Boston for a weekend what to do...?

rome1

Well, what sort of stuff are you looking for? You'll be recommended to shop on Newbury St., walk around the commons or Back Bay if the weather's still nice, and maybe grab some seafood, but Boston's pretty huge and there are acres of things to do if you have any specific interests.

I was just hoping to see some sights and eat good food. just wanted to be pointed in the right direction. No shopping though, thats what I 've got the city for.

I can't absolutely say what's the best food but I've had a lot of fun going to afternoon tea at, say, the Park Plaza, going to a play on Stuart Street, and concerts all over the place (Paradise Rock Club is a very nice venue and very intimate). There are standard sights to see like the Freedom Trail and the Commons and whatnot but it's kind of dull, to be honest.

Quincy Market is a cool kinda touristy thing to go to (not sure if you've ever been) but its a big hall filled with all sorts of food places, I've only eaten at a few of them and I've been satisfied, it can be accessed from the Government Center stop on the green line

Boston Beer Works I hear is fun (im under 21 so I dont know from experiance) I think its just a bar but they have quite a variety of unique beers.

(http://www.beerworks.net/html/menu_drink.html)

Umm..The north end has a bunch of italian places...

You can check this site too for some ideas..

http://www.boston100.net/

I dunno, I'm trying to be helpful, i know these are pretty common places to go..but I'm not too sure what you've already been to and done, so sorry if i'm beating a dead horse.

Publik House by Washington Square is the best beer in town. John Harvard's is a little touristy, but they brew in house and it's fuckin delish.

The real gems are the record stores! Lots are closed, but you still got:

In Your Ear (Harvard Sq and by BU)

Twisted VIllage (Harvard Sq)

Looney Tunes (by Harvard / Central Sq, and one Downtown)

Stereo Jacks (Central Sq)

Boston also has some awesome clubs/venues. The Somerville Theatre is a weird, cool spot to see shows if anything good is playing. Around Allston there's the dive spots like Great Scott that often has great shows, and Paradise is a little nicer, usually has great acts on the weekends.

Also chill out on Newbury for a while. There's a sweet Espresso Royale there halfway underground that's great for people watching and playing chess with a nutty Russian named Boris.