The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

Levis Red. Just turned 3 years. 3 washes. First at ~2-3 months, second at ~1.5 years, ant the last one at ~2.5 years. Ist really hard to capture their true color in photos. The best photo is the one with flash. But they are a bit darker IRL.

No flash

With flash

WOW.

after seeing your picture, I quickly dug up my pair of Levi's Reds...these are the "1st" collection of levi's red. i bought them cheap on ebay back when i was still ignorant about denim....

RIMG0128.JPG

2months, no wash

1353564imgus5.jpg

1353565imgbt3.jpg

4months, 1st wash at 3 months

1363653imgdj0.jpg

1363652imgnu5.jpg

I love those canes man. My 47s still get worn a bit... not as much as I wish. Plenty of other jeans to break in.

i love the way 811's fade, someone described it as the indigo "flaking" off. Those seem kind of lightly worn for 5 months, were they every day? mine don't seem to be fading quickly, but after a month and a half there is some decent wear, i'm looking forward to mine looking like yours

those imperials are sick. i think those may have to be a graduation present since i'm assuming that's the earliest i'll need a new pair

thanks BrokenGlass.

but no Mr Calvin Oscar they did not start raw. they had some fade to them but no worn stress in the denim. like little cuts or anything.

i blew the crotch open eight times. my mom keeps sewing it up so my dinky wont hang low.

dont tell me mom i smoke or drink. k?

Washed pics!

2000875372870380577_rs.jpg

2000813871814635316_rs.jpg

2000856176614641104_rs.jpg

My favorite part about them is the leather tag. It started out raw and ended up awesome.

They stunk pretty bad before I washed them, but now they smell like gross peppermint. They feel way lighter, though, without the builtup sweat and tons of bacteria excrement that must have been in them.

Carl, I will do. October evenings in Seattle don't make for good lighting, though, so it might be a few days.

Tabris, my waist where I wear my jeans is a 34. I don't have a tape, so I can't measure the rest, but by Imperial's standard I should've been a 34, rather than the 32 seen here. You can see in the fly that I stretched these to the limit (though even now, after the wash, they're pretty baggy in the waist on me).

Yeah, it was a Zippo in my coin pocket. I lit it hundreds of times on the leg over the course of a few drunken nights, but no wear from that :-/