Paper Denim and Cloth.

phoenixaurora

So I just picked up a pair of Paper denim and Cloth jeans not to long ago. And I was wondering, This may be a stupid question but is it possible to get good fades with them? I'm not sure if they are raw, I don't think so since the Denim is black, but is it still possible to get a good fade. I usually would know but this is strange, the denim is rigid, but not as rigid as like Raw denim, but still more rigid than washed denim, even though it seems washed. (there are honeycombs pre-made on the back of the jeans, but they say they use "resin" or something for the whiskering.) But it's very, very slight.

I have no idea what to do, should i just throw them in the wash?

Please read the encyclopedia, have a look through the evolution thread, use the search button.

You obviously have close to or no idea at all about denim.

Raw denim is RAW (SPARTA!!!) Basically nothing has been done to them, no washing, no predistressing etc...so you can get your fades.

Your denim has been prewashed, predistressed, preshatted on etc...and so due to indigo loss already, its harder to get a good fade. If its dark enough, you'll get some slight fades if you work on them hard enough (or tight enough)

But dont bet your balls that they'll produce good fades. I think paper denim and cloth is in Australia...so try some Nudies, APCs or even some GStar raws.

people have worn prewashed jeans and worked some fades into them, if you like your jeans i would say just wear them anyway until you feel like you could use a new pair.

don't really see a compelling reason to wash them again, so just wear the jeans.

wait?? exactly how rigid are they? not so much but like a lot but no not really like a little more than so so but heavier that rigid but not quite as soft??? me confused ughhhhh,.....

is this a joke?

No, I'm being absolutely serious. the distressing is very very slight. You couldn't tell if you dont look at it in light, and it doesn't seem like the thing that will happen to jeans after you wear them for a bit. It's black denim with like... I don't know grey/white whiskers and honeycombs. (Yes, there are actual honeycombs on them)

Please read the encyclopedia, have a look through the evolution thread, use the search button.

You obviously have close to or no idea at all about denim.

Raw denim is RAW (SPARTA!!!) Basically nothing has been done to them, no washing, no predistressing etc...so you can get your fades.

Your denim has been prewashed, predistressed, preshatted on etc...and so due to indigo loss already, its harder to get a good fade. If its dark enough, you'll get some slight fades if you work on them hard enough (or tight enough)

But dont bet your balls that they'll produce good fades. I think paper denim and cloth is in Australia...so try some Nudies, APCs or even some GStar raws.

Which is why I'm asking. I don't want to spend too much time on them, I only wear them like once every 2 weeks or something if they wont fade well, maybe I'll wear them more if they do.

If they're bootcut, they won't!

Slim straight. ;)

Khoiphan? :love:

:confused:

wait?? exactly how rigid are they? not so much but like a lot but no not really like a little more than so so but heavier that rigid but not quite as soft??? me confused ughhhhh,.....

Sorry, They are rigid. Much more so than any other jean I own. (I don't own any raw jeans though, but I've tried some on, and the nudies I tried on were a bit more rigid.

Alright, here's the quick rundown:

If you have color in your jeans (ie. they aren't white), fading is certainly possible with enough wear. Raw denim, as well as one wash, take fading a lot better because they are still saturated with the indigo. However, saturated is a bad term because it doesn't really absorb into the thread that well, so most of it will rub off. This is also known as fading. After a few washes and pre-distressing, most of this non-absorbed indigo will have already worn off and therefore additional fading will be more difficult.

So, the rigidity has nothing to do with the fades you'll get. It's just about how much indigo is left that has not saturated the thread. Basically, unless it's raw, it's hard to get fading, but I do have a pair of Levis that are almost 10 years old and they have faded very nicely.

Alright, here's the quick rundown:

If you have color in your jeans (ie. they aren't white), fading is certainly possible with enough wear. Raw denim, as well as one wash, take fading a lot better because they are still saturated with the indigo. However, saturated is a bad term because it doesn't really absorb into the thread that well, so most of it will rub off. This is also known as fading. After a few washes and pre-distressing, most of this non-absorbed indigo will have already worn off and therefore additional fading will be more difficult.

So, the rigidity has nothing to do with the fades you'll get. It's just about how much indigo is left that has not saturated the thread. Basically, unless it's raw, it's hard to get fading, but I do have a pair of Levis that are almost 10 years old and they have faded very nicely.

Ahhh... Damn, I'll just wash them then. lol.

this is completely wrong. if they're not rigid, they won't develop nice creases and won't fade in a good way, i.e. with a pleasing pattern of combs, whiskers, etc. they'll just fade in a bland washed out way like old man levi's.

if a good fade was your goal, PDC's were a poor choice

this is completely wrong. if they're not rigid, they won't develop nice creases and won't fade in a good way, i.e. with a pleasing pattern of combs, whiskers, etc. they'll just fade in a bland washed out way like old man levi's.

if a good fade was your goal, PDC's were a poor choice

It's actually not "completely wrong." He asked about fading, not honeycombs, whiskers and all the other good stuff. In addition, I have a pair of Crate James IV which were never particularly rigid AND I soaked them and they developed very nice whiskers and honeycombs.

In conclusion, :P

If you work in construction or other types of jobs that require physical movement, instead of sitting your ass in front of a computer surfing on SF, then I would say, yes, you will definitely develop fades. If not, return them to Barney's and get yourself some raw denim and post here again.

ok so you said that these are black is it overdyed black or is the weft white. if its white wear the love out of em and they will fade fine. ive said this before but i really want to see how a premium mall jeans fade, so please get started on this. thanks