yes or no? / this or that?

chris

Get the MMM if only because everyone and their fucking mother is going to be rocking that RoGeller steez this season.

I was one of his biggest proponents since the first collection but I'm only getting two pieces this season, it's got to cool off a little.

I picked it up :) Cheers for the nudge in the right direction.

not to mention that RG leather jacket from last(?) season is so bad. the belted one. it looks fucking horirble.

Really? I love that piece, and am looking into getting it. But with people still looking to get $1000 for it, I'll wait a bit longer.

All the Rokin I've seen looks kinda cheap in person. The think the CoN ones are the best looking, but the soles are reeeally thin. Suspiciously so. I'd get the Comey boots. I may actually get the Comey boots. I keep looking at them.

So I ended up getting the Comeys, J+O had the CoN's in stock so I managed to try both. The CoN's look less impressive in pictures, and the leather laces had already split on one pair. Tried them on and when I stood straight, the heel was crooked with the ground. Not cool. The fact that the Comeys were cheaper sealed it. Sydney's was sold out of the Rokin's in my size, they had some OC's that looked decent, but in the end, I think the Comey's are probably the best all-round. Definitely get a size smaller than you were counting on though; I'm an 8.5 in Chucks and these are an 8 and still maybe a tiny bit big.

Sorry, j. I can't concentrate and deliver an honest opinion because of the fucking model/pose.

20081009-asy6b4it2icnuhf4fff5fx11.jpg

israeli military boots. i think they look pretty badass, and they're cheap as fuck. what do you think, sufu?

Haha. I have been looking for these recently, cuz they are so cheap. For like 50 dollars I say do it. I am gonna get a pair in tan I think.

im like 75% sure i want it already, but what do some of ya'll think about the floral ann d vest? if it comes down to it and i dont like the print, i'll just have a black vest that has a crazy alternate side...but i do love that floral print...shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

please do.. it's possible... very possible

im like 75% sure i want it already, but what do some of ya'll think about the floral ann d vest? if it comes down to it and i dont like the print, i'll just have a black vest that has a crazy alternate side...but i do love that floral print...shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

it'll make it to sales, wait it out and get it cheap

My wife's law firm has their annual party next weekend, it's a formal event and I'm hoping to be able to put together an outfit out of my existing wardrobe. I was never groomed in formal wear growing up, but in Australia the bar is never set very high. I'm happy to take some risks, but I'm also after a few pointers on making what I've got work...

shoes.JPG

Are these cap toe oxfords formal enough?

shirt.JPG

Lanvin blazer and Prorsum shirt.

My challenge is the fabric of the Lanvin blazer. A cashmere blend fabric that has a soft, almost merle grey-black texture. I don't have the matching trousers, and I'm happy to wear the suit unmatched.

One option are these black Dior trousers, which have a sheen to them:

fabrics.JPG

If I can avoid spending money, that's cool, but I think to make the unmatched combo work, I'd need a pair of trousers with more contrast, perhaps something with side detailing - or is that too much along with the satin lapel?

These in grey or navy:

95219_1.jpg

95219_3.jpg

These in black or navy:

yoox.jpg

The tie/buttonere combo I'm considering:

accessories.JPG

Inspiration:

00320m.jpg

00330m.jpg

all really depends on how trad the firm is. my cousin's fiance works at an environmental firm where people are fairly with it. either way, the cap toes are fine.

My wife's law firm has their annual party next weekend, it's a formal event and I'm hoping to be able to put together an outfit out of my existing wardrobe. I was never groomed in formal wear growing up, but in Australia the bar is never set very high. I'm happy to take some risks, but I'm also after a few pointers on making what I've got work...

shoes.JPG

Are these cap toe oxfords formal enough?

shirt.JPG

Lanvin blazer and Prorsum shirt.

My challenge is the fabric of the Lanvin blazer. A cashmere blend fabric that has a soft, almost merle grey-black texture. I don't have the matching trousers, and I'm happy to wear the suit unmatched.

One option are these black Dior trousers, which have a sheen to them:

fabrics.JPG

If I can avoid spending money, that's cool, but I think to make the unmatched combo work, I'd need a pair of trousers with more contrast, perhaps something with side detailing - or is that too much along with the satin lapel?

These in grey or navy:

95219_1.jpg

95219_3.jpg

These in black or navy:

yoox.jpg

The tie/buttonere combo I'm considering:

accessories.JPG

Inspiration:

00320m.jpg

00330m.jpg

all really depends on how trad the firm is. my cousin's fiance works at an environmental firm where people are fairly with it. either way, the cap toes are fine.

Thanks for that mate. I decided to skip on buying the tuxedo trousers and go with a pair of wide Raf trousers, should come together nicely.

1290860b5dp9.jpg

These are a cheap pair of eyeglasses from green label relaxing. I'm new to frames, so i'm merely just testing the waters to see how these would suit me.. about 40 bucks to start off.. Once i start feeling more comfortable with wearing frames, I may look into more high end names..

For now, Yes or no?