Hidehiko Yamane Hong Kong

Paulo

Found out about this store when i searched for jean shops in hong kong, It was meant to be near take5. However on the first day i got lost and stumbled into this well hidden store.

There are now two Yamane stores in hong kong. This is near times square. I will get the address posted later. I dont know that much about jeans so if you want to know anything about these tell me what to ask them as ill be going back a few times. You can get plain back jeans or ones with things painted on them. There is a colour choice and a few designs. All the tags say that these are being designed in paris but made in hong kong.

Ill try to get better pictures. These were taken instore and late at night. Store has ppoor lighting too. BTW price wise these range form $780HKD to $880 for the normal plain/pre painted stuff. To paint it costs $100HKD per colour. There are also better denim that costs abit more.

http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/5126/cimg2931dl4.jpg

http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/5953/cimg2932fd3.jpg

http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/3328/cimg3147hi9.jpg

Ok,

Ill try to find out tomorrow when i go instore. I will speak to the nice girl there about shipping. I will also post better pictures of the jeans im buying. Im getting a couple of pairs and so is my gf so we should have plenty to show.

Also been to take5 which is really nice. Might get some evisu jeans from them. Just a note if your planning on buying evisu from take5 and you want te japan hand painted logos they might have to order your size. Im a 31-32 and they only have one pair instore thats my size.

Anyways tomorrow ill picture up the yamane store for you guys.

Ok,

Sorry no shipping anywhere. At worst you could try talking to take5. They are about 2mins away from a store but im sure they would charge something on top...

Ill take pictures on the 4th when we pick up our jeans. We got 2 pairs each and the total was 3630HKD. So not that bad price. Just have to see if they turn out nice now.

cimg3332nn3.th.jpg

cimg3333de9.th.jpg

cimg3341vs3.th.jpg

cimg3343nu6.th.jpg

cimg3350kd5.th.jpg

Again sorry not great pictures. Also yes they do some pretty rude tshirts... lol

my girlfriend just got a job in a department store in japan whilst shes back for summer.. i think her job is literally making sure everything looks 'just right' (aswell as cashier etc.).. they probably just employ someone at the yamane store who is a 24/7 t-shirt-folder-upper

hey i'm in hk right now and checking out all stores here in hk and it would be a lot easier for me if you guys can tell me the exact address of both yamane stores here like street number and stuff! thanks a bunch guys! the store sounds really cool

hey i'm in hk right now and checking out all stores here in hk and it would be a lot easier for me if you guys can tell me the exact address of both yamane stores here like street number and stuff! thanks a bunch guys! the store sounds really cool

The yamane store is 254 Gloucester Road, Elizabeth House, tel: 2574-0893 is the one in cosway bay. The best way to get there is to go to time square and then using the map bellow find the best way up. The easiest way to find it is find the cosway bay plaza 2 (the one with mc ds on street lvl). and then from there gloucester road is is about 1mins away and its next to the store. Everyone is very nice instore. If you spend over 1500HKD you get free alterations.

EDIT: take5 address is at the end of Granville Road on kowloon side. Its off Nathan road.

Get your self a map from hong kong the FREE one from hotels and at the airport. One of them (at least one we have i just went to the counter to get one and its not got it) a advert for take5 store. Its accross in kowloon and the best way to get there is to take the star ferry and then either walk up nathan road till you reach Granville road. Yamane is on a second story so is take 5. However take 5 is right at the end of the street and the entrance is just a door way leading up with a poster on the inside. Watch out the door has a bell you need to press so dont think its closed!!!

Yeah the tshirts were in glass case. However the store is always empty when we go there and its allways looking nice. I think we spoke to the nice girl with the long hair at the one near take5.

Can someone give me the link to the other yamane thread because i cant seem to find it.

Thanks

im going to hk next month. what other shops for denim are there in hk? address and phone numbers would be a big help. thanks

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=14147 - overall

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=30479

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=14260 - take5

for you, Paulo: http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=14662 - Yamane thread

all accessible through the tags cloud underneath the superdenim thread list

can someone try to post more detailed pics of teh higher end yamane line, i dont know much about either but i want to see what i am missing out on and if i made a good choice on the lower end ones. also the smiley faces on the back pockets ares great but i dont think i could do that. baby blue paint looks cool as well

can someone try to post more detailed pics of teh higher end yamane line, i dont know much about either but i want to see what i am missing out on and if i made a good choice on the lower end ones. also the smiley faces on the back pockets ares great but i dont think i could do that. baby blue paint looks cool as well

I doubt ill be able to post the "japan" yamane jeans for you. However i took a look. They are all blank pocketed. You dont have to get any painting on them. However the girl at the store said the japanese ones are the ones most chinese people buy. (she seemed to only really like the japanese denim more however im not sure if thats just because the japanese denim are more expensive/getting it to be able to say "oh this is japanese".)

She did try to convince me to buy some for around 2200+HKD (i dont remember i just knew it was more or less the same price for the evisu ones i wanted) and said that they have 3 quality levels of denim (no 0, 1....) and that the ones she showed me felt like no 0. But there was no tag to say the quality or anything on them.

Me and my gf liked the smily faces. So we both got one on the right pocket. The white and cream colours are 50HKD and the otheres are 100HKD. They pretty much look like the same colours that evisu use. I got green (i think i should of got blue now!).

I also got another pair with some characters on it that mean Osaka.

• 2 months later...

