Denim for Spring 2006

Guest DenimBar1

Unfortunately, most JP brands won't ship to the US, unless you have a PERSONAL relationship with them (why Union gets Neighborhood, and Recon gets (w)taps. PLUS, if you do end up linking with JP denim, you WILL have to pay some pretty CRAZY shipping, which you will have to add to your retail price ( expect like $40 per pair markup for shipping alone on EACH piece, PLUS as denim is cotton rich, you are going to pay even more).

I'd suggest to you realistically:

5ep

Z-Brand is looking really nice lately (denim and non-denim).

Jeans Shop (if you can get them, maybe through Lucky, as they are the ones responsible for the Jeans Shop).

APC

Try and track down Atelier LaDurance, I don't think ANYONE in the US is carrying them yet.

Edited by Blanc0 on Jul 2, 2005 at 06:53 PM

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DenimBar1

Thanks I will try that. I hear you with the tax . I think it's a little different if it's a garment compared to just a bolt of fabric.

Atelier LaDurance ? I will give them a look up do they have a web site?

Quote: Jeans Shop (if you can get them, maybe through Lucky, as they are the ones responsible for the Jeans Shop).

Didn't know that...had totally thought it was an independent operation (although there's obviously money behind it given their location so this totally makes sense). Do you know if they're planning to distribute widely or just through their own outlets?

• 2 months later...

I know this is a little off topic but I thought that because of copywrite laws most Japanese brands could not be sold in the US. Such as, how most have the red tab and what not, it would infringe in the Levis trademarks. Or maybe I am misinformed?

Quote:

I will post here on all arrivals, even before sending out emails to the mailing list.

whether it is Nudie, ALD, Rogan,

hey Adsurgo

I am the taller guy, the Japanse guy is K-D.

cheers

R

--- Original message by Richard on Sep 29, 2005 06:58 PM

youre american or european i am assuming?

Edited by adsurgo on Sep 29, 2005 at 07:01 PM

Quote:

I know this is a little off topic but I thought that because of copywrite laws most Japanese brands could not be sold in the US. Such as, how most have the red tab and what not, it would infringe in the Levis trademarks. Or maybe I am misinformed?

--- Original message by Ahlvahroe on Sep 29, 2005 06:46 PM

No you’re right about Japan being exempt from the Levi’s copyright. On numerous occasions Levi’s has cited copyright infringement on imported jeans with red tabs, forcing customs to order them removed. For example, the Sugarcanes on historypreservation.com have no red-tabs.

That's not true i have two pairs from history pres and they both have red tabs.

Yeah, I saw the History Preservation ones and they didnt have the tab on the picture, then I saw these, http://www.rakuten.co.jp/hinoya/119706/256094/132077 and they did, so I wasnt sure what to think. I just thought that because they sold in the US they were forced to remove the infractions.

Quote:

JDavis, did you order s-cane from hist pres and they didn't have a red tab? Are you sure? If so, try looking harder, some are more tucked under.

Edited by spitzbrg on Sep 29, 2005 at 08:07 PM

--- Original message by spitzbrg on Sep 29, 2005 08:03 PM

No, I haven't ordered anything from them. I'm familiar enough with the site though.

Unless I'm mistaken, the pictures and lengthy item description are missing any mention of a 'replica red tab'. Perhaps the tab was removed for online publishing purposes, probably to lessen the chances of some kind of conflict with Levi's. I wonder if they know?

vey interesting.....

Quote:

Verb

I have spoken to them already and am working out an order.

What is it that you like from them?

Cheers

R

--- Original message by Richard on Sep 30, 2005 10:30 AM

I'm trying to get a pair of California's shipped to the United States, could you shoot me a PM on here with the contact address you're using?

hey all

i'm in the works of completing my own denim line called sling and stone. The denim will be 13.75 oz 100% organic pima cotton japanese selvedge for womens only. Just wondering if anyone has feed back before i show them at majic.

thanks

stripes

the sweat drip down my.......