Tips on removing zits/pimples

STC

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One good way to make a zit less noticeable is by using a hot wash towel, just hold it against your zit for a minute or so, you can keep reheating the towel, mind you. It makes it get less inflamed from my experience, therefore shrinking your problem area.

Also, I bought this:http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml;jsessionid=DKRW1X134KORCCV0KRRQQAQ?id=P4001&categoryId=C10473

and it works really well. I can't really help for actual acne, I tend to randomly just get one or two pimples/zits randomly.

this dude in my building swears that going tanning twice a week heals his acne

i think he just goes tanning cause hes a wanna be guido piece of shit, of course...but then again, what do i know? never really dealt with acne

tanning only temporarily makes the acne less noticeable

it's not permanent, and is even worse for your skin in the long run

acne is a bitch. total bitch. it ruined my gorgeous manly face.

accutane worked wonders for 6 months. after that intense acne may come back, or it reduces.

after that try to use doxycline, that shit works wonders too.

change towels, bed sheets and pillow cases often.

clip your nails

wash hair with oil-free shampoo

then wash face with oil free cleanser (preferably 10% benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid as active ingredients)

your skin tends to get dry and you get more acnes the first couple weeks but after that it will recede.

use oil free moisturizer.

theres also this sulfur + salicylic acid-based drying paste by mario bodescu (i bought at kitson's in la, and im sure other places have it). that shit works wonders on certain types of acnes.

microdermabrasion and facial are pretty useful too.

- Retin-A is the semen of gods, use low dose first, like 0.025%

- Use a alkaline-free face wash, that's pH balanced for the skin (5.5)

- Don't over-wash your face, I only wash my face once at night, then just warm water in the morning. Over-washing strips the skin of important oils, and your skin will over-compensate in producing oils which will cause more breakouts in the long run

- Oil free sunscreen daily

- Change pillow regularly

- BP cream applied on breakouts works really well, a 2.5% or 5% will do the trick, dont use 10% straight away or it will irritate the shit out of your skin

- drink alot of water, don't drink heaps of alcohol, keep sugar to a minimum

- KEEP IT SIMPLE YO

:)

acne is a bitch. total bitch. it ruined my gorgeous manly face.

accutane worked wonders for 6 months. after that intense acne may come back, or it reduces.

after that try to use doxycline, that shit works wonders too.

change towels, bed sheets and pillow cases often.

clip your nails

wash hair with oil-free shampoo

then wash face with oil free cleanser (preferably 10% benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid as active ingredients)

your skin tends to get dry and you get more acnes the first couple weeks but after that it will recede.

use oil free moisturizer.

theres also this sulfur + salicylic acid-based drying paste by mario bodescu (i bought at kitson's in la, and im sure other places have it). that shit works wonders on certain types of acnes.

microdermabrasion and facial are pretty useful too.

my doctor prescribed me that doxycline but he said it may take 5 years to clear up? i want my fucking acne gone now. he told me accutane can alter your gene or some shit? i didnt really understand him cause english isnt his primary language. anyways he told me theres alot of negative effects with accutane. any info on this?

my doctor prescribed me that doxycline but he said it may take 5 years to clear up? i want my fucking acne gone now. he told me accutane can alter your gene or some shit? i didnt really understand him cause english isnt his primary language. anyways he told me theres alot of negative effects with accutane. any info on this?

shit my old doc was missing like 1/3rd of his tongue and couldn't speak worth shit.

from what I know, accutane should only be used as a last resort, for someone with serious acne problems. because they do have some bad side effects, like extreme drying of the skin, eyes, mouth, among others things.

found my solution in a gentle cleanser and 2% bha liquid before bed. both from paulas choice. haven't had mad breakouts in a long time now..

that paula's choice stuff really does work. i barely get any breakouts after using the beta hydroxy lotion. the only downside is you have to order it off her site, but shipping is pretty quick. i get it like 3 days after ordering

accutane is not the last resort. it does work pretty damn good though. i had cystic acne. so for anyone that thinks they had it bad look that shit up on google images. i had to get several steroid injections into scar tissue that formed on my face. I also was on accutane for almost a year. i'm still on doxy and there are light treatments (last resort) that help which i also did for a year plus. still have a couple of breakouts every now and then but nothing compared to what i had. i only wash my face once with cetaphil in the shower at night and use an oil free moisturizer with spf15 for the morning.

can you guys seriously stop giving advice like eat healthy and exercise and shit. that MIGHT work if you only have clogged pores and maybe tiny whiteheads, but if you have any type of inflammatory acne (ie caused by bacteria), then it wont help.

honestly, you just need to try a bunch of things for your acne if it gets to the point when it bothers you. i tried a bunch of shit and eventually landed on Plexion cleansing cloths. they keep my decently clear right now. if you cant find anything, then accutane seems like a logical decision.

acne is SO random. there will never be a set cure for it. even the most basic tenet of acne that it is caused by excessive oil production is essentially wrong. there are tons of people with zero oiliness who get massive nodules/cysts. i even have some bacne, yet my back never makes oil.

the best piece of advice i can give is to identify what type of acne you have and directly target the cause of it. if you have inflammatory acne (caused by bacteria, pimples that are much bigger, inflamed, red, usually start out underground and turn into large whiteheads), then use an antibacterial such as benzoyl peroxide, clindamycin phosphate, sodium sulfacetamide, or an oral antibiotic. if you have noninflammatory acne (blackheads, smaller whiteheads, small "pools" of oil under your skin), then i would go for salicylic acid, sulfur, glycolic acid, or any exfoliant.

dermatologists can only get you so far. acne is a really personal thing, varying from each individual, so its impossible for the derm to know everything about your skin. you need to figure out how exactly to fix your acne and then just use the derm to get those prescriptions.

OTC products are OK. more for milder acne imo.

• 1 month later...