your favorite drummer ever.

keagan

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i've always liked mike portnoy, but i def. think chris pennie is one of the better drummers around today.

he re-did aphex twin's "come to daddy" on drums and basically perfectly. he's essentially a drum machine.

Chris Pennie gives up some great drummer faces in that vid-- and he's chewing gum the entire time!

so wow, your dads like.. 40-something?

jeeeeeeez.

43, why "jeeeeeeez"?

Apparently Chad is really fucking stupid, like he couldn't write a check or spell real well or something.

I donno, my dad only talks about how stupid he was and how he "saved his life". He always says that he "dragged" chad to california and "introduced" him to anthony, but my dad is a drunk and tells a lot of bullshit. I read Anthony's book and there was no mention of my dad at all.

43, why "jeeeeeeez"?

Apparently Chad is really fucking stupid, like he couldn't write a check or spell real well or something.

I donno, my dad only talks about how stupid he was and how he "saved his life". He always says that he "dragged" chad to california and "introduced" him to anthony, but my dad is a drunk and tells a lot of bullshit. I read Anthony's book and there was no mention of my dad at all.

keagan, you're my age right, 17-18 range? my dad's 10 years older than yours. are you an only child? and do you do drugs with your dad? cause that would be cool, but somewhat awkward too.

sorry, young fathers with kids relatively close to my age always like get me. its such a novelty to me for some reason. no offense or anything, its just funny to me.

stewart copeland.

yes, from the police. the man barely ever repeats the same rhythmic phrase over in a song -- he seem to play by instinct. i once got to see him in a tiny venue playing with stanley clarke from chick corea and was one of the most amazing thing i've ever witnessed.

Great call, DDML.

I love Roy Haynes, Elvin, Max and all those guys a lot, obviously. I think Kenny Clark doesn't get enough enough recognition and so does Frankie Dunlop. Vernell Fournier is the probably the best with brushes.

I really need to buy myself another kit... haven't touched a kit seriously in so long :( damn music school killing my motivation.

Servo2000's Random Drum Factoids

Since I Don't Really Know What I'm Talking About

Chris Corsano makes some neat noises.

I'm named after the drummer from Deep Purple (Ian Paice).

Aa (Big A little a) are pretty killer live.

I just uploaded this random video of The Boredoms I found on my harddrive. I don't know anything about it or where it came from, but the drumming is sort of neat.

0wMedWRIh0c

dave grohl because he can make anything sound good. he is so sound in his technique but can go nuts too.

chad sexton (not a fan of 311, but he can laid it down, super groovy and owns the shit out his snare work)

travis barker is fucking way over rated.

chris pennie is whatever i feel over rated.

brain who took over primus from tim alexander, but then left. complete fucking weirdo.

good call by chicken, steward copeland is amazing.

thats all i can think of right now.