The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

they don't look sanded at all

ddml you paint? I notice some splattering on those, can't tell what they are but looks like paint. Reminds me of the NBHD paint splattered series of pants recently released, although obviously a natural occurrence of this visual is preferable to a prepackaged one.

i don't paint as in fine art

but i am working on turning my office into a nursery so yeah, i painted a room in my hawaiis

monitors are weird. on my computer at home, the full shots of the hawaiis looked about right, but on my work computer, they look raw (deep dark blue). at home, the lap shot looks washed out, but at work they look about right. strange.

both jeans, the hawaiis and 811s are pretty much "retired" as in i don't really consider them projects anymore. the 811s are hard to wear because the button holes are so fucked up. the hawaiis are my go-to jeans when i am doing home projects. i usually keep them folded up in a drawer. my project jeans are hung by their hems in a closet to preserve the creases.

yeah i understand what you mean ... very often clothes look one way in life, then on the photo sometimes they are unrecognizable. With color this is one thing, but with shape and silhouette it can be an even more misleading representation.

don't think i've ever had any serious 'project' jeans...hard for me to wear the same pair of pants every day over a very long stretch of time, jeans or otherwise. I might wear a pair of APCs, 45R's heavy for like a week, and then switch to a period where i'm wearing cargo pants or prewashed jeans.

what's up, sufu? I've been lurking forever and I love reading this thread.

my contribution (x-post from crate thread): Crate Thomas, 2+ years of steady wear, one machine wash and a few soaks. I know lighter denim is not as hard core, but it is a lifesaver in Texas, and these have held up well with the help of some tailor TLC.

crummy pics:

thomas%202.jpg

thomas%203.jpg

crotch blowout/repair:

thomas%205.jpg

thomas%204.jpg

what's up, sufu? I've been lurking forever and I love reading this thread.

my contribution (x-post from crate thread): Crate Thomas, 2+ years of steady wear, one machine wash and a few soaks. I know lighter denim is not as hard core, but it is a lifesaver in Texas, and these have held up well with the help of some tailor TLC.

crummy pics:

thomas%202.jpg

thomas%203.jpg

crotch blowout/repair:

thomas%205.jpg

thomas%204.jpg

great way to enter sufu , mackie ! love those jeans. its nice to see some good , faded Crates :) +rep

Corpus Rye Raw Straight. One year. The second wash I was drunk and threw them in on a really brutal cycle and forgot to turn them inside out. Oh well, it didn't really do anything to them and I think they look great. For jeans I bought for 75 bucks, not bad.

Jeans2-1.jpg

Sorry for the cell picture, it's all I have to work with. Some pictures of the back later, if I'm not lazy.

f310 - one year and one month. you can probably tell i don't wear them very hard, mostly to school and back.

they kinda look like they've been infected by an std but believe it or not i just washed them in the weekend.

f1e71u.jpg

t5h8wp.jpg

very nice

crate chinos have been on my list for a minute now

did you do the repair yourself?

yeah man, I would love to check out the chinos. please post if you get them.

the repairs were done by a pro. but now that these are on their last legs, I may hit the sewing machine and practice on them myself a bit.