Breaking in multiple pairs of denim at the same time.

xghostsniperx

I've become a denimhead. I now have a pair of Skull 5507s, a Kicking Mule 1980, and a Nudie Regular Ralf Dry Greycast, which leaves me wondering which to break in first, or if I begin to break them all in at the same time.

What do you guys do? Do you just concentrate on one pair, or do you go with two pairs? Or more?

Also, I know it's been asked, but there's only one topic about it. Does sleeping in denim actually do anything for fading?

For your personal case, I'd break in the Skulls and the RRDG at the same time. You'll results pretty quickly with both pairs--both fade quite fast. The Kicking Mules, on the other hand, take 5+ months just to see any sort of result.

Personally, I've slept in denim and I'm fine with it. I don't know how much it does for fading though, and I've gotten some weird creases I really don't like.

I just wear them like I wore 'normal' jeans. I'm about to add my 4th pair to my regular rotation and I'll just wear them when I feel like it depending on what I'm wearing. I don't sweat the fading too much as it will come with time, I just want to get a few pairs that I enjoy wearing and that are unique on their own, and i rotate them for variety and to avoid any 'you wear the same jeans everyday' comments.

sometimes people get bent out of shape wanting 'grails' like they want to hurry up and 'finish' a pair. IMO, it's about the journey...lol

I think I've grown to the point where I don't really care about fading. I just wear what works best for whatever occasion and/or fits whatever mood I'm in. Basically, I don't worry about the fade and just let it happen.

That said, at any one point in time, I do have a pair that gets at least 75% of the love.

I also wear one pair about 75% of the time and work one or two others in (depending on my activity, outfit, etc). Oftentimes the one's sharing the 25% are former 75%ers (if that makes sense).

I think breaking in two pairs of jeans at one time is a good idea, breaking in just one and driving it into the ground may cause rips and crotch blow outs sooner, generally though I think its just better for the life of the jeans to have two in rotation.

Start with one pair eachday everyday for 6 months give them their first wash then add another pair to rotate.

This way you'll have a dark pair for the first 6 months and after that you'll have one slightly faded pair and one fresh one to rotate.

And people who make comments about you wearing the same jeans everyday should be ignored!

or

you could just wear them whenever you like and be "zen" about fading and don't worry....

I have about 5 pairs at any one time. The others I just wash and keep in storage for another day. I usually concentrate on one pair of jeans at a time during the week/ daytime, and then wear something different when I go out at night (so I don't go insane wearing the same pair of jeans all the time).

Depends on your cicrcumstances , how many pairs can you afford etc.... ? As someone who would turnover / retire usually two pairs a year , I generally rotate two at any given time . Usually a regular straight cut (eg 47's) and a fuller cut (eg 55s) this caters for matching with different style jackets/tops etc...

My 0.02c worth anyway .

Hrmm well I'll show the picture here of his result.

I think thats after 5 months of using them as his pajamas. Well, thats what I gathered from the google translator.

So he wore something else during the day then changed in to these for bedtime? what an odd thing to do...

wear your jeans two or all at one time. the superfluous friction from the denim rubbing against each other will amplify the daily wear and tear. you will see results in no time.

i picture someone waddling around after trying this

like in 'A Christmas Story'

Start with one pair eachday everyday for 6 months give them their first wash then add another pair to rotate.

This way you'll have a dark pair for the first 6 months and after that you'll have one slightly faded pair and one fresh one to rotate.

And people who make comments about you wearing the same jeans everyday should be ignored!

or

you could just wear them whenever you like and be "zen" about fading and don't worry....

That's a good idea Cotton Duck. I'll probably have to try this out.

Also, that guy who used his denim as his pajamas and slept in them for five months or whatever seemed to get some nice wear.

I currently have 3 pairs of RAW, Nudie RRDS, Oni Reds and Flats 3003. My first pair was the Nudies, which i did the 6 months and wash. Decent wear, but only beginning to scratch the surface. Once i got my Oni and Flats I shelfed the RRDS. Been wearing my Onis for the last 4 months, see some wear, and will probably wash at the 6 month mark. From that point on I may rotate RRDS and Onis. I wanna see results so i tend to try to focus one pair. Flats I don't see myself touching till sometime next year. Kinda tempted to pick up a pair of SC Okinawas, but kinda feel I have a lot of work ahead of me with my current projects.

I don't get to wear my denim