The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

re: apc

i find the relation between fit, quality, and price to be almost perfect... they are indeed a gateway jean.. but i've come back to them recently. sometimes it's about fit, then other times its quality... both have been harmonized somewhat decently in the apc ns. for me anyways. a classic staple in my collection.

It definitely depends on the wear. If you go back earlier there are some incredible APCs, Headtowall's for instance.

I think APCs are primarily best known for the price-to-quality ratio and the more modern fit, not so much for their "incredible fades."

Oh and I understand that completely. Sam (of Context fame) had me all hyped up for APC's, but when they came in, I was feeling meh about them. Then I saw the ridiculous stretching, the weird honeycombs, the knee quadrupling in size thing (I guess that's stretching too) and the boring cuts. I was sold that I could personally never wear them, but I have not seen a pair that I like so far either.

i sort of agree that apcs are a bit boring, but with the right fade they do look insane, multi quote

The more I see APC's, the less I like them.
It definitely depends on the wear. If you go back earlier there are some incredible APCs, Headtowall's for instance.

I think APCs are primarily best known for the price-to-quality ratio and the more modern fit, not so much for their "incredible fades."

My APCs are one year old! These saw some pretty brutal treatment and have graduated to the coveted "weekend jean" status! Those won't get much wear while I am breaking in my Imperials.

1139476299051_APC_1_Yearsm.JPG

1138421991893_APC_1_Year_2sm.JPG

andrewfuncrew– Niiice! Was afraid it was the last we'd see of the 101s after you'd gotten the PBJs. I know you had tons of stack, so no worries on the washing. Stuntastic lost the stacking when he washed his. Lemme know what you did, as I have the same jeans and was ignorant of stacking back then and had them hemmed too short for good stacking.

Late post, but I haven't checked the internet since Wednesday.

Haven't worn these too much more, just out to do yard work every once in a while. Here's an update.

sugarcane 47's 6 months hard wear, 3 months occasional 3 washes.

onicanes1127027.jpg

do you happen to have pictures of the back.. I want to see what happens to the backpocket stitching assuming you have the backpocket stitch.

Update...

Lee 101z

DSC00114-3.jpg

DSC00115-2.jpg

Havent gotten too much wear in them recently. Blew out the crotch, plan on getting it fixed tmrw. Got caught in the rain, yesterday. Lap fades are still slowly coming around, I just have shitty lighting.

Sugarcane Okinawa

DSC00117-2.jpg

DSC00118-3.jpg

Only been a few weeks of wear. Got hit by a car and slid across the pavement on my stomache, giving them some fades on the lap. Got caught in the rain in these twice, and it brought out the fading in the lap/whiskers a bit more.

Solid ass denim. I got clipped by a car, and my lees got some blemishes on the knees. I get hit by a car, and no damage done to the Okinawas... Amazing.

Thanks

measurement on the rise? it doesnt look like the typical rise of a wrangler jeans....oh and fit too. Those look pretty neat imo. I love the wrangler rivets on the pockets.

who makes wrangler repros? I know that edwin does but any of the other big cmpanies usually discussed on this board?

after reading the other new guys posts this is a great change of pace. a new guy that looks like he is doing some research before fully committing, not an 'dont know shit about anything should i get the jomons.' so nice work on the wranglers they are coming along nicely.

measurement on the rise? it doesnt look like the typical rise of a wrangler jeans....oh and fit too. Those look pretty neat imo. I love the wrangler rivets on the pockets.

who makes wrangler repros? I know that edwin does but any of the other big cmpanies usually discussed on this board?

at the steven alan sample sale they had a ton of wrangler jeans there which was kind of weird imo. just a bunch of wranglers hanging out, not sure if there's a premium line or anything..

at the steven alan sample sale they had a ton of wrangler jeans there which was kind of weird imo. just a bunch of wranglers hanging out, not sure if there's a premium line or anything..

there is a premium line. i've seen a couple of distressed models online (i can't remember the website), and they're around $120-$180. i think urban outfitters also used to sell 'premium' distressed wranglers.