LVC Fall 2007 US Collection

Crackerhead

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the pics - some neat stuff. Who the hell sells these here in the States - apparently, Levi's doesn't? Levi's online store(s) only offers their standard shopping mall third world sweatshop jeans and their LVC look like shredded rags and cost a fortune. It seems like the only place you can buy quality made in the USA LVC is from some remote retailers in the EU and Asia. If you're lucky to find an honest one who's not selling knockoffs, you're going to spend a fortune for the markup, taxes, exchange rate and shipping. I can't understand why Levi's bothers to market such great products then turn right around and make it almost impossible for their loyal U.S.customers to buy them. It's no wonder Levi's is losing market share to the designer Japanese knock-off labels.

I emailed Levi Strauss w/the following questions about the '07 Fall LVC:

When is the collection going to be released for sale? Will the entire collection be available at the Levi's online store? Will the Vault 1873 501 deadstock, 1933 501 d.s. and '47 501 d.s. be offered in size 32x33? I also asked them to give any additional info. about how I can go about purchaing these unique products ? Here's their response:

"Thanks for taking the time to contact us at Levi Strauss &Co.

The Levi's® Vintage Clothing Line was released on the 1st of August. All three of the styles you've mention will actually be a shrink -to-fit, so you will want to go 1" bigger in the waist and length.

Unfortunately, the entire Levi's® Vintage Clothing Collection might not be offered through the www.levisstore.com website. Currently only the 1947 501® jean is offered online out of the 3 styles you are seeking. We recommend checking online every 2 weeks to check for new style updates.

The following are the style numbers for the garments you are seeking in the Color Deadstock.

Vault 1863 501® Jean (We don't offer a "Vault 1873 501®)

Product number: 73501-0001

1947 501® Jean

Product number: 47501-9124

1933 501® Jean

Product number: 33501-0213

If you still have questions, please call us at 1-800-USA-LEVI. We're available Monday-Friday, 6:00 am -4:30pm Pacific Time

Marco

Levi Strauss & Co.

marsur3226034"

Okay, they said the '07 LVC was released on Aug1st, but they didn't bother to tell me where I can purchase them, after making it very clear that 'the entire collection might not be offered through the Levi's online store.' WTF? It appears that the Levis online store only offers after market LVC leftovers - hell the '47 rigid 501 that they do offer isn't even made in the USA - its marked as imported and is limited to only a few sizes. Then they tell me they don't offer a 1873 501 and offer a 1863 instead yet the 1863 product # they provide begins with a "73..." ??? I guess if you live outside a major urban are like NYC or L.A., you'll have to buy LVC through some secondary market like Ebay from some dude named Raul in Singapore for $800 a pair and hope they're not fake or some retailer in the U.K. for a billion Pound Sterling! WTFK ? I'm going to call Levi's 1st thing Monday and try to get some straight answers about their seemingly phantom LVC products. I'll post any useful info.

Unfortunately, Levi isn't too good with providing accurate information either on it's website or from customer service reps via email.

1. I'm almost 100% positive that if you ordered a pair of deadstock '47s from the website they would be the exact same ones sold in stores across the globe (ie, Made in the USA, etc.) I've even looked a specific items on that website on different occasions, and one time it will tell me the country of origin is the USA and another it will say "imported."

2. I've spoken to both the flagship Levi store in San Fran and another LVC retailer on the East Coast and they both told me that they aren't expecting the Fall collection until closer to the end of August.

Hope this helps.

PS - the closest you'll get to the size you asked about will probably be 32*34

I called the Levi's 1-800-USA-LEVI # and found out that the fall '07 LVC initial release date was Aug 1st but not all Levi stores and retailers have received yet. The 3 jeans I'm interested in are available as follows:

1863 501 rigid #73501-001 is only available at Barney's in NYC at this time. Levi's flagship stores in SF, NYC and elsewhere have not received yet.

1933 501 rigid #33501-0213 is only available at What Go's Around Comes Around in NYC. Levi's stores in SF, NYC and elsewhere have not received yet.

1947 501 rigid #47501-9124 is available at Levi store inNYC, Barney's and What Go's Around Comes Around.

The guy I spoke w/said that every Levi's store in the U.S. and participating retailers will eventually carry the entire collection as the season progresses - just too early for all stores to receive from manufacturer (Shorty Long was right). For those without a Levi store in their area or retailer that carries LVC, you can call Levi's @ 1-866-860-8907, order whatever you want and they'll ship it to you. Also said Levi's online store is a separate Levi's division and is not sure what they will or will not carry.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to the denim experts on this board, I found out about LVC. Now that I can cop a pair, I'm hoping one of you guys can fill me in on sizing. My actual size is 31"-30" waist x 30" length. With est. shrinkage of 2" in the waist and 3" in length listed on LVC label, a 32x32 would be an inch too short after washing while the 32x34 would end up an inch too long. Would I have any chance at getting the 32x34 to shrink a full 4" in length for a perfect fit or a better chance getting the 32x32 to shrink a min. of 2" in length for the perfect fit? Thanks for any help on this.

It's been about 30 years since I last bought a pair of Levi's rigid STF selvage denim jeans, so thanks for the info. I was thinking the same -- better a little long than too short. Anyway, I'm going to buy both 32x32 and 32x34 sizes in the '63, '33 and '47 501's and try different shrinking process to see what works best. I'll post results of the different shrink levels for each style and size.

I know that, in the past when it's been called for, Levi has used natural indigo in their LVC denim, but I don't know for certain if they have continued for this year. My guess is yes, especially since their new "eco" line uses natural indigo.

I am wondering if the 1873 repros use natural indigo(I believe the originals use natural indigo)? If so, what kind of indigo would they use, woad, ai, or something else? Hope someone shed some light on this.

Yes, the 1873's are natural indigo for sure. I had the opprotunity to meet a few LVC designers, they told me it took nearly half a year for the loom house in Japan to get the fabric right, and consistent enough for a run of 501 pair.

• 2 weeks later...
Some of those early "Lady's Levi's" repo's should have PINK selvedge if I'm not mistaken.

Actually, the Lady Levi's Vault 501 has a yellow selvage denim. I got to check it out in the Flagship store last week. I had also met with the Levi's historian, Lynn Downey, earlier that day, and she told me that the pre-war Lady Levi's would have a yellow selvage.

so fall 07 hit levis stores?

The SF store has the 1873 501 deadstock. After I found out the price, I didn't bother to ask about the other styles that I wanted and just ordered one pair of '73's. Now I know why you seemed surprised in post #47 at my plan to buy 2 pair each of the 3 styles I originally wanted -- yeah, some pricey threads. I should get them w/in 3 days. FWIW, I'll post a review about what I think of them once I receive.

At Ubiq on Walnut in Philly, they have the new F/W 07 '47 LVC. They've had them for a while now and you can even order them online from their website.

Unlike previous LVC editions, these do seem to be tagged correctly and cut a little fuller. Compared to the '06, this years 47s seem to be an inch wider in the waist and at least a half inch wider through the thighs and knees. So if you are buying these, make sure you try them on first if you can because the cut is a little different.