militant/radical black leaders with style

mizanation

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sayword, i have an interest in history in general. i don't think i know a lot about black people, i just think that in general, black american history is generally neglected, misrepresented or minimalized in this country.

A-fucking-men.

Kenyatta had a good style sense for tricking white folks:

kenyatta.jpg

yes. but DNA evidence now proves that the ancient phoenicians (i.e. pre-crusades, pre-arab conquest, pre-turkish invasion) of what is now lebanon, descended from the ancient egyptians. who were black.

This doesn't prove anything. DNA evidence proves that my family were Cherokee Indians 150 years ago, but somewhere in there, mixing occured and I came out as white as they come.

Basing an argument explaining a man's color on what his descendants descendants looked like is absolutely absurd.

No matter what side you take in this argument, you will find that more often than not, the most educated scholar's opinion on the subject falls more in line with the notion that by today's standards he would have been considered of "mixed race," possibly with african facial features, but a lighter skin tone, for instance.

On a side note, you're pitching the same argument onto the Egyptians. It is a testy subject to try to classify people simply by "black" and "white" in the first place. The only truly black people that were in Egypt at that time were Nubians.

http://www.catchpenny.org/race.html

yeah, mixing does occur. but ancient phoenicians most likely had what we consider "black" features. today's lebanese are, genetically, mostly a mix of arab, european and turkish, with a touch of phoenician. hannibal lived before all the mixing happened and is generally accepted as coming from phoenician descent.

you are right, if you go back 150 years, your ancestors looked like cherokee indians.

if you go back 2,000 years, hannibal would have passed today for a light skinned black dude.

of course, race is a made up construct, so all this arguing is kinda stupid. but fun, nonetheless.

This doesn't prove anything. DNA evidence proves that my family were Cherokee Indians 150 years ago, but somewhere in there, mixing occured and I came out as white as they come.

Basing an argument explaining a man's color on what his descendants descendants looked like is absolutely absurd.

No matter what side you take in this argument, you will find that more often than not, the most educated scholar's opinion on the subject falls more in line with the notion that by today's standards he would have been considered of "mixed race," possibly with african facial features, but a lighter skin tone, for instance.

On a side note, you're pitching the same argument onto the Egyptians. It is a testy subject to try to classify people simply by "black" and "white" in the first place. The only truly black people that were in Egypt at that time were Nubians.

http://www.catchpenny.org/race.html