Newest editions of the LVC 1947s re-cut?

Shorty Long

Guest declasse

i just got my first pair of 47s last week from cultizm. i thought they were supposed to be "slimmer" than regular 501s but they are pretty baggy and i shouldn't have sized up. maybe they are the new 07???

Are you sure the cultizm 47s are 2007? From their descriptions it seems like those are still from 06

The 2007 are infact cut fuller. I tried on a 2006 36 that fit like 35 in the waist with a slightly tapered straight cut. the 2007 34 that I tried on fit like a true 34 and was straighter and fuller than 34s from years previous.

HMM sounds interesting. I like the slimmer cut, but I would like to also see Levis stick to the original cut. Maybe they can produce a better repro than SC.

Not heard about resizing, or recutting for the fall, it's possible the people I spoke to didn't know...

the spring 07 1947s certainly seemed sized the same as, say, the 06s. I think I have two pairs, and measured to make sure they were slightly underszied before taking them home. The one pair I'm wearing seems identical to its predecessor as far as I can tell. These were European models.

I had a pair from a couple years back that were very trim. Tagged 38 waist when raw and measure 37 raw. I just got a pair from this year and they are MUCH nicer than the ones from a couple years back and are 38 and measure 38 (raw). The denims nicer and the cut is better. The most acurate cut for that era are the 55s.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, the recut rumor is bull.

I have both an A/W 06 model and new A/W 07 model that I've been wearing that are identical. The only difference was the booklets and labeling they came with. The new A/W 07 models have a new oilcloth dollar bill tag that feels like thickly woven fabric covered in latex, vs. the older paperlike tags.

I spoke with Ben last night at the Levi SF store. While they haven't received the Fall '07 batch of '47 501s, he told me that they had not been re-cut in any way. He's the guy in charge of the LVC section of the Flagship store, so I would assume he knows more than most.

i wouldnt pay too much attention to the people in the sf lvc dept.,when i went there they didnt know their arse from their elbow.they only had 2 pairs of raw denim in the whole place,and were hopeless when asked any questions.perhaps i just got unlucky and asked the wrong people,but i spoke to more than 1 staff member.

i wouldnt pay too much attention to the people in the sf lvc dept.,when i went there they didnt know their arse from their elbow.they only had 2 pairs of raw denim in the whole place,and were hopeless when asked any questions.perhaps i just got unlucky and asked the wrong people,but i spoke to more than 1 staff member.

That's usually the case, but Ben knows his stuff...he's the man in charge down there in the LVC dept.