Hype

sohoADDICT

Many people hate on hypebeasts , but IMO site members here buy into hype just as much as someone on hypebeast (myself included). Whats the difference between someone here getting some Diors and someone getting some streetware brand jeans on another site? I think people here buy there "special" selvage jeans because of the hype surrounding it rather than because they particuraly like the garment. Hell, I'd go so far as to say that some people may even begin to start to like a garment that they may have not normally liked, due to being brainwashed by all the SuFu hype.

My second point: The word "quality" is thrown around here quite often, and i think some people dont even know what it means in terms of clothing. Let me explain with an example: I have a pair of sean john jeans from 8th grade (when i was in my baggy clothing phase) that still fit me, so i wear them every once in awhile. Now obviously sean john isnt known for its quality, nor are the jeans selvage, yet they held up perfectly so far (i just graduated HS). My point is, as long as u treat your clothing decently, theres no point in getting selvage denim because it "lasts longer". i dont think its even a proven fact that it lasts longer.

Finally, I have a question- besides the hype of the brand, and the name "Dior", what attracts people to those jeans (and other "SuFu-approved brands) such as sugarcane, flathead, etc)? To me, they look quite ordinary. Granted, they may have some nice detailing in things such as the contrast stiching, but nothing special. Why pay so much for jeans that look ordinary? its not like anybody would know what company they are, how much you paid, and they dont feel any more comfortable than any other pair of jeans.

i know im gonna catch a bunch of hate for this but i could care less about some random internet people disliking me

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe if we ignore it, it will go away.

the hype?

homme maybe if spread some vegemite on it and eat it.... it willl go away?

is vegemite good man? any recipes?

in 2nd grade way back my teacher was from austrailia and im pretty sure she was racist against my mix bread asian ass. even tho i had whiteness in me... im pretty sure she hated me b/c i was asian...

anyways we tried vegemite but i didnt like it much.. it was just vegemite and bread.. i hear u add some stuff to it?

I didn't read sohoADDICT's post because I bet it was a boring rehashing of the sorts of "discoveries" that all teenagers eventually make. Still I'm guessing, sohoADDICT is a much better poster than keagan.

its not a "discovery"... i never said i was innocent, i have some selvage jeans, and i buy overpriced shit. my main point is that sufu is no different than hypebeast, besides the type of clothing that is common among members

Vegemite is alright, I grew up on it as a kid, but I got a bit sick of it... It's kinda like marmite, or whatever else yeast spreads there are.

I bet if you ground up a bunch of cockroaches, put them in a jar , pissed in the jar, and then left this concoction in the sun for a few months, it would taste better than vegemite. Pretty damn delicious.

Nah, I meant maybe if we ignore soho he will go away. It seems he doesnt like anything that we have to post so I am lead to belive that he only sticks around for the attention that he gets when he stirs shit with his mindless dribble.

Vegemite is OK in my book. Only ever on thick toast with butter though. I have never heard of any recipes but I'm sure they are out there. There is alot of racist shit in Australia - everyone really hates everyone.

the hype?

homme maybe if spread some vegemite on it and eat it.... it willl go away?

is vegemite good man? any recipes?

in 2nd grade way back my teacher was from austrailia and im pretty sure she was racist against my mix bread asian ass. even tho i had whiteness in me... im pretty sure she hated me b/c i was asian...

anyways we tried vegemite but i didnt like it much.. it was just vegemite and bread.. i hear u add some stuff to it?

i clicked on this cause i got confused on the users, i thought you were so-so. so i was expecting some post about hype followed by like 30 booyahs. no hate, now let us bow out heads. booyah.

I bet if you ground up a bunch of cockroaches, put them in a jar , pissed in the jar, and then left this concoction in the sun for a few months, it would taste better than vegemite. Pretty damn delicious.

Shut the fuck up boy. Just becasue I dont dig into the shit every day doesnt mean it tastes like shit... Aussies love their Vegemite, it's the best shit going around ok. Mix it with water for a refreshing drink... I'll put your face in a fucking jar if you talk badly about the 'mite again.

0,,5285055,00.jpg

its not a "discovery"... i never said i was innocent, i have some selvage jeans, and i buy overpriced shit. my main point is that sufu is no different than hypebeast, besides the type of clothing that is common among members

Wtf?!? Sdfks?

I am not a denim HEAD but go fucking read SuperDenim and YOU will understand why people like Raw ("Plain") denim.

and

Go look at a contest thread in the superdenim section. Seriously are you mentally retarded or something?

And PS: Sufu is no different from hypebeast? Are you fucking blind or something?

The buying attitude in general maybe the same as in we buy into trends just like every other fucking human being. Look at the "WAYWT" thread in each board and you will see a huge diffrence right away just from the difference in the styles that people choose to wear.

Hypebeast caters to one avenue of style whilst superfuture is much more ecletic.

Use your fucking eyes @_@

Shut the fuck up boy. Just becasue I dont dig into the shit every day doesnt mean it tastes like shit... Aussies love their Vegemite, it's the best shit going around ok. Mix it with water for a refreshing drink... I'll put your face in a fucking jar if you talk badly about the 'mite again.

0,,5285055,00.jpg

Aussies are bound to like some disgusting foods the rest of us non-marsupials can't stomach. It's one of the benefits of being nursed in a pouch.