number nine

Quote:

I DON'T GET IT. so so so expensive and crummy small fitting stuff>

--- Original message by dontcaretoomuchforcrap on Jul 26, 2005 12:28 PM

As usual this kid voices his opinion on everything but rarely knows of what he speaks.

Number (9)ine stuff is awesome. From what I've seen of it personally, it consists of some very cool, 'dark' pieces in a similar vein to Dior homme a la Hedi Slimane. However, with more of an industrial, goth-couture vibe. Think of some of the bondage style pieces that J. Lindeberg, Helmut or Bikkembergs have done in the past and you'll get an idea of what some of the gear looks like. It does fit slim, and it is expensive.

totally agree with u, Circa!

I love N(N) stuff, they are just awesome.

Quote: no one could ever wear anything outdoors expect for their tees.

bondage? come on. even if its nice, it tskes guts to wear. and people think you're gay.

have you ever seen the whole collection of N (N) in person from any previous season?

Quote:

no one could ever wear anything outdoors expect for their tees.

bondage? come on. even if its nice, it tskes guts to wear. and people think you're gay.

--- Original message by dontcaretoomuchforcrap on Jul 26, 2005 04:35 PM

who gives a shit? i look gay as fuck before i care what people think.

korn feat. ice cube

I'd say that Dover Street Market is probably the best place in London to get Number (N)ine, as they have quite a large selection of it in the basement there (along with Undercover).

http://www.doverstreetmarket.com/index.html

Personally I'd love to wear some of their tee's, but they are way overpriced and wouldn't fit a salad dodger like me anyway.

The other place is of course Yahoo auctions Japan - there's plenty of it on there.

• 2 weeks later...
Quote:

tytan, is that at atelier? don't you think it's a huge markup? even undercover tees are about $170, when they are sold at ace-web for about 12k yen... i don't recall ever seeing size 5 though, and i do need size 5 haha.

--- Original message by hahnstch on Aug 8, 2005 03:54 PM

at Atelier yes, but also at the Number (N)ine boutique in tribeca.

everything that is from japan (undercover, number (n)ine, comme des garcons, junya watanabe, viridi-anne) is quite abit more expensive here compared to the local prices...in japan that is.

yeh man Number (N)ine is stocked in dover street market, its fukin quality, the coats are so fukin slick,.. worth the money in my opinon, for an over coat its similar price to some dior homme stuff i think it was like er.. £800 for one i saw but most beautifully made and construded piece really amazing

DSM has lots of it, and undercover, selfridges have been stocking Number (N)ine too as wel as browns and Libertys...

Anybody now where else to get Number (N)ine stuff here in California? The only location I know of is Number (N)ine NYC. I'm using this awesome store locator btw:

http://www.50910.jp/shoplist_brand/index.html

tells you where many different japanese brands are located in Japan, Asia, US, UK, etc

Edited by super on Aug 9, 2005 at 01:34 AM

Quote:

their tees are pretty dope, but the collection as a whole is a little too dramatic for everyday wear in my opinion.. haven't seen A/W yet.

p.s. you saw undercover tees going for $170? they sell for like $65 at the store in tokyo.

--- Original message by stickykrylon on Aug 9, 2005 06:48 AM

damn! i knew that it's a rape markup here in NYC! coz even in rakuten retailers they cost less than 13k yen... a select piece of undercover is marked 60% off at atelier, but it's more expensive than what you found in tokyo...

for a peek at number nine and undercover stuff

http://www.rakuten.co.jp/cliffedge/

click on their respective logos