Fuckin Macbook ..

notesee

So on top of my external hard drive crashing a couple months back, my Macbook charger fried itself the other day.

The wire is all black and brown now, doesn't work at all. I read on apple.com that they had to pay for a new one and that even on warranty Apple wouldn't replace it .. gonna head down to the store on Thursday and see what the deal is.

I haven't been pleased with my Apple products lately.

The charger and battery on both my and previous current powerbook constantly fry themsleves. I think it's an issue a lot of apple laptop owners have.

Yeah .. I couldn't believe how much money it is to replace it too.

$80 for another flimsy charger that'll probably fry itself .. talk about Steve Jobs the scam artist .. and arsonist.

they should replace it no problem. the older magsafe cords had problems. if you look at a newer one now the rubber near the plug is thicker. i don't know how you unplug it but it's probably safer to wiggle the plug upwards or downwards instead of pulling the cord and fighting the magnet.

You shouldn't have a problem returning the charger especially if its within a year of purchase. The problem with the chargers has supposedly been fixed now, and I've watched people bring in fried chargers and simply be given a new one in exchange. Under no circumstances should you have to pay for another one so no worries.

USE PC

USE IE

who still uses mac anyways..

you obviously have never experienced the horrors of windows... or ibm pc for that matter.

mac is old-school, but it does it's job better than these so-called "PCs."

You shouldn't have a problem returning the charger especially if its within a year of purchase. The problem with the chargers has supposedly been fixed now, and I've watched people bring in fried chargers and simply be given a new one in exchange. Under no circumstances should you have to pay for another one so no worries.

yea the apple store is great. they fix it no problems asked. im often amazed by how generous they are. a repair like that with dell would take a year and a half.

you obviously have never experienced the horrors of windows... or ibm pc for that matter.

mac is old-school, but it does it's job better than these so-called "PCs."

I was obviously joking, I just find the usual WTF YOURE USING A PC?? style maccers quite funny. I've never had serious issues with my PC nor windows, thats why I'm using it. on the other hand some of the people I know who use macs have had occasional issues, more than I have.

isn't pc the oldschool one nowadays? ;)

just bring it to an Apple store, it'll replace it really quick... apple techs @ the store wouldnt want potential buyers to see anything wrong with their products...

I was obviously joking, I just find the usual WTF YOURE USING A PC?? style maccers quite funny. I've never had serious issues with my PC nor windows, thats why I'm using it. on the other hand some of the people I know who use macs have had occasional issues, more than I have.

isn't pc the oldschool one nowadays? ;)

pc = '81

apple ii = '77

I got the charger replaced through my school with no problems, the laptop was issued through my university since it's mandatory for our graphic design program.

glad to hear that. i've read that they've been having power/heat issues with macbooks. some of that, i believe, you were able to help by updating your software.

but word to the wise: always back everything up.

hard drives die. computers die. everything dies. it's a fact.

Also, here's a tip that every laptop owner should do. When you are plugged in, take out your battery. Leaving in your battery will fry it and short out your laptop. I did this when I got my new chassis and I haven't had a problem.

hi weird,

this used to be true, but nowadays most computers only charge battery if necessary, and it cut it off and go to power only otherwise, with battery backup.

Also, here's a tip that every laptop owner should do. When you are plugged in, take out your battery. Leaving in your battery will fry it and short out your laptop. I did this when I got my new chassis and I haven't had a problem.

macbook / macbook pro users - don't do this. there is no reason. the battery won't charge when it's plugged in if it's already over 95% charged so don't worry about it over charging and degrading battery life. plus, the processors clock down if the battery is not inserted.

i just had an argument about this with somebody on another forum and finally found this apple support document before he would acknowledge that i was knowlegable enough and not spreading bs.

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=305336

i've been using macbooks and powerbooks, both at work and at home, for years -- and they're always plugged in WITH the battery in. and knock-on-wood, i've never had a power problem. the only problem i've had was having a hard drive die on me.

i think when it comes to heat, you just want to be sensible and place your machine in places where it doesn't help the machine fry -- meaning avoid leaving them on your bed covered in a mattress or something.

years ago before the flatscreens, people used to fry their monitors because they covered the vent-holes with stacks of papers.

often, it's simple things that are fueling your problems.