Why is arabic and terrorism trendy now?

jake snake

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jmatsu
Riddle me this batman: I saw a hoodie embroidered with the hamas logo and a bunch of hypebeast shit with arabic screenprinted onto it. Why is this supposed to be cool?

it's not even trendy anymore. it got semi big when ndg still had a nike account.

pogi, you're a liar. i have never made that claim. stomping on your gimp leg would be way cooler.

i want to punch people in the face that think wearing a shirt that looks like some Hezbollah propaganda is cool.

You don't see people in the middle east walking around wearing "BUSH/CHENEY 2004" t-shirts cause they think it's hip.

i want to punch people in the face that think wearing a shirt that looks like some Hezbollah propaganda is cool.

You don't see people in the middle east walking around wearing "BUSH/CHENEY 2004" t-shirts cause they think it's hip.

I'd pay to see that though, especially if they burned an american flag. Sincerely I think that using arabic characters may be a healthy reaction of attraction to a culture (actually a bunch of them) that get reviled by a large part of our intellectuals and dreamakers. Wearing pro-violent groups shirts is kinda stupid though...

Wearing pro-violent groups shirts is kinda stupid though...

except if you understand the ramifications of promoting such groups via your clothing,

which most people don't. i wouldn't fault someone if they wore what they were wearing intentionally and without irony, even if i disagreed with them.

Guest jmatsu
jmatsu has big thighs and i think i see some lovehandles up there, whats up cutie ;)

i kinda remember you. you're the guy who couldn't speak well.

arabic or whatever ... very beautiful typography... something like that

people do it because it's aesthetically pleasin' , maybe because they want to make a statement.. but that's a stretch

seems the same to me as the fascination with katakana, russian, etc that has come and gone already

im with diamonds on that alphabet simply looking fucking wicked.

also, its funny that people want to talk about propaganda yet they equate the arabic alphabet with terrorism. thats simply retarded. its the written language of a large part of the worlds population. it in no way relates to terrorism if your head isnt up your ass.

and every cultures alphabet gets sucked into western visual culture at some point. tonnes of crackers have chinese/japanese script tatooed on them. i dont see how this is any different.

as for imagery of viokent political groups, im all for that too if you know what your promoting. everyone should be free to express who they are alligned with politcally and clothes are an easy medium to just that. and i dont see it as much different than wearing a conferate flag logo. or skinheads wearing nazi garb. it might suck a little to know that theres some extremists around, but its not a huge issue.

im with diamonds on that alphabet simply looking fucking wicked.

also, its funny that people want to talk about propaganda yet they equate the arabic alphabet with terrorism. thats simply retarded. its the written language of a large part of the worlds population. it in no way relates to terrorism if your head isnt up your ass.

and every cultures alphabet gets sucked into western visual culture at some point. tonnes of crackers have chinese/japanese script tatooed on them. i dont see how this is any different.

as for imagery of viokent political groups, im all for that too if you know what your promoting. everyone should be free to express who they are alligned with politcally and clothes are an easy medium to just that. and i dont see it as much different than wearing a conferate flag logo. or skinheads wearing nazi garb. it might suck a little to know that theres some extremists around, but its not a huge issue.

Hezbollah is a terrorist group, and I've seen the hamas symbol plastered onto shit. having random arabic text just looks kind of american to me - just like when japanese people wear t shirts with random english phrases on them - http://engrish.com goes both ways brahs

pogi, you're a liar. i have never made that claim. stomping on your gimp leg would be way cooler.

Don't take things literally, isn't your tee Arab or at least close to Arab?

If I stomp on your legs will that make you look proportional?

Guest jmatsu

you are one of the biggest morons on the board. how is the tee's graphic even "Arab or at least close to arab." i don't see arabic. the colors of the graphic would probably be banned in most middle eastern countries.

if i sledghammered your mutant face, would that make you look human?

...nah i doubt it.

henrik vibskov is from denmark, and that shirt looks like nothing arabic. way to live up to your signature idiot.

hamas is a terrorist group, and I've seen the hamas symbol plastered onto shit. having random arabic text just looks kind of american to me - just like when japanese people wear t shirts with random english phrases on them - http://engrish.com goes both ways brahs

hamas isnt exactly a terrorist group. they are the democratically elected governing body of palestine. they use untraditional methods of combat because they are basically hated by most of the world because our news makes us call them terrorists when we barely understand the complexity of their issues and struggle.

i would wear a hamas t shirt. you shouldnt.

Riddle me this batman: I saw a hoodie embroidered with the hamas logo and a bunch of hypebeast shit with arabic screenprinted onto it. Why is this supposed to be cool?

Why does it bother you? Your an idiot. Hamas is the majority political party in palestein. Its not a fucking terrorist group. Arabic writing doesnt mean "I support terrorism'.

Your a ignorant redneck piece of shit, and a bloody racist if a fucking language bothers you. Your post is stupid, its the same thing as a hoodie with chinese symbols on it. Some people like it, some do not. So fuck off.