Ma·ri·jua·na

axtsang

wait what happened? did you get caught at school? or did you get caught up by the po and then they told your school? if so man that sucks, some shit like that happened to my friend and he got kicked out and it was only for cigs. cop was a dick though. so i imagine if its weed it can go either getting suspended or expelled... but you never know hopefully that doesnt happen to you, i think all you need is a firm slap on the wrist.

The popo did this stupid pen test and supposedly my eyes were all googly and my pupils were dilated. I was caught at another campus but the campus police said they're going to notify my school. What are the chances im going to be kicked out, considering the fact that i have the highest test scores in the state and im like one of the top students and all that good shit?

I'm supposed to have a random (in the sense that I don't know exactly what day it's going to happen) drug test in 3 weeks-ish for my job... some new policy BS that my father is instilling a year after I joined his company, after 20 years of being in business. Now that's some bullshit. I haven't decided whether or not I'm going to stop smoking yet. I kinda just want to throw up the middle finger, call it a year...

That is the lamest of lames

How long would it take for THC to get out of my system?

I smoked continuously (stogs+sour diesel, etc.) for 5 days straight during the last week of December while on vacation.

I have a drug test in about a month and another one in May/June. I've heard different answers, ranging from 3 months to 6 months to 4 weeks. Any conclusive info?

The biological half-life of cannabinols/cannabidiols in man is not that long, meaning that if you take a toke from a weak doobie you'd be unlikely to have detectable levels in plasma even a day later.

The big problem is that CBNs (like THC) and other CBDs are lipophilic (fat-loving) and their metabolites tend to accumulate in the body. The metabolites are what drug tests actually target. Meaning, if you are a regular smoker you can have lots of "stored" weed chemical metabolites that will be detected weeks later even if you haven't smoked in a days. Waaay longer than most drug metabolites... Many of these metabolites are not psychoactive, which is precisely why you can still be tested positive even though you're not high.

The short answer; if you're not a regular smoker, then don't worry. If you are a regular, heavy smoker then give up now and you should be undetectable in 4-6 weeks.

^a repworthy response (im out)

How long would it take for THC to get out of my system?

I smoked continuously (stogs+sour diesel, etc.) for 5 days straight during the last week of December while on vacation.

I have a drug test in about a month and another one in May/June. I've heard different answers, ranging from 3 months to 6 months to 4 weeks. Any conclusive info?

3 months is outlandish, way too long. the basic rule of thumb for moderate/heavy weed smokers is about 4 weeks after your last smoke but hardly any longer, if any.

i was smoking every day (still do) and when i had to quit for a bit, i got clean in less than three weeks. ive told my recipe here lots before so ill save it this time. it doesnt sound like youre an avid smoker, so just stop smoking now and i can almost guarantee youll be clean by your test. if not, feel free to neg

No worries man. I'm a post-grad science student but pharmacology is my real love.

Not too sure about the water and cranberry juice. A large number drugs and/or drug metabolites are excreted primarily through the kidneys after being converted to a water-soluble chemical so water is never really going to hurt (but the rate-limit for excretion is never going to be based solely on how much water you're drinking).

I'd be interested to hear what the rationale is for the cranberry juice is though...

we got these shits about a year ago called 'bluntvilles' they come in a pack like your usual blunt wrap, but its got 2 layers of leaf+tobacco-paper, and a cigarillo that looks like a bootleg backwoods. the best value for the $$$, cause you roll 2 els for a buck fifty. and if you need to carry a half-smoked blunt around non-smokers(esp. around work) you can put it in the plastic-foil, heat it with a lighter, and press it together to air-seal it. even my moms can't smell a blunt of kush and i'll be right in the car with her...:D

ey baeyer-drewson, i was randomly talking to my professors about this (random segue from pesticides being lipid soluble) but she said one of her students was hella fat and smoked all the time but stopped for years then finally lost weight and around the time of weight loss had to take a drug test and was positive from the fat breaking down and releasing the THC back into the blood stream... so moral of the story-- don't work out a lot before a drug test? hah

I'd be interested to hear what the rationale is for the cranberry juice is though...

never been positive (im no post grad science student thats for sure) but the tall tale rationale for the cranberry juice is that like pomegranate, spinach, niacin, etc, its antioxidants or whatever its got help to clean out the urinary tract, thus only being beneficial for piss tests (not hair follicle, but thats another beast entirely). id like to hear a definitive answer though as to whether this is just bullshit or actually has some psuedo-scientific backing..

seen the departed when the kids drinking cranberry juice? "you on your period? thats what my old lady drinks when shes on her period.."

never been positive (im no post grad science student thats for sure) but the tall tale rationale for the cranberry juice is that like pomegranate, spinach, niacin, etc, its antioxidants or whatever its got help to clean out the urinary tract, thus only being beneficial for piss tests (not hair follicle, but thats another beast entirely). id like to hear a definitive answer though as to whether this is just bullshit or actually has some psuedo-scientific backing..

seen the departed when the kids drinking cranberry juice? "you on your period? thats what my old lady drinks when shes on her period.."

Cranberry juice is well-known to prevent urinary tract infections. It was long-thought to be due to the acidity of the juice but it actually contains some phenols with known anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties. It has been shown (in several controlled studies) that these phenols prevent E.Coli infection through two proposed mechanisms.

