Ma·ri·jua·na

axtsang

just a quick question for y'all:

so when smoking out a pipe/bong how well do you break up the weed? i know people who swear by grinding it up in a grinder and others who just stick the whole nug in there. personally I break up a nug into 2-3 pieces so it fits snugly in the bowl.

i always thought grinding up for a pipe/bong would just make it burn faster, amirite? as opposed to sticking the whole nug in there, what makes it burn slowest?

i feel like grinding it (but not too fine) is the best thing to do. if you straight up stick a whole nug in there, i think that it won't burn thoroughly, wasting a lot of weed. i guess 2-3 piece is ok, but grinding it is really the best option i think.

well throwing a whole nug in there will make it burn slower.

I use my grinder like 90% of the time though because the flame hits every part of of the broken down nug as opposed to just the outside. Also when it's broker down you can hit a bowl in the corners and get 4 greens hits instead of torching the nug and the rest of the hits tasting like shit.

Oh, and all the kief goes into my grinder instead of all over my fingers.

i tend to break up nugs with my fingers then pack the bowl. grinders are primarily for papers.

@gdrifter: i don't really use scissors, but i remember one occasion i was using a swiss army knife scissor thing and when i started cutting the cut up bud would fly everywhere

@Knugget

While I agree that a very fine grind is critical for papers, the reward that comes after weeks of passing buds over a kief screen is so awesome that I can't resist using it for everything.

Also, for the Canadians here, its a pretty tragic day for Vancouver. A local Marijuana activist named Marc Emery has finally gotten the decision to be extradited to the United States to serve 5 years for a crime that he'd only receive a $200 fine. He has raised thousands of dollars (I'd like to say more but I don't know the exact figure) for legalization efforts and many are calling this a political act and not a criminal one. Strange times we live in. I'll say this: I'm very troubled by where the Conservative government is taking our country and I'd advise everyone to check their values against the values Stephen Harper is representing at home and on the world stage.

Full story: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-columbia/story/2010/05/10/bc-marc-emery-extradition-again.html

marc emery is more than just a local activist, the dude is the prince of pot! i cant believe theyre finally locking him up.. shits fucked.

free marc emery!

prince-of-pot.jpg

^^blazing up in front of a local police station..

Yeah he was an amazing guy; I wish I had a chance to meet him whenever he came to Ontario. I referred to him as local just because he ran for mayor and did a lot of great work in Vancouver, but he also started his political work in London, Ontario. If you're a Canadian, you should fire off an e-mail to the justice minister demanding he serve his time in Canada. I have, but I'm sure my emails are quickly deleted... whatever, use your vote come election time.

If anyone in the United States is interested, there are contact details for the judge on this page as well as information for Canadians who want to take action: http://cannabisculture.com/v2/content/2010/05/10/Its-Official-Conservatives-Extradite-Marc-Emery

@knugget - dull scissors are bad. but they can give you the exact consistency you want and you can easily scrape the scissors. hard to scrape a grinder. just my two cents. i saw a sharpstone with a clear top and a pepper grinder like turn on the top. was pretty nifty looking.

and it sucks for marc, but also sucks for all the people he stole from sending out over priced or intentionally mislabeled seed packs. he'll be even more famous when he gets out. he'll be fine.

again just my two cents.

Ever since I started grinding (just a fwe months ago, after years of smoking) I've been grinding for everything. A grinder is almost nearly as much a part of my every day cary as a lighter.

Grinded herbs burns better without a doubt but I also find that I save tons by being able to more accurately place in 100% smokeable weed. No big hardened nugs that are crispy on the outside and green on the inside.

