And now a special commentary on 4% paypal charges in SuperMarket

diewhitegirls

Dear people that do this:

It's stupid. Seriously. If you really feel the need to recoup that $5 on your shitty Diesel Zanthans, just raise the fucking price by $5. I don't want to sit there and calculate what 4% of $135.83 and to ponder as to whether or not my shipping will incur this stupid 4% surcharge.

In conclusion, if you're really that fucking cheap that 4% of something is going to change your life, just raise the praise by 4% and save yourself the immediate title of "cheap and annoying jagoff" that comes with paypal "surcharges."

Thank you.

P.S. This thread can also be directed at Ticketmaster for the $20 "convenience" charge for fucking will-call tickets. HOW THE FUCK IS THAT CONVENIENT???

</end transmission>

couldnt agree more

It's stupid. Seriously. If you really feel the need to recoup that $5 on your shitty Diesel Zanthans, just raise the fucking price by $5. I don't want to sit there and calculate what 4% of $135.83 and to ponder as to whether or not my shipping will incur this stupid 4% surcharge.

In conclusion, if you're really that fucking cheap that 4% of something is going to change your life, just raise the praise by 4% and save yourself the immediate title of "cheap and annoying jagoff" that comes with paypal "surcharges."

Thank you.

P.S. This thread can also be directed at Ticketmaster for the $20 "convenience" charge for fucking will-call tickets. HOW THE FUCK IS THAT CONVENIENT???

</end transmission>

First of all I must state, I hate paypal. This is a fact. But anyways there is no denying that it is convenient as fuck, and since they are currently such a dominance in the online-money transfer game, they are getting away with charging all the high fees for its use.

Now, as a seller you are getting the most if not at least 1/2 of the benefits from using paypal. The alternative (if you are not down with google checkout as I am not) is getting a money order or check in the mail from the buyer and then having to deposit it at your bank. Takes about a week to complete a transaction vs. 1-3 days with paypal. Anyways, the bottom line is if you don't want to pay the fees then don't use paypal, ask for google or a money order, and if you really want to be a prick then ask for 2% fee (4% divided in half for the seller and buyer). But if you do that then you are probably such an asshole in real life for worrying about 2% of your sales on what is probably used jeans, sneakers, and t-shirts that I can't bear to transfer any money to you.

• 5 weeks later...
First of all I must state, I hate paypal. This is a fact. But anyways there is no denying that it is convenient as fuck, and since they are currently such a dominance in the online-money transfer game, they are getting away with charging all the high fees for its use.

Now, as a seller you are getting the most if not at least 1/2 of the benefits from using paypal. The alternative (if you are not down with google checkout as I am not) is getting a money order or check in the mail from the buyer and then having to deposit it at your bank. Takes about a week to complete a transaction vs. 1-3 days with paypal. Anyways, the bottom line is if you don't want to pay the fees then don't use paypal, ask for google or a money order, and if you really want to be a prick then ask for 2% fee (4% divided in half for the seller and buyer). But if you do that then you are probably such an asshole in real life for worrying about 2% of your sales on what is probably used jeans, sneakers, and t-shirts that I can't bear to transfer any money to you.

hahahah this is exactly wat biz do wit da salez taxx...

newaze

i think we all learn valuable lesson here

i.e. kill ur famiry

Applying any surcharges to purchases when people use paypal is actually against paypal's terms of service and can get you banned.

yes

therefore you should just include the fees in the price so no one can figure out the differenc.

OH SHIT SHIPPING COSTS ARE A SURCHARGE.

The only problem is you dont always know the final sale price of something when you list it.If I put $100 OBO and someone offers me $160 and then I have to ship the thing to myanmar which costs me $70 then 4% of $230 >> 4% of $100.

Also it REALLY sucks to have to pay the 4% on the portion of the payment that is for shipping, especially if the shipping is expensive.

Of course you could argue that the difference between $100 and $160 more than makes up for it but I think it's just the principle of having to pay a PERCENTAGE to paypal. I could understand a flat fee, but it's no more expensive for paypal to process your payment to me for $100,000 than it is for them to process a payment for $10 so why should they get away with charging a $0.40 fee on the $10 transaction and a $4000 fee on the $100,000 transaction? Its fucking arbitrary and it's highway robbery.

Altho I agree with you that it's lame to charge the 4% and then only accept paypal...

People seem to think that the Supermarket is a place to run their business. You're already saving the costs of selling it on eBay, and you're given the advantage of having a community of buyers with similar interests. Suck up the 4%.
this is how business works

I'm an international buyer.

whateva...I don't want yo shit noway :D

even if ur int'l i still gotta pay tax, so U GOTTA PAY TAX feel me? thts how it works. fuk i need 2 bust out some S&D graphs b4 u believe me??? srsly no offense but stoops shit lyk dis is y ecnonmix policie in country get FUKED n y EUROPE cant run dey shit rite.

even if ur int'l i still gotta pay tax, so U GOTTA PAY TAX feel me? thts how it works. fuk i need 2 bust out some S&D graphs b4 u believe me??? srsly no offense but stoops shit lyk dis is y ecnonmix policie in country get FUKED n y EUROPE cant run dey shit rite.

ha...the only tax I have to pay when purchasing something from the US is Canadian Goods & Service tax which is charged directly from the Cdn Government...I'm exempt from your tax.

ha...the only tax I have to pay when purchasing something from the US is Canadian Goods & Service tax which is charged directly from the Cdn Government...I'm exempt from your tax.

so is every1 selling on the internet in amerikka(basically tax free), which is y they dont pass the tax onto you.

Thank you.

</end transmission>

dont be queer you'd do the exact same thing