Sugar Cane, Kato and Japan Blue in Portland??

zelah

I had no idea, tiny store in pioneer place called Collier. Sugar cane's denim is amazing on the okinawas and hawaiis, none of the fits are anything i'm looking for but its really awesome to know that they're availible.

Katos were too fancy for me, with the low slung back pockets and suspender buttons

Japan Blues were kinda cool. there were a zipper flied and insanely low rise, possibly women's. the straighter legged ones were normal rised and button fly. technical details folded in the back pocket, packet of sea salt on the tag, and a pebble in the front pocket. so thats neat

mikey and i went there earlier this summer.

weird fucking location, not to mention it stinks due to the cigar shop located below

guy working there was cool...i think he lurks here

*edit

which one are we talking about? the one in the mall downtown is pretty cool...the other one is kinda funky

yeah it's the mall one

my friend said he met some kid named "jerem" who worked there. I didn't see them when I went in. They seemed to know certain things about them but he didn't know about the levi's suit (the Japan Blue's have back pocket tabs).

Blake has some really good stuff though, Kicking Mules, RRL, maybe even another japanese brand soon. Plus Blake is just an awesome guy to talk to.

And then if you're fine with Nudie and similar, Local 35 has some stuff plus nice guys that work there

Katos were too fancy for me, with the low slung back pockets and suspender buttons

They're good guys, I posted some pics in the Kato thread. One of the employees knows exactly nothing about denim, the rest seem better. I got a pair of Katos back in . . . March? Unfortunately I promptly went and lost about 30-40 pounds and they fit like tents now. Ah well. They faded fairly quickly at first (mostly unworn due to size now), but kept a very rich color.

And, yes, Blake is fucking awesome. There's a lot of "fashion" denim in his shop, but some great things too.