I just hot soaked my Imperial Dukes after 9 mos or so

obsessis

It's been awhile since i've been here, hello to everyone that remembers me.

I just hot soaked my imperial dukes after about 9 mos to a year of wearing. I wore them everyday for at least 6 months. They had some pretty good wear on them before I ended up soaking them.

I soaked in just hot water, as hot as my bathtub would put out, for like 4 hours. I didn't use any soap and didn't agitate them so they did not loose indigo. (I also soaked a pair of apc english jeans as well). the bathwater ended up being a light brownish tan..

they now are still dark, with the usual wear that has eventually happened along the way. the color is really nice, there are a lot of distinct vertical lines in the fading along the thighs. They also still have a nice brownish tint due to dirt since they were dirty for so long and I didn't use any soap or agitate them in any way. They are softer than they originally were also, still feel sturdy though.

I will post my before and after pics when I get home for you to see. I think they turned out nice. I am retiring them from wearing everyday because I think they are super awesome looking right now. I"m not trying to get super crazy hige or honeycombs, I"m just looking for a nice, even fade with some creasing and just overall nice, semi-used looking.

i thought soaks werent supposed to change the color?? everyone says no indigo is lost from soaks...

i'm doin a soak right now in a bucket cuz hot water is a lot hotter from a sink.. at least in my house... its just for shrinkage tho...

but i'm scared i'll lose honey my combs because during my 1st soak with a pair of nudies i lost them.. and they didn't shrink enought so i wasn't able to get em back..

*waiting to see yer b4 and after picts

Some more pics presoak, click on the pics to get a bigger one

frontbeforeorafterfn2.th.jpg

backbeforeek6.th.jpg

Here are some after pics

frontupcloseafterwh8.th.jpg

frontafterzl2.th.jpg

backafterox7.th.jpg

backafterwholeby9.th.jpg

I think they came out nice, a good coloring. I am not going to try to put a lot of wear into these as I like the color that they are now.....maybe one more soak or a cold wash and see how they turn out. Thoughts?

how much they did stretch as u wore em? im just a little worried about mine because i shoulda sized down one more.. just hoping stretching on these isnt APC territory

and did they shrink back to a tight fit nicely?

They stretched out a little bit but nowhere near APC stretching. The denim is a lot heavier, sturdier, so it will keep stretching to a minimum. when i first got them the thighs were tight but they slowly loosened up. I then lost 30 lbs so they now are loose on me (which looks good, they look nice oversized).

after a hot soak they probably shrunk back some, I imagine that a hot wash and then a dry would shrink them more. can't compare to the original fit since the weight loss. i think they are probably the perfect fitting jean for me, fit to my preference....kinda loose but still look normal, still have a nice fit. i'll try to get some pics of me wearing them so you can see an oversized pair of dukes.

lol the black ones don't really bleed at all...

and they're stubborn as fuck..

...don't buy imperials for the fade, buy it for the fit!

mine are fading nicely. i don't know if you can tell in the pics or not but there are some nice vertical lines going on and they are fading very nicely. the black ones might be a bit different, though.