best t-shirts

Just wanted to know what people thought were the best t-shirt blanks for printing were? when i say "best" I mean quality of material(types of cotton or blends),fits and cuts. I am new to posting but have been lurking for a while and I know people on here would know some good brands.Any info would help thanx!

Man a bad man wicked man nu tek man fi toy have mi glock inna mi hand mark kill and destroy...

Hanes Beefy's have a great soft texture but their quality control is garbage. They produce them in at least three different plants across the globe so nothing is ever consistant, so you never know what you'll get. One batch will be perfect and the next will be garbage. For example Neckholes on smalls and XLs will be thick and tight on some, while Medium and Larges of the same color will have thin oval scooped necks. I've also found that Hanes Beefy-s shrink up in length a great deal more than other tees and become overly boxy.

I'm going to nominate Triple As... They're stiffer and their color selection leaves much to be desired but they survive a wash with minimal shrinkage, have a great fit from the neckhole to the body thats always consistant.

Edited by My Pal the Crook on Jun 27, 2005 at 07:30 PM

everyone loves american apparel it seems to me, hard to find a shirt anywhere these days that isn't printed on american apparel. That isn't an endorsement of AA but the simple fact that so many people swear by them.

They do have good colors which is a bonus and fit is consistent.

100% cotton cut and sewn shirts that are soft and thick - okay few are doing it, but it would be brilliant to see more brands go that way - best so far i've found is a japanese company called Name Value (probably made in china - but damn it feels good).

Good to read people's opinions but I want to know, where can I find blank "AAA", "Three Dots', "Spruce Apparel"and "Name Value"? And does anyone know of anybody printing on these shirts? Also Gboogie (or anyone who knows) does Name value produce blanks or do they just make them for themselves?icon_smile_cool.gif

Man a bad man wicked man nu tek man fi toy have mi glock inna mi hand mark kill and destroy...

hey bounty hunter - as far as i know - name value makes it for themselves. i know of one shop in ny that carries there stuff - it's called sugarhead quarters. but if you put name value in the search on the main page, there's also goods in seattle.

and yessss it's DOOOOPE.

Bobby, I don't live in L.A. , I'm in Boston, does AAA ship? And do they require you to get min. #'s? Also what's the full name or is it just "AAA"? And what options do they have as far as fabric choices? Gboogie where is "sugarhead quarters"? And what else do they carry? Good look on any info

AAA shirts are extremely cheap. There is a place down the street from me where they give you 5 of them for $10.

Threedots are at retail I think $22 or so but I could be wrong. I just remember that they are considerably more expensive than American Apparel and that became an issue with my printing.

Bountyhunter -- Unfortunately, the place I'm thinking of does not ship. BUT you can get AAA shirts straight from the source. The manufacturer is called Alstyle Apparel - they also make Gildan and other t-shirts. If you order directly from them, yes, the minimums are high..

thedonger -- word! btw, any relation to kien lieu, the OG donger???

thehundreds is huge.

www.thehundreds.com

Quote:

said it before, i'll say it again, Stafford white premiums from jcpenney. AAA comes in close 2nd.

--- Original message by rhythmandsound on Jul 6, 2005 06:52 PM

Holy fuck. I thought I was the only one who was crazy in love with Stafford. White, black, and Heather are your only color options and, they're about $15 for 3 shirts, but Stafford heavyweight premium tee's are the fucking tits.

Nice thick 100% cotton, Slim fitting like American Apparel only longer for us tall fucks. Perfect.

http://www.tragicbliss.com

we used AA shirts for one season, aand found that they shrink like crazy. i like the fact that they are sweatshop free but their fitment is inconsistent dependoing on how you launder your shirt. didnt want to have to deal with that.

besides i personally am not too much into tees that are vintage tight fitting. AAA and Gildan are always good bets and the color selections are slowly getting better. cotton is not as soft (not like AA ringspun) but what can you do until you get big enough to manufacture your own shirts and dye them your own colors.

in terms of getting them, just talk to a silk screener... they have accounts with wholesalers and you can buy thru them when you print them.

3sixteen fabrications // new york city.

http://www.3sixteen.com

thas wassup

Thanx to everyone for the good advice, Meth I checked the link AAA seems to have a good selection, there min. #'s are kinda high but the fits/styles look pretty good, much better than Gildan. What styles have people used/tried, and has anyone tried the fitted/slim fit style?

Wild Whiskey where is the place you said had them for cheap? Oh and "Spruce Apparel",are the styles/fits similar to AAA?or AA?

Ajchen, which AA style did you use that shrunk? Also, I think you're right these would be good for now until I can just cut and dye my own styles(what I'm working towards), I'm going to just check with some printers and see what they say.

Also who makes a good pima cotton t-shirt blank?

Oh and JC Penny "stafford premiums",hmmmm..., if that's the case what about 2Xist, better or worse?

I think someone might need to make a "best T-shirt blanks" list on the other side, any takers?

once again thanks for all the advice/info

Meth, I checed out the "AAA" site thanks for the link, they definately have some good styles/designs their min. #'s are kinda high for me i'll have to see if I could get them from a local printer who deals with them. Who has tried any of their styles? What about the fitted/slim fit style, how is it?

Whiskey, where's the place you said that has them for cheap?

Oh and JC Penny "Stafford premiums"?, hmmmm...do they sell them wholesale anywhere?

And "Spruce Apparel" how do they fair(fabric quality,colors and fits) against AA,AAA, JC Penny and the rest?? and where can you get them?

What about 2xist any good for printing?

Ajchen, I agree something like AAA would be good for me right now until Ican have my own cut and dyed(what I'm working towards)

Does anyone think somebody should make a "best t's list" on the other side???