Most Influential Members on SuFu

jimmyc

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going through the first couple of pages in the "Best WAYWT" thread thinking about the rise in photo quality and poster personality demonstrated in WAYWT posts that've really took off in the past 5 months. Posters are chosing to exhibit fits in either a more stylized or normative manner as opposed to taking a picture against a mirror or a simple self timer. Either way photo quality has been consistently on the rise on this forum.

I believe the perpetrators are thus:

lowrey for his early high quality fit photos, stressing that pictures of fits should be sharp and detailed.

haptronic in that a highly stylized photo can come off well without looking contrived or overly vain, that one can experiment with "steez" here and have it be acceptable.

Hap also deserves credit for the first meet up post that truly blew the lid off of supertalk, his meet up with b i z z y.

sidneylo and the original San Francisco Self Edge meetup deserve perhaps the most credit for initiating what is now a popular series of meet ups and collaborative posts, either in front of the all-homogenizing background of bricks, bike, and stool, or spotted around cities. Though haptronic's collaborative with biz might have been the original, sidney has generated so many photos that he has transformed the process into a series, not just a one-off or "rare" occurence.

Of course there is selectivebeef, too, but I goddamn hate night shots.

If you try to keep it simple and don't consider inter-forum influence and larger discussions on different topics (books, photography, etc) I would say some influential members would have been:

Those that posted more fashion-forward or innovative fits in WAYWT, like:

-Thomas Highstreet: for the slim fit pants, modern hipster thing and DIY elements + interesting pics.

-Milspex: keeping the 90s streetwear scene alive and bringing many new members to the fold; he must have been inundated with msgs about his WTaps BDUs.

-Mouko: First guy to contribute pics of himself wearing Dior Homme, Cloak, Helmut Lang mixed with a healthy dose of H&M and other “fast fashion†retailers.

-DJRajio: Did the same thing than Mouko for Japanese labels Julius and Lad Musician. I remember reading threads on these two labels on theFashionSpot and thinking I’d really like to add these to my wardrobe but being unsure about the sizing, fit and construction quality. Rajio had some interesting comments to contribute, especially since he wears the same size as me.

-Haptronic: introduced the idea of documenting your everyday wear instead of just taking a few pics from time to time. His carefully chosen location shots and interesting poses have inspired countless other posters.

Bringing the goods to the members of the forum:

Coldrice: started it all, enabling the onslaught of Japanese goods on the forum.

2000db: did take up the mantle at some point, had a large volume like Coldrice.

I should also mention RingRing, Paul T and Serge D Nime as they brought an interest in the intricacies of the whole denim production process and aging that wasn’t there before.

• 2 years later...