had to salvage the situation with a damp cloth.

very looking forward to the same picks, few months later. ;)

Evisu 0101 No.1 Special: About 5 months, didn't wear them as much first as I realised even after a huge shrink in a soak (like from a 34 waist down to a 30 then another hot soak down to 28) , they were still a loose/baggy fit. Got them ultra tailored and just wear em to work (Timezone gaming arcades :P )

it's good to see someone rockin evisus around here once in a while, imo.

very looking forward to the same picks, few months later. ;)

it's good to see someone rockin evisus around here once in a while, imo.

agreed. one of teh brands you always wanna get but know people already have....so why bother? cuz they're good. Surprised you went for that accurate for the evisu's though, especially being #1 denim, i would have gone for the hand painted one.

unless the idiosyncrasies of each brush stroke on each pocket coincidentally happened to match exactly... no, they're not handpainted; they're silkscreened.

looks like your tailor did a great job, though! :D

Unless my 20/20 vision is deceiving me under the influence on beer, those gulls are different on each side.

Edit: Well, I zoomed in and now I can see less difference than zoomed out. Stupet low resolution.

Those are actually PBJ AI-001. The Kicking Mule's started to do some pretty decent fading, I posted them a month or two ago in this thread.

Not much color loss, but I think the texture change in the worn in areas is pretty unique. Don't think I've seen anything like that in the other slubby jeans shown after wear. And yes, that is me trying to convince myself that there is actually some wear :P

Maybe they aren't stubborn, but I just bitch a lot :P

How many sizes did you size down from your normal waist? I like the fit on those.

These are actually not sized down.

They are 30s, and I am a 29 waist.

When I got them I was a 30- If I got the same jean now I would get a 28.