wooden/plastic/wire hangers?

chantheman

which do you prefer? i happen to be cleaning my room and saw a pile of extra wire hangers that i have and was just wondering what others use to hang/store their clothes. wooden would be my preference if it wasnt so expensive but for now im using wire and plastic.

maybe someone has another method

wire hangers have weak support and are a pain in the ass

I use plastic hangers for most stuff(theyre pretty cheap) and wooden hangers for jackets, coats, blazers, etc

you can get a pack of like 6 or so wooden hangers for 2 or 3 dollars at ikea

Yes, the question of the decades, plastic or wire hangers..

well lets look at the ups and downs of each, the standard aluminum hanger has less surface aerea then your standard plastic hanger, but the curvature of the hanger helps releave some of the extra pressure. But one of the downsides to the much sought after metal hanger is its rusting and getting off on your new shirts. Plastic on the other hand, does not. But everyone knows the real pitfall of the plastic hanger is the fact that it can't be made into a deadly weapon by bending...

So im going with wire.

for tee's i never hang, they stretch out too much, always fold with tee's.

but for hoodies, button ups... etc. i use plastic hangers cause they arent weak and shitty.

yup, wire hangers can ruin stuff if they somehow get damn/rust, plus if they're really thin they can dent(?) the cloth. they're most useful for stretching out a soaked waistband imo, but would never store anything for long periods w/them without one of those paper cover deals.

I hate wire hangers....they bend easily..thats if you get the cheap ones. Anyways, I have an assortment of plastic/wood. I use one of my wood hangars for my tuxedo, various dress shirts, and pants. Plastics are for t-shirts, sweaters, etc..

wire hangers give them points/shirt nipples right at the shoulders.

i don't fold, cause then u get fold lines. i only fold heavy sweaters if anything.

been using ikea plastic ones for awhile. they're really round on the shoulders, the hanger itself is flat so u can stack more clean tees. worn tees on one side of the closet, fresh ones from the wash on the other.

wow that was wild homo.

As stated above, keep one wire hanger around for routine abortions, throw the rest out immediately. If you ever seen "Ghey Eye for the Closet Ghuy" you will see that's the first thing they do. The wires ruin your clothes, your dry cleaner would rather give you something nicer but anything else is just too expensive for your $1.50 per shirt order.

I wish there were cheap plastic hangers with big rounded shoulders. Wouldn't be much more expensive to make. But there are none that I have seen.