ipod 5.5 out sept 4th

chantheman

from what i read its basically a scrunched up version of the current ipod. they took out the extra inch between the click wheel and the screen.

26892_450.jpg

Same form factor as the iPhone with some notable exceptions:

* Outside rim is black, not silver like the iPhone and more flush with the screen like the 5.5G iPods not rounded like iPhone

* No ear speaker or microphone for phoning

* Thicker - slightly

Things that are the same:

* OSX Embedded OS

* 480x320 screen

* Coverflow-enabled iPod application

* Single button home navigation

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably wont be until the 5th, thats when the apple "special event" is being held.

Do you know if they are going to do the others (nano and shuffle) or is it just the video iPod getting the update

your right the 5th...typo. i dont know anything other than what i posted. it was all that i found to be confirmed

I've read differently....from other sources, those pictures that the OP posted are fake.

Then theres also this link: http://macdailynews.com/index.php/weblog/comments/14737/ . It suggests that the ipod might be wireless. No way would the scroll wheel work with wireless. I say the new ipod will be touchscreen and why wouldnt it? Many other companies are switching to touchscreen, and after the iphone completely obliterated the scroll wheel....why go back?

But alas, everything is speculation until sept. 5th so don't get your hopes up.

It looks kind of ugly imo. practically the same as the previous generation. I rememebr seeing concepts of a floating wheel ipod. touch screen very much like the iphone.

As in "click wheel" software displaying a click wheel on the full widescreen touch display? Wow if that the case then definately count me in for the next generation.

It looks kind of ugly imo. practically the same as the previous generation. I rememebr seeing concepts of a floating wheel ipod. touch screen very much like the iphone. That would be nice

the current nanos are ssd

yeah. i mean the high capacity like 32/64gb for the regular ipod.

I have a hard time believing that advertisement above is real. Apple wouldn't directly market against zune by saying 'zune,check this out.' Not only have I never thought using competitors names in an advertisement was cheap, but Apple doesn't express the personality that would do that.

Also, not only is the screen touch such a selling point/gimmick on the Iphone, but it also, I think/assume, is part of the reson why the Iphone is so expensive, to make the Ipod with a similar screen,would definitely bump the price up,No?

I have a hard time believing that advertisement above is real. Apple wouldn't directly market against zune by saying 'zune,check this out.' Not only have I never thought using competitors names in an advertisement was cheap, but Apple doesn't express the personality that would do that.

Also, not only is the screen touch such a selling point/gimmick on the Iphone, but it also, I think/assume, is part of the reson why the Iphone is so expensive, to make the Ipod with a similar screen,would definitely bump the price up,No?

They've used "redmond get your photocopiers ready" for OS X releases.

And the iphone is very reasonably priced compared to other phones. You just have to buy it at retail value.

Yeah, I have to restore my iPod also .. it won't connect with my computer anymore .. or any computer for that matter.

But is there a way to restore it if I can't get iTunes to recognize it?

You're using a mac arent you notesee? Have you tried doing a reset on it and then hooking it up? You could try booting into disk mode. Attach it to your computer (select & menu for like 8 seconds) then holding select and play as soon as the apple logo appears. That'll boot the ipod into disc mode and as long as the disk is okay you should be able to restore it from there. That should fix it so long as your disk is okay. If it doesnt make an appt at the genius bar.