Not sure how this would aid in a piss test though? I'm pretty sure the story has been mixed up somewhere. "If it's good for my UTI it must be good for my drug test today, right?"

I read somewhere that the reason marijuana stays in your system longer than other drugs is because your body doesnt reject it like other drugs, which get out of your system very fast because they are toxic.

marijuana is good for you, your body is telling you :)

Drug tests are bullshit

ey baeyer-drewson' date=' i was randomly talking to my professors about this (random segue from pesticides being lipid soluble) but she said one of her students was hella fat and smoked all the time but stopped for years then finally lost weight and around the time of weight loss had to take a drug test and was positive from the fat breaking down and releasing the THC back into the blood stream... so moral of the story-- don't work out a lot before a drug test? hah[/quote']

Your body burns carbohydrates and proteins before it starts burning stored fats. I think that any rapid weight loss due to exercise or even starvation would trigger the metabolism of the fats and therefore release any stored THC.

I asked one of my athlete friends what they do for physicals, apparently they're told to take a certain shake/cocktail multiple times at least 24 hours prior to eliminate traces of THC found in urine. Not really sure what it is, though for the physicals the doctors must actually witness them pissing into a cup so it must work.

I read somewhere that the reason marijuana stays in your system longer than other drugs is because your body doesnt reject it like other drugs, which get out of your system very fast because they are toxic.

Drug tests are bullshit

thats a good way to put it lol :)

Drug tests are bullshit

i don't understand why people waste millions of dollars on drug tests... what is the point of them really?

im no fan of drug tests by any means, but ben, pull your head out of your ass, theyre to test for illicit drugs, they arent called "weed tests"

to get fired for smoking trees would no doubt be a bullshit bummer, but weed and its effects are far separated from some other drugs, im all about being hedonistic but the difference between being a responsible hedonist and a plain idiot seems to be a fine line at times.

yeah, prejudice against stoners in the workplace is bullshit, if he really cant handle his shit and pull his own weight then it will show in his performance, THEN fire him, but just because he smokes is not enough

but weed is not the same as many other drugs no matter how the dea likes to schedule it, ive seen people get caught up and fall off with other shit so dont go around with this "whats with drug tests" shit, if were a business owner i could see their practicallity

this isnt to say i support laws prohibiting personal drug use, but i do think the boss has the right to determine how he wants to run his company based on the performance of his employees, you cant handle it? get a new job, that simple, but i cant say i support putting drug users in jail unless their drug induced actions have actual, serious real life repercussions

Your body burns carbohydrates and proteins before it starts burning stored fats. I think that any rapid weight loss due to exercise or even starvation would trigger the metabolism of the fats and therefore release any stored THC.

I asked one of my athlete friends what they do for physicals, apparently they're told to take a certain shake/cocktail multiple times at least 24 hours prior to eliminate traces of THC found in urine. Not really sure what it is, though for the physicals the doctors must actually witness them pissing into a cup so it must work.

yeah i know what your talking about some guy i work with does it all the time like there is a window when your supposed to piss like 3 hours or something like that

I read somewhere up here that weed stays in your system longer than other drugs. and also anyone who isn't dumb and would have smoked weed in the past would be aware of his drug test and would look up a way on the internet to pass one. there is really no point at all in drug tests, if the guy was a stoner, it wouldve been obvious when he got interviewed or started working. boss's don't hire an employee and don't look after them. i really still don't see their point, if someone wants to smoke some weed, its his own personal life, leave him the fuck alone. it has nothing to do with the business.

edit: and quite honestly, out of all people who get tested, how many don't pass? i'm sure it's a small fraction, which means that they are spending millions of dollars to say that a few people smoke weed.

^^ You're fine man. If all they did was a field sobriety test of some sort and you weren't driving or anything I'd say there's no chance they could pull any sort of shti on you. The old mantra apllies here; Deny, Deny, Deny, Deny.

1 2 3 4 fif. I work with some police officers and they said you can tell if someone is under the influence of MJ by a field sobriety test because of the eye movement such as being under the influence of alcohol.

1 2 3 4 fif. I work with some police officers and they said you can tell if someone is under the influence of MJ by a field sobriety test because of the eye movement such as being under the influence of alcohol.
i have to assume it has something to do with your ability to focus. you can get past that on pot fairly easily... i got pulled over a few months ago high as fuck and the cop didn't say anything to me about weed. he gave me a ticket...fucker...but he didn't question my sobriety

i got one of these once, had me stand straight, look at the sky with my eyes closes, shined some stupid light in at me (couldnt see all he was doing after my eyes closed obviously), pig said i was "stoned out of my gourd" a million times while getting real aggressive and mad for whatever reason.. i was the one getting fucked after all..

I think that for some jobs drug tests are a good idea like if your a commercial pilot or something but for some jobs I think their arent really necessary. Shouldnt the reason for drug test be that your not on drugs while your doing your job. Why would smoking dope on the weekends or after work affect your performance at work, it doesnt. Most people drink alcohol but they wouldnt go to work drunk as fuck because that would be dumb, and theirs no alcohol tests, blablabla.

You guys should watch this good documentary about weed, its called union.

Go to 1:18:50, they talk about drug testing and how its a huge industry.

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=-6594320551222952318&ei=wLdJSZ6JFoSa-wGZgZ28Cg&q=union&dur=3