Help I think I am screwed

Guest DenimBar1

Guest DenimBar1

I just got stuck in the HUGEST Thunderstorm. I am wearing my RR Dry nudies. I have be so good to them for the past 3months. They are soaked. Do you think they are ruined or can I dry them fast and they won't get fucked up or am I over reacting?

i'd say use a washing towel to reduce the moisture and just hang dry them. if you toss them in the dryer, the high heat will accelerate the pigment loss prematurely. you're probably not that screwed, but i don't think there's any other solution.

"God is Dead" - Neitzsche icon_smile_angry.gif

"Neitzsche is Dead" - God icon_smile_cool.gif

Guest DenimBar1

thanks. I am still at work so a dryer is out of the question. I took them off to dry and picked up a pair of RR authentic deluxe ( pros of having a denim store)

Thanks for the advice.

Quote:

I just got stuck in the HUGEST Thunderstorm. I am wearing my RR Dry nudies. I have be so good to them for the past 3months. They are soaked. Do you think they are ruined or can I dry them fast and they won't get fucked up or am I over reacting?

--- Original message by DenimBar1 on Jul 14, 2005 03:19 PM

chill out man, i bought my RR's durring a thunderstorm then put em on to run though it. it wont fuck em up at all, now getting queso on your pants will.....

chwa?

They're done for. Give them to Goodwill and buy another pair.

And this time around, please take care of them. Don't get them wet, stained, sweaty, or unduly stretched. EVER. Spray them with Nudie starch before each wearing, then do some GENTLE Pilates or Jazzercise to set the creases. Sand lightly with a fine-grit Kyushu river stone in desired wear areas. Clean with an ostrich feather duster after each day of wear, and vacuum weekly, taking care to place a piece of clean cheesecloth between the jeans and the vacuum nozzle to prevent unwanted abrasion. Store in a dark, well-ventilated cabinet away from perishable foodstuffs between 20-25C.

Quote:

--- Original message by DenimBar1 on Jul 14, 2005 03:19 PM

yo bro...think of it positively. that's just a good reason to get rid of those jeans and get something real from Japan.

Whoa WTF? I'm not gay I swear! Man, ask anyone and they will tell you I'm 100% hetero I swear. The one thing I'm NOT is gay, that would be crazy! Me? Come on dude chill out, your going too far! The last thing I want, is for someone to think I'm gay..that would be awful.

Quote:

Whoa WTF? I'm not gay I swear! Man, ask anyone and they will tell you I'm 100% hetero I swear. The one thing I'm NOT is gay, that would be crazy! Me? Come on dude chill out, your going too far! The last thing I want, is for someone to think I'm gay..that would be awful.

--- Original message by onpoint on Jul 14, 2005 08:06 PM

now it's really official. onpoint is ghey.

"God is Dead" - Neitzsche icon_smile_angry.gif

"Neitzsche is Dead" - God icon_smile_cool.gif

geez, i dont think i ever washed a pair jeans, since i'm so balling, i just go out and buy few more pairs of what ever jeans i want.....yeah sure, i swear i dont know any one goes to buy a another pair just because your jeans got wet...i work for a company that make jeans, and i never heard of such thing as not washing your jeans....thats so gross, disgusting, what 's the differences between you and homeless people if you dont wash your clothes. have you guys ever been to the garment distric in LA? man thats where all the homless crack head hang out, shit they dont wash their jeans and they smell like shit, for real they smell like shit becaus every each drop of sweat, pee, shit,and some one else' pee and shit and sweat and blood drop on them.....right there for all you jeans freaks out there, there is the ultimate wash for your next off the graph chart jeans, yeah go rob a crack head and sale his or her fucken jeans on ebay, they banging.......you people got rob by the so-call high end jeans company....they all made in east LA by bunch illegal immigrants and wash by them and all the korean, morrocan jews, armanian, chinese owners are getting rich off your hard earn money....

