Hanging on to your clothes.

id rather not sell anything. if i have old pieces that i dont want, but still seem to have some value, ill give them away to friends. if they seem to have no value to me, then i will donate them to a thrift store.

i just donated 3 large garbage bags of stuff that i had collected over the years... it felt good. ive given friends pairs of japanese denim when their walmart jeans ripped... that felt better than selling them to someone on here who may very well just try to resell them later... id rather know who is getting the stuff and know that there is a need and an appreciation for it(not even for the piece itself, but for the act of giving and the utility of it. i know that the people i give shit to dont understand a thing about fashion or the detailing that goes into a pair of dubbleworks or andewhall or rrl jeans)

I buy the majority of my clothing online and don't get to try things on before I buy. I'm getting better with knowing my measurements through trial and error but even still, I sometimes get things that don't fit the way I had envisioned....so I sell them on Supermarket....

But for clothes that do fit, I'm really sentimental...especially the higher quality pieces. But even then, sometimes there's a minor detail that just doesn't work for me, like the size of a collar/lapel/cuff/etc so I decide to let it go....

The only shirt I regret selling is my Flathead chambray, it fit pretty well and the material was so nice, but i stopped wearing it for a while and decided to let it go........i still miss the touch of it......damn this thread for bringing up painful memories!

Like many of you, i have never thrown away or sold things that i have kept for a while. As far as clothes go, i'd either sell right away if it doesn't fit or keep.

I do admit to get quite attached to my old clothes, especially if i have worn a piece often and / or it reminds me a phase of my life. To be honest, i have kept probably around 50% of the clothes i have bought since i was 14. Most of these are old and thrashed and there's no way i'll ever wear them again, but they hold sentimental value to me and therefore are worth keeping.

I do have a few pretty new things (mostly sneakers) that i sorta regret buying and could potentially sell (probably for not much though), but my gf would give me such a hard time cause that i will keep for the moment...

i recently moved and my gf made me go through all the boxes i had and i still have so much stuff. I packed like 10 huge rubbermaid box with clothes and magazines (i have like pretty much every skateboard and snowboard magazines released between like 1997 and 2001 and some more). I browsed through some of them, Big Brother was really the greatest thing back then, fuck even Vice was entertaining....

So yeah, i tend to keep my clothes, but most of my purchases have been well thought and planned and rarely buy stuff on a whim (except for strong case of love at first sight) so i guess it would be different if i just bought random stuff and ended up not liking it...

I don't regret selling any of the stuff I have for sale, I was trying out a certain look and it just didn't feel comfortable/ right for me... wanted to change up my style. And while I like a lot of the pieces I am selling them in order to rework my wardrobe. I'm still working on not impulse buying though. I need to make sure to get measurements for stuff before I buy it... especially length measurements.

nice bump - this is a topic that's really struck me being in japan the past week, how overly trend-driven fashion is here - used designer stores all over the place, stocked with tons of great (even current season) gear. some people must flip their wardrobes/style pretty often...

mostly i buy simple, classic stuff (and probably wear 75%+ of my wardrobe regularly), so i don't need to resell. i'm horrible at keeping things in good condition anyway, half my shit ends up with stains on em well before they're worn out.

the price / no. of wears ratio is always a good rule to follow.

I can't get myself to sell clothing or accessories, especially accessories... i've kept every wallet (up to about 6 of them) and every watch i've ever bought (between 70 and 80...).

I know i need to sell some clothing because it can't just keep adding up, eventually you've got to unload some items. I just have too strong of a bond with clothing i buy, that even if i don't wear it often i still can't imagine selling it off.

I still have shoes i'd never wear today but i'm keeping them thinking maybe i'll come back to them in five or ten years...

Jesus christ Mr. McBallinpants.... 80 watches? I don't imagine those to be calculator Casios, either....

I am a use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without kinda guy. If I buy something that doesn't fit, or I don't like, I give it away. I've held onto the stuff I do like until it can't be repaired to look decent.

I understand the majority of the Supermarket to be a glut of clothes that either aren't so great, or are super au courant fashion pieces (for example, Dr. Worm getting rid of the previous hot-shit to get the new-hot-shit.) The remainder of sales are pretty much people that don't wear X clothing because they have Y clothing that is liked better, and X is the individual's previous-level purchase.

My problem is I am literally out of room, so i've been constantly selling old stuff, as a means of cleaning out my room/closet...

I cannot depart with any sneakers/shoes though, i'd rather wear them to they are dead, just keep them, or give them to my brother or dad or something...

I need to unload about 20 pairs of jeans i dont' wear anymore, I need to unload a another 10 sweaters I never wear, 15 sweatshirts, countless mall 'dress clothes'...

The other reason I sell a lot on here is sometimes I'll buy an item, try to make it work, then I just don't see myself ever using it, so I sell it...

Or Maybe the fit is slightly off, and I know i could use the money on something else...

Constantly buying/selling, weeding out the pieces I don't want, keeping the ones I want... I was like this with vinyl as well... I like to always have something coming in the mail....

When I first joined superfuture, I definitely bought a lot of items that didn't fit with me personally, they are all sold at this point... I am glad I don't do that anymore...