Oh yeah and Kief.

anecdotal evidence:

started giving some weed to a cancer patient recently.

they used to smoke in the seventies. hadn't smoked in 20+ years.

smokes few hits of mexican and get high but keep asking "how old the dope is?"

smokes pinner of cali outdoor without knowing what it was.

gets high and lights pinner of sour diesel (indoor), (without knowing what it was.)

stops cuz joint won't stay lit.

point: some of you guys are light weights. :P and weed has a huge placebo effect.

also, the skunk of old and acapulco gold and even the regs i got in the mid nineties were FIRE. atleast as good as avg cali outdoor. STOP over-breeding in the cannabis industry.

question: who has tips for rolling tiny joints, hmmm?

to roll tiny joints make a second layer of paper while rolling or remove the excedent of paper prior to rolling or roll it à la dutch. assuming that's what you wanted to know.

a friend of mine offered me this. i now carry it around everyday haha.

img6657s.jpg

I think it's kindda silly to have something that obvious to carry a joint around. I mean there's about a thousand little plastic/ metal container that fit the shape perfectly and that would attract no suspicion.

I think it's kindda silly to have something that obvious to carry a joint around. I mean there's about a thousand little plastic/ metal container that fit the shape perfectly and that would attract no suspicion.

On the other hand I think its genius, only because, if you're like me, you carry around atleast 1 joint at all times. Sometimes, you're not able to finish that joint. You can slide the j into that bad boy, and cap it off and If im right, its air tight and no scent comes out.

I cant tell you the amount of times I've gotten onto a bus or train with a half smoked joint KNOWING i wreaked of weed and being as paranoid as all get out.

I mean I dont think you go around advertising that you have a joint on you so the fact that its obviously holding a joint shouldn't really be that much of an issue, should it?

I'm going to ask my smoke shop about those...

i got a plastic candy test tube thing that i use for the same thing

and its pretty convenient to carry ground/broken up weed in

so instead of going all out and getting a nice vape i think i'm gonna go for the magic flight as well...how is it in terms of efficiency? any complaints from any of you?

i think its great

pack it full with some finely ground weed and youll be high enough, and youll get quite a few hits from it

and the trench for the weed isnt really that big so you dont even use that much

i don't know the shape and sturdiness makes it pretty perfect. i just wish it was made like of metal and all shiny and classy. oh and i'd indeed look suspicious with that if i had to empty my pockets but yeah otherwise ...

a la dutch means?

rolling paper upside down, lick on the outside, then burn the excess of paper in style. i think i posted a video once ...

On the other hand I think its genius, only because, if you're like me, you carry around atleast 1 joint at all times. Sometimes, you're not able to finish that joint. You can slide the j into that bad boy, and cap it off and If im right, its air tight and no scent comes out.

I cant tell you the amount of times I've gotten onto a bus or train with a half smoked joint KNOWING i wreaked of weed and being as paranoid as all get out.

I mean I dont think you go around advertising that you have a joint on you so the fact that its obviously holding a joint shouldn't really be that much of an issue, should it?

I'm going to ask my smoke shop about those...

having something air tight is def. a concern, but i still think it's possible to find many types of container which could do that job but imply a different purpose, or just be less blatant

also far from advertising, i think it's always wiser to be prepared for any eventuality

having something air tight is def. a concern, but i still think it's possible to find many types of container which could do that job but imply a different purpose, or just be less blatant

also far from advertising, i think it's always wiser to be prepared for any eventuality

Cant argue with you there. I'm just not that concerned with being caught.

Though I was caught last week in Arizona, driving to the airport. I thought I was thoroughly fucked as its a felony in AZ (iirc)

But, the cop just took what was left my weed and let me go. Im pretty sure he just didn't want to deal with all the extra paperwork involved in booking someone who isnt even from the state.

Cant argue with you there. I'm just not that concerned with being caught.

Though I was caught last week in Arizona, driving to the airport. I thought I was thoroughly fucked as its a felony in AZ (iirc)

But, the cop just took what was left my weed and let me go. Im pretty sure he just didn't want to deal with all the extra paperwork involved in booking someone who isnt even from the state.

for posterity

for posterity

The funny thing is, If i would have had one of those joint holders he wouldnt have ever smelled the half smoked joint I had in my trunk!