Team DMZ

Guest jmatsu

Not that I didnt think you'd be into VHS or Beta, its just that your presence is very strong in the electronic music thread, that's all. I wasn't pigeon-holing you.

the thing about vhs vs. beta is that they've been through alot of changes.

i heard they were al emo before they released "le funk."

le funk sound all disco house with guitar solos. then came night on fire, which sounded new wave with disco bass lines. i'll probably get the new one even though hommehomme said it's not too good.

if you're into indie and shit, upload me a copy of voxtrot, if you've got it. please. dear leader.

not so much me, but do you ever notice how people at an indie show/punk show in america are always extra nice to asians? why?

wasn't there an older ska label run by a korean-american that was in fucking skankin pickle?

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jmatsu
I don't read GR but they are really successful. A hundred other asian american magazines have tried and failed during their reign

i would say that interview is probably one of the only asian-american mags that i care to read.

not so much me, but do you ever notice how people at an indie show/punk show in america are always extra nice to asians? why?
Because asians are fragile. But then again, they might unleash some crazy martial arts action at the drop of a hat. They don't know which type of asian they're dealing with so they leave that shit alone, just to be safe.

Guest jmatsu
Interview is Asian? Or is there more than 1 Interview mag? I thought that was started by Andy Warhol or something. One of my ex's was in the mag quite a bit for editorials.

my bad. i might be getting the acutal title mixed up, but isn't there some magazine that exclusively interviews asians? wasn't nigo on the cover like a year ago? i can't remember!

Guest jmatsu
Yeah that's the same magazine. I don't think its asian though, as Nigo is probably the only asian person thats been on the cover of Interview.

yeah maybe i'm getting shit mixed up. i'm sure there is some mag thats regularly sold at vendors like barnes and borders that exclusively interviews asians...

Guest jmatsu

i read gr for a little bit because my friend, freshman year of college, got me into it. i still think it's ok; better than nothing!

edit: never heard any of voxtrot's music. only their name.

donger, did you ever read my article?

i don't know how good voxtrot is, cause i never heard em. they're supposed to be bomb. indie shit or whatever the fuck they call their music.

donger, did you ever read my article?

i don't know how good voxtrot is, cause i never heard em. they're supposed to be bomb. indie shit or whatever the fuck they call their music.

Sorry I can't help you out on the Voxtrot. I just listen to shit on Myspace, can't be bothered to upload and download, etc. I'm not that media savvy.

Guest jmatsu
So whats the deal for tonite? You going all out? Is Robi joining? What are you wearing?

yeah.

robi and i usually just kick it at the office. hes usually busy with his bitch.

a jap client is taking me. honestly, i'm trying not to get my hopes up. we'll probably start at a jap bar first then end up at the korean one. the korean one is 24hrs if you spend enough money...apparently. i hear it's not exclusively korean girls though. it's owned by koreans, theres an exclusive korean wait staff, a japanese sushi bar inside, yet there are girls of all ethnicities (but i'll probably just "go all out" for the koreans this time).

btw. maybe i'm just biased, but the wong kar fits good! thanks again.

http://www.asianmanrecords.com/

i don't think i've been treated any better at shows. i was always the token asian.

i read gr for a little bit because my friend, freshman year of college, got me into it. i still think it's ok; better than nothing!

edit: never heard any of voxtrot's music. only their name.

I don't listen to rock but I accidentally (heh) stole Korea Girl CD from my school radio station. It kicks a lot of ass, at least 3 songs are top notch

damn i feel good right now. drank 4 bottles of soju with my parents at some sang gyup sal restrauant and im feeelin warm...and my parents are proud of my drinking ability and said i am ready for the real world. woot woot

the one next to Bruce Lee salon? On el camino

insomniac we welcome sarcasm with open arms, but, as you well know, it is quite difficult to detect over the internet. Btw, I really like your grey walls. Sarcasm?

San Jose contingent how's the Korean food in sj? Bay area k-food is the pits, only been to one place in SF semi-decent. The rest I wouldn't even feed to my jin-doh-geh.

tarmac I think you're pretty close to earning dmz stripes, just need approval from another member. (Even though you shit on supras, but its all good in the dong-neh.)

raekwon there are no set guidelines for membership, as each applicant is considered on an individual basis. If you are interested in joining, the powers that be (the "comité") will consider your worthiness, and get back to you (if you are lucky).

fyi, your n00b status is certainly detrimental to your case, however, you do have two things working strongly in your favor: 1) Of all the young blacks that have joined recently, you are among my favorite and 2) your SN has "kwon" in it, which actually sounds Korean, so way to go! In addition, we certainly need to beef-up our street division, and you seem to have that area on lockdown (being from the slums and all.) The comité shall contact you with any further info re: your applicancy.

gaydream your efforts were quite commendable. However, I still do not known how much worth you will have to our organization (and your amazing nickname will only be funny for so long.) Please give the comité one more reason to approve your membership, perhaps in the form of a WAYWT chat edition. Thank you.

the one next to Bruce Lee salon? On el camino

i went to the sang gyup sal jib on saratoga avenue by that big chinese market right off 280 exit. we always go there and now we became dangols at that place. really good stuff there but if we want kalbi and shit, we usually go to palace bbq buffet on el camino. that shit is bomb so you should check that place out sleazie if you already haven't been.

San Jose contingent how's the Korean food in sj? Bay area k-food is the pits, only been to one place in SF semi-decent. The rest I wouldn't even feed to my jin-doh-geh.

QUOTE]

LA Korean food wins hands down. No doubt. Even the food here in the motherland can't compare.