Post some "Next level" shit.

theLorax

if all guns were outlawed, people could only kill from a distance with throwing knives/tomahawks. many innocent deaths could be prevented. but hey, i'm just a communist hippie that plays too much black ops.

I can't really tell if you're being serious

That's the dumbest thing I've ever read.

They would be using bows and crossbows.

Not so fast, if you check the first incidence on the list of deadly US campus shootings, you'll see that tomahawks were indeed the preferred killing device absent guns.

clearly the only solution to end school violence is to close down all schools forever and to give everyone a gun ala Basil Marceaux

Not so fast, if you check the first incidence on the list of deadly US campus shootings, you'll see that tomahawks were indeed the preferred killing device absent guns.

clearly the only solution to end school violence is to close down all schools forever and to give everyone a gun ala Basil Marceaux

that list is some depressing shit to read.

But you really can only do violent things with a gun.

stop being an idiot. a gun is made for protecting yourself. if that means wounding or killing a dude trying to kill you, so be it.

The fact that you are alive at all? You are taking up someone's air. You are eating the food that could go to starving people. Your parents are making money that could go to another family to pay for YOUR education. Everything you do is at the expense of others, which is why you should value what you have all the more, and thusly be interested in protecting it.

I am not going to get into an ethical argument based on idealism - I am just telling you to grow up, educate yourself, and stop paraphrasing bullshit from rurouni kenshin.

Let me close with some quotes from Jeff Cooper(thanks Astrowolf)

"One bleeding-heart type asked me in a recent interview if I did not agree that ‘violence begets violence.’ I told him that it is my earnest endeavor to see that it does. I would like very much to ensure—and in some cases I have—that any man who offers violence to his fellow citizen begets a whole lot more in return than he can enjoy."

"The media insist that crime is the major concern of the American public today. In this connection they generally push the point that a disarmed society would be a crime-free society. They will not accept the truth that if you take all the guns off the street you still will have a crime problem, whereas if you take the criminals off the street you cannot have a gun problem."

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician."

China pledged on Friday to halt use of leather protein in food production, saying the potentially harmful substance was being added to some products in the country's latest concern over safety.

http://www.canada.com/health/China+targets+leather+protein+food+concern/4308777/story.html

lol wtf next level recycling

No, a gun is made for shooting a projectile through the air. What happens as a result of that rests entirely on the individual who decided to use it. Besides, restricting legal gun ownership or even prohibiting it (what it sounds like you're arguing for) merely disarms citizens who are responsible enough to own them (based on a certain set of criteria). It doesn't take guns out of criminals hands because they are obtaining them illegally anyway for the most part. To be overly simplistic: you create an environment where people are entirely dependent on a police system that cannot possibly protect all people at all times.

Also, I'm sure there have been many instances where the presence of a gun has been enough to deter a criminal from injuring an individual or his/her family without a single shot fired.

I wasn't really trying to get in an arms debate with you, just contesting that analogy.

Still not sure what you can do with a gun apart from break/hurt/kill stuff or threaten to do so. Begin a race I guess...

edit: Shoot people's hats off like the man with no name!!!