Designersheep's guess my avatar competition :)

designersheep

I'm bored. I've just updated my avatar with an animated gif that rotates stills from 9 films I really like. The first person to guess all 9 of them correctly gets $9 paypal from me.

Here are the rules:

* You may collaborate through PMs or use whatever means to acquire hints, but I will pay one person only, and it's up to the winner's' to decide how they divide their shares.

* Do not ask for help on other film forums. I lurk on a lot of them, and if I see my avatar posted elsewhere, this competition is terminated.

* You must post your answers in this thread. You must come up with 9 titles with director names, and I will reply with how many you answered correctly (not which ones). You must post answers to 9 of them at once. Enquiry to a single film will be ignored.

* You may post an answer only once every 12hrs.

* You can bribe me with $10 and I will give you hints by pm.

* Chatter is allowed in this thread (I've no power to control it anyway).

Most of them should be easy to recognise if you are a film fan (fuuma, mass, raised by wolves... etc).

Hints:

* Some are colour films, but I've grayscaled them.

* Some are from promotional materials, the others are from actual film scenes.

* No overlapping directors.

* No Hollywood.

* Everything is at least 10yrs old.

edit: rules changed a bit, more hints added

Avatar is too small to see but at first glance I can say there's some "Au hazard Balthazar" by Bresson and "Simon of the desert" by Bunuel in there.

Is that a "scenes from a marriage" pic I see? Not sure at all about this one.

how the FUCK did he get all that so quickly? is begs a real person, or some sort of computer?

They're very iconic movies and Jun has listed them as movies he liked, not extremely hard but takes say 30 min to verify everything. I must say I have no idea how he managed to distinguish them using that small avatar though...I can't see shit.

Sorry begs, sorry soundbomber...

The winner is Egbert, Joe :P

Please PM me your paypal and I'll send you your $9 hahaha

Now that was boring. I'll try to come up with better ideas to make this more enjoyable and accessible to wider audiences. Perhaps a daily screenshot quiz competition where the person with most correct guesses in a month winning a prize (a dvd?) or something would be mildly better.

Anyway, Le Genour de Claire (Eric Rohmer) was the answer to the last mysterious film, and it's a talkie by Eric Rohmer, one of my fav directors, about a pervert pedophile who has to deal with his knee fetish. Sounds interesting huh? Go and watch.

edit: paid Egbert, Joe