Denim Bar, you're jeans will be fine. This will probably help more than hurt anyway. I get my APC's (rescue) wet whenever I can and they are coming along great (i'll post pics after i finish their conversion to boot cut).

well, i honestly dont care......i just dont think if you folks know where you jeans come from, and i know....i know where seven wash there jeans, i know where von dutch wash their jeans, i know who sews jeans for true religion, i been to those places....and its not pretty. i know the ins and outs of this business, i just reflect the ugly truth about it, in fact i have no problem people spend their money buying jeans at 180 and up, and i have no problem poeple are making lucrative money on it. just like there is tons of people welling-ly to pay few hundred bucks for a pair nike dunk, and the only cost no more than 10 USD to produce.

all i did was to reflect they way things are...and people tends to think thats ignorant...i wish i could show you folks just what kind of place those places are....it really isn't pretty...have you ever seen a warehouse stuck with more than 200 people stand side by side for 8-10 hours a day just to do the whisker on the jeans ( the fade effect on jeans done by hand sanding....) and thats no joke....no AC no NOthing....

Quote:

well, i honestly dont care......i just dont think if you folks know where you jeans come from, and i know....i know where seven wash there jeans, i know where von dutch wash their jeans, i know who sews jeans for true religion, i been to those places....and its not pretty. i know the ins and outs of this business, i just reflect the ugly truth about it, in fact i have no problem people spend their money buying jeans at 180 and up, and i have no problem poeple are making lucrative money on it. just like there is tons of people welling-ly to pay few hundred bucks for a pair nike dunk, and the only cost no more than 10 USD to produce.

all i did was to reflect they way things are...and people tends to think thats ignorant...i wish i could show you folks just what kind of place those places are....it really isn't pretty...have you ever seen a warehouse stuck with more than 200 people stand side by side for 8-10 hours a day just to do the whisker on the jeans ( the fade effect on jeans done by hand sanding....) and thats no joke....no AC no NOthing....

--- Original message by pressproduction on Jul 14, 2005 11:21 PM

If you're so concerned with these working conditions, then you should be glad that we're breaking in our dry jeans the way we are.

Yeah dude i hear you, raw denim is like so totally played, its not like 1956 guys, and Mossimo has some totally rad washes dropping at Target, like Pharell is totally rocking that shit right now.

This dude i know who like works for Diesel says winter 06 we can expect some big shit, cotton/kevlar/poly/stretch zathan with waxed finish and hand distressing. Its like jeans from the future that have already been worn that youll be able to buy at urban outfitters. Paper, Rogan, Sewn, Seven, and like everybody are gonna get their shit MESSED up.

Yeah.

Like for serious, everyone, am i the only one thinking "fucking bad crinkles and contrast, the piss really puts it over," when you bum cigarettes to homeless dudes? Can't just be me.

The extra waist in APCs is probably for depends, can't take them off for shit, there supposed to be lived in for christs sake, thats why the jeans on the nudie website look so ill. Lowering your fly to piss is like totally dishonest, its way worse than hand sanding. And the male body produces some of the best starches around if you know what i mean, totally way better than corn startch and water. You'll have center creases you can cut throats on, youll be a total star at the cowboys of color benefit rodeo.

There are some total poseurs on this board. Just can't hang with real denim fiends.

Guest Berget__
Quote:

Yeah dude i hear you, raw denim is like so totally played, its not like 1956 guys, and Mossimo has some totally rad washes dropping at Target, like Pharell is totally rocking that shit right now.

This dude i know who like works for Diesel says winter 06 we can expect some big shit, cotton/kevlar/poly/stretch zathan with waxed finish and hand distressing. Its like jeans from the future that have already been worn that youll be able to buy at urban outfitters. Paper, Rogan, Sewn, Seven, and like everybody are gonna get their shit MESSED up.

Yeah.

Like for serious, everyone, am i the only one thinking "fucking bad crinkles and contrast, the piss really puts it over," when you bum cigarettes to homeless dudes? Can't just be me.

The extra waist in APCs is probably for depends, can't take them off for shit, there supposed to be lived in for christs sake, thats why the jeans on the nudie website look so ill. Lowering your fly to piss is like totally dishonest, its way worse than hand sanding. And the male body produces some of the best starches around if you know what i mean, totally way better than corn startch and water. You'll have center creases you can cut throats on, youll be a total star at the cowboys of color benefit rodeo.

There are some total poseurs on this board. Just can't hang with real denim fiends.

--- Original message by blackcactuschoir on Jul 15, 2005 01:50 AM

That has to be one of the funniest things i've ever read icon_smile_big.gif

"Lowering your fly to piss is like totally dishonest, its way worse than hand sanding."

I aint gotta get money man money get me