fitted outerwear in australia

DJI

what shops in australia sell outerwear that is fitted? much of what is sold here is quite boxy and designed to be worn over a suit, however I want something more fitted to wear over something like a sweater.

I've been trying to find a fitted pea coat and a half thigh height trench here in melbourne but haven't had any luck.

Same problem here... The clothing selection here is really bleh... Everything seem to be really boxy, not to mention the size is often gigantic. Been walking around the brunswick street, city, and south yarra last weekend. Haven't found anything nice yet and none of them seem to be in small size, always either M or L.

Same problem here... The clothing selection here is really bleh... Everything seem to be really boxy, not to mention the size is often gigantic. Been walking around the brunswick street, city, and south yarra last weekend. Haven't found anything nice yet and none of them seem to be in small size, always either M or L.

even the ones in small size are often too large. country road makes some great basics, but none of their clothes fit guys with a smaller build.

a burberry trench is definitely on the list, but I'll only buy one once I can justify the cost haha. I'll probably check out calibre's coats this week, i heard they made a decent peacoat this season, even though it isn't particularly heavy.

Hmm.. I better check Calibre as well... Been looking for something warm... Melbourne been unbearably cold these days. Hope I can find my size...

In regards to the sizing, S in aussie tends to be pretty big, I often have difficulty to find my size. Unlike US, I rarely seen any brands carry XS size here... I haven't been looking at Country Road for ages. Their sizing puts me off.

I picked up an AG pea coat in size 0, fits excellent! I think it was about $500?

Also check out Marais, they have a 70% sale on now, most of the coats are about 500-600.

Country Road is a bigger size, I have a couple of their suits, but it's impossible to find a sz 36 jacket and 30/32 pant there.

Calibre has a nice woollen pea coat in at the moment. I think Comma H picked up one of their wool M65s. Really nice stuff, and great quality. Herringbone did a light weight Pea coat this season.

I think that ordering somthing from Schott NYC or Spiewak or trawling eBay for something well priced and a good tailor is a viable option.

thats for the info morgz15, marais has some great stuff but was always pretty pricey.

the herringbone pea coat looks pretty nice, have to see how sizing is.

I wear a 42 in their jackets and XL slim fit shirts. The 42/XL in the peacoat was quite snug. I don't think I could wear it buttoned up over a jacket.

This is the other jacket Calibre are carying at the moment. This is a size 2 in navy blue and I'm a 70Kg 186cm rake, in case you can't tell. It looks more fitted than in the photo, especially from the back. I'd do a side and back shot if I wasn't so lazy. :o EDIT: Forgot to add, this is brushed cotton so attracts hair and dust like crazy, and was $650.

[/url]

Calibre are ridiculous, they have been doing a 3/4 coat for about 5 years, sometimes with buttons, sometimes with a zip, always looks the exactly the same. Calibre can't justify their prices.

I looked at some awesome coats at Christopher Chronis today (GPO Store, store at rear). It was a bit more work centric but I wear a suit everyday so it's ok for me.

The pea jackets available at like Industrie and mooks etc are not worth it, $199 for a coat made from acrylic/nylon that isn't even lined? Spend another $100 or so for something made from wool and make sure it's lined. Pea jackets are meant to be a snug fit, if it feels big and baggy (ala Country Road), don't buy it, if it is baggy, you will feel a lot colder than in a snug fitting one.

The pea jackets available at like Industrie and mooks etc are not worth it, $199 for a coat made from acrylic/nylon that isn't even lined? Spend another $100 or so for something made from wool and make sure it's lined. Pea jackets are meant to be a snug fit, if it feels big and baggy (ala Country Road), don't buy it, if it is baggy, you will feel a lot colder than in a snug fitting one.

Tried on the Country Road jacket and as you said it was very loose and cut was odd. The Marcs jacket was a lot better but synthetic blend and a little boxy. The industrie jacket was synth blend but cost was good, it was just really nasty details that put me off, same went for the G-star peacoat. For the past year and a half I've been looking for a nice 3 quarter or shorter, double breasted (peacoat or other, but peacoat preferable), wool or wool/cashmere blend and I'd prefer either no lining or silk if it has to have lining. You think you can find anything like that anywhere, including online? No chance, even the 700+ coats are synthetic blends and the 1500+ are decent cashmere blends but acetate lining. And if it meets that criteria I try it on and the fit or detailing is rubbish. How hard is it to make a nice jacket???

I went with this even though it was single breasted because it wasn't a synth blend (can live with the lining), the detailing is nice, and the fit was the best I tried on so far. I would have prefered clasp bands around the wrists instead of the faux suit jacket buttons though.

I picked up an AG pea coat in size 0, fits excellent! I think it was about $500?

I saw that pea coat at AG today, but they only had sizes 2 and up left. Was pretty disappointed because I really liked it.

Went hunting through a lot of places in the city today, but to no avail. Nothing worthwhile at Calibre. Saba, Marcs and Herringbone only had light weight pea coats. The Alpha60 trench looks pretty nice, but they only had large sizes. Marais apparently had some Kim Jones pea coats discounted, but they already all sold through.

I'm pretty tempted by one of the Claude Maus coats I saw at Fat today, which was a bit pricey at $600, may get that unless I can find that AG pea coat (its not looking likely, apparently its sold out country wide).

I doubt you can pay much less than $400 for a wool peacoat. a few brands have some heavy-ish cotton ones, but the quality is a bit questionable. in the end, its probably worth spending a bit more on a piece of this kind because its classic enough to keep using in following winters.

It will be nigh impossible to find the AG pea coat i think, I had to go to a few stores to find it, and that was in march/april! i got it 2 weeks after it's release and have yet to see another one. Someone actually stopped me recently in melb central/myer walkway (probably some SuFu'er) and asked me where i got it, so lots of people must be looking for one.

I stopped by Alpha 60 today and now I want that trench, but only sz Large. Also went to Assin, they have the Dior Homme trench in, but for 2500, i think i will get one made for me instead.

Plenty of Melbournians on here by the looks of things, when is the Melbourne meet?

Alpha60's first store: Welcome to Alphaville- 262 Brunswick St. Fitzroy

just called dj in the city and chadstone, both are sold out of the peacoat. short of petitioning AG to make more peacoats, I think I am out of luck. anyone happen to know any other local stores, besides those previously mentioned, selling wool peacoats?