Dubbleworks Denim Contest

cheep

which one do you want on the final contest jeans?  

296 members have voted

1. 1. which one do you want on the final contest jeans?

• patch 1
    • patch 2
    • patch 3
    • patch 4

what is the ettiquite for getting a pair for a non sufu member, like if i wanted to get my brother or a friend a pair? is it cool cause im a member or is it frowned upon cause they are outsiders?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5'7 135lbs and with a quick measurement it looks like i'm a 31 waist.

I'm the same too!

what is the ettiquite for getting a pair for a non sufu member, like if i wanted to get my brother or a friend a pair? is it cool cause im a member or is it frowned upon cause they are outsiders?

I guess you could have them sign up, and maybe participate in the contest!!

Chicken, we could probably be body doubles since we have the exact same height, weight, and waist measurements. I went with a 29 instead of a 28, though. The measurements for the one wash in 29 were almost identical to my SDA 103's in size 30. Hopefully the 29s won't be too loose..

I'm considering sizing down one from my SD-103s as well. I wear a 34 in SD-103s, so I can go with a 32 (same waist, much slimmer legs) or a 33 (slightly bigger waist, slightly slimmer legs). I think I'm going for a 33.

Any other Studio D'Artisan owners willing to comment?

I'm considering sizing down one from my SD-103s as well. I wear a 34 in SD-103s, so I can go with a 32 (same waist, much slimmer legs) or a 33 (slightly bigger waist, slightly slimmer legs). I think I'm going for a 33.

did the same. 1 down from my 103's.

You and me are pretty much the same measurements -- did the 28 fit like cheep's 28, or closer to the 30 or something totally different?

edit: also, do you have an apc ns size?

they were actually out of 28 because someone here took the only one they had. cough cough. :D

so i'm going with an educated guess from how the 30 fit on me. in apc ns, i'm a 28, regular sufu fit. (could've gone with a 27 for a tight, very difficult to button in the beginning sufu fit.)

Chicken, we could probably be body doubles since we have the exact same height, weight, and waist measurements. I went with a 29 instead of a 28, though. The measurements for the one wash in 29 were almost identical to my SDA 103's in size 30. Hopefully the 29s won't be too loose..

i don't think the difference from 28 to 29 will be that huge, depending on your wash techniques. i'm not going to be washing them often, and since i'm starting out raw, i'm going tighter, if you understand my denim math.

sent you a pm. but i believe i'm a 30 in 103s, 29 will be a very tight sufu fit. again, i think depending on your wash techniques, you could choose between a 32 or a 33.

^^Ahlvahroe::

i doubt EVERYONE is going to participate, so i don't see what's wrong.

I'd think it kinda depends on Warehouse's motivation for doing this project. If they are doing it just because they like our community and what not, they probably don't care whether or not people participate in the contest. If they are doing it for promotional reasons, then I could see them being pretty not so happy if a bunch of people started buying these without the intent of participating.

Though, there doesn't really seem to be a means of tracking who's buying them, so maybe its not something they are concerned about. Any thoughts, cheep?

^^^

Yea, but they provide absolutly no information about it...So whoever doesn't know about them will basically be buying them blind...I doubt a lot of people will do that, people don't just buy anything.

So unless some smart comsumer research them, they wouldn't know enough to buy them

I really want these jeans but I think my quads might be too big. How much do these stretch? So sick of wearing spandex....

PaulDeMayo.jpg

Quadzilla Paul Demayo. I wonder what happened to him? Though if you're going to put up a quad monster example, you'd be better off putting Tom Platz up (height vs thigh circ).

Yo, who gives a shit who buys them? Oh my God, people who aren't on Superfuture® will buy the contest jeanzz?! Blasphemy!

Just put in your pre-orders, be thankful, and stop bitching.

In every other mention of a contest, its been considered a bad idea to buy the jean and not participate. Nobody is bitching, they are asking what the expectations are.

Quadzilla Paul Demayo. I wonder what happened to him? Though if you're going to put up a quad monster example, you'd be better off putting Tom Platz up (height vs thigh circ).

well, 'zilla is just a blast from the past; like a WWF wrestler from the Von Erich days. Anyhow, apparently he died from a heroin OD.

THIS Tom Platz, you mean?

tom_platz_007.jpg

did the same. 1 down from my 103's.

i think im going with a 32W. i have 32 in the 103s, and they fit really well. my intuition tells me to get the 32. fuck all this sizing down. except my sams, at a 30W, which are perfect. bring on the monkey!

In every other mention of a contest, its been considered a bad idea to buy the jean and not participate. Nobody is bitching, they are asking what the expectations are.

What I'm saying is would it really bother you if somebody were to buy them and not participate? The way I see it is it's one less person to compete against. Who gives a shit? Buying the jeans doesn't mean you are in the contest... posting photos at the end is what counts.

What I'm saying is would it really bother you if somebody were to buy them and not participate? The way I see it is it's one less person to compete against. Who gives a shit? Buying the jeans doesn't mean you are in the contest... posting photos at the end is what counts.

Of course not. The point is, does Warehouse expect that the people buying this limited run of jeans are going to participate in this contest. That's whats being asked, and nothing more. Perhaps Warehouse isn't in this just to sell a couple pair of jeans, maybe they are in it just to use the stuff for promotional reasons. Who the hell knows?

Anyhow, apparently he died from a heroin OD.

:eek: :eek: :eek: I did not know that!

That's a great pic of Tom Platz's legs. Yeah, no one had freaker legs than him, esp. since he was sort of a midget. 500lb breathing box squats for 20 reps or some freakish thing like that.

I've been browsing this website for a while now, but only recently joined as you can see. I'm considering buying these jeans and doing the contest, but my friend and I are going to have our own little contest at the same time. If I do buy these jeans I will probably enter the contest and only wear them to bed haha. It would be kind of like doing a contest and experiment at the same time. I just have to figure out if I want to buy these jeans or not. I still have a few days...

Of course not. The point is, does Warehouse expect that the people buying this limited run of jeans are going to participate in this contest. That's whats being asked, and nothing more. Perhaps Warehouse isn't in this just to sell a couple pair of jeans, maybe they are in it just to use the stuff for promotional reasons. Who the hell knows?

Warehouse maybe making this run of jeans for this competition, but whether or not everyone competes, will really bring Warehouse as a brand to the fore, like Samurai and Sugarcane. There's a reason why this is priced the way it is. To get more of their jeans out there to promote the brand. If Warehouse really wanted it to be a "competition" and exclusive, they would have made it with their 1000XX natural indigo and priced it $300. I don't think anyone would up $300 for a pair of (relatively unknown brand) jeans unless they really wanted to compete.