Hello,

Ok i should of really posted these ages ago! Either way here they are. I can get better pictures later on if anyone wants. Just took these in my room. Ive worn them every now and then but no where near everyday. I got them cut abit bigger then i should of really and they are abit long so stack abit on. If anyone wants ill post pictures of me wearing them.

The jeans have some really nice details. Someone said that evisu only line half the pockets and their pockets get ruined by jeans only on the top half that arent lined. Well these are fully lined. Also they have all the rivets in the same places as evisu and the denim is really nice.

dsc00738rp3.jpg

dsc00741cl2.jpg

dsc00744dw6.jpg

dsc00746lv9.jpg

dsc00748lq0.jpg

dsc00750ed3.jpg

dsc00752dl5.jpg

Hi, nice info and pics! There is one thing I really need to know about Yamanes: What about the inseam? When I was browsing Rakuten, almost all stores only offered a 33 inch inseam... What otions do you have at the Store? 35 like Evisu No.2's or even a a 36?

EDIT

I got abit confused for a second there. The jeans with the characters on are a 32x34 so they do come with longer legs. The smily face ones were 32x32.

How much longer they do im not sure. I might be able to get my friend to ask when he pics up my other pair.

/EDIT

Anyways any more info that anyone wants ill try get it. I got a friend going to the store to get me some jeans done. Also i have a couple more jeans i can post but they are ladies that my girl friend got. I also have 2 tshirts one of which im getting tomorrow. Also they gave me some really cool painted bags that i really like that might go on my wall.

Ill get some more pictures next couple days.

i got a pair of these jeans, the 1959s, a couple of months ago, but they fit a bit awkwardly so i gave them to my brother. i got a 34, and they were at bit too big after the overnight hot soak and machine dry, they were around 37 inches raw and they didnt shink enough, so my brother, a 36 is enjoying them. the detailing is awesome though slubby denim, back and coin pocket selvedge, good stuff.

Is the Yamane Salon not there any more?

It was in Central HK.. It was a bar in the front and upstairs and in the back was an Evisu/Yamane store.

Drinks, customer service, and products were all top notch.. But that was 6 years ago...

Is the Yamane Salon not there any more?

It was in Central HK.. It was a bar in the front and upstairs and i the back was an Evisu/Yamane store.

Drinks, customer service, and products were all top notch.. But that was 6 years ago...

Wow no the only official evisu store i heard of was in the Hong Kong station complex. I dint bother going in to that place. How long has the yamane been going on for?

Yamane is a fairly new store to HK. I think the causeway bay location was the first one and it opened up in 05 or 06.

They were discussed on superfuture here: http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=14662

And i posted pics about it a few months ago here:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=30479

I'm really surprised they let you take pictures in the store because they wouldn't let me.

They have nice t-shirts, but I didn't like how they did the bottom hem.. It's a bit wide, so it just looked funky to me. The jeans were decent quality and price, but I wasn't crazy about the ft.

Here are some more pictures of the two tshirts i got and also of the nice bags they have.

The small pink bags have a bright yellow side on them. The large blue bag is painted with quiet thick paint. The pictures of the jeans are my girl friends. They are a really nice colour and feel really nice. They are a special edition ones that they make.

dsc00766lq2.th.jpg

dsc00776bo8.th.jpg

dsc00780aq6.th.jpg

I was out shopping yesterday and noticed that Evisu tshirts all have a gold stiched gull on the sleeve. Yamane use a pig with wings.

dsc00781do9.th.jpg

This is the bag you get with tshirts.

dsc00784nz4.th.jpg

This bag you get free with jeans if you spent a certain amount. I cant remember how much. You can buy it but it was around £15 if i remember rightly. Also this is an older design. There is a newer one that my gf has. The new one is abit more plain.

dsc00785dr9.th.jpg

dsc00786kx2.th.jpg

• 10 months later...

On the 17th of july (if i remember rightly) Hidehiko Yamane has closed down. On the 23rd of june the cosway bay store closed and the day after the girl at the TST store let me know that it was also closing. Aparently the brand was shipping all stock to japan.

That's truly sad... The Yamane Salon was one of the first places where i really got to learn about denim beyond what i'd read in books and seen in Japan, it was the first time somebody explained to me what indigo really was and how it reacts over time.

Sad to see it go...

wow, looks like tough times for yamane… wondering if Japanese denim is dying out in China.

Well to be honest i ran into the first store by mistake. It was in a horrible place on causeway bay. Also last year the girl at the store kept trying to make me buy japanese denim. I asked her what do most people buy and she said most chinese buy the japanese denim. They dont really like the chinese made one. Though i quiet liked the chinese denim its really rather nice. Lovely selvage too.

I was kind of sad to see it go as its got some really nice tshirts but it might still be selling in japan i guess. I think the Yamane salon bar is still there though and i know Evisu store is there and also opened a second location. The Evisu bar i again ran into totaly by mistake while checking some girl in an evisu hat out. She walked into the building for me to find a note saying "Evisu sample sale". Way too much at very cheap prices. I got there the last day though and everything was large maybe one or two med sizes. All jean jackets like £25, jeans like £20 it was mad prices! All Heritage/chinese stock though. Oh and the bar was closed for a refurbish.

in my opinion, think they closed down because they cant compete with Levis in hk, especially the advertisment for levis is much much more then yamane or evisu, samurai...etc. Levis is much more well known, and also the rent in cwb is one of the highest in the world.

Not enough return....