Vintage Nike

mint

kinda dumb...you can get the OGs for cheaper.

What....? You havin' a laugh? You tell me where I can pick up an OG pair of daybreaks in tan/orange in UK10 for under £60 and I'll get you a pair for the effort.

I like that nike is doing this. WAY cooler than some stupid pair of ugly fuzzy themed dunks in bad colors.

Guest jmatsu
Yeah I'll try to stop by but it's so fucking out of the way. I'll call tomorrow. They sure look just like the ones on the Nike website.

i know that the cdg waffle racer started years ago. i think the newest once made resembled the original nike ones, but that was a little while ago.

Guest jmatsu
Knock off vintage? no thanks.

i really don't get this statement. how are they knock offs? i mean it's just nike doing another run with better factory technology. by your logic i guess every single retroed jordan is a knock off as well. shit is made much better today. the only reason people probably wear certian vintage nike is because that shit hasn't been retroed.

Why would you buy a brand new shoe that looks like its been in your garage for 10 years? Does it bring back memories at all? A true vintage collector buys og shoes for the feeling and uniqueness not a imitation shoes where nike is trying to make a quick buck once again.

O and by the way I dislike Jordan.

there are a lot of vintage nikes on ebay, you just need to know the seller. i can tell you one that has a generally good selection. but for a "normal dude" like you,mike, the reissue makes more sense.

"normal dude" wtf is that supposed to mean? I kid I kid :D

Yeah I mean unless you're a collector I don't see much difference. And racers like that might be made much better now. The old ones will most likely have fucked up soles and if they've been used for running they might not hold up much longer. We're talking about shoes from late 70s.

normal dude as in you don't masturbate while reading niketalk.

seriously, believe it or not, nike's QC has gotten better. yes, even on jordans with the overglue. i look at my early 90s stuff and it's embarassingly bad quality.

Guest jmatsu
Why would you buy a brand new shoe that looks like its been in your garage for 10 years? Does it bring back memories at all? A true vintage collector buys og shoes for the feeling and uniqueness not a imitation shoes where nike is trying to make a quick buck once again.

O and by the way I dislike Jordan.

well you used the term "knockoff." if the foam hasn't rotted and if a particular model's silouette hasn't significanlty changed, i could understand getting a vintage pair, but other than those factors, what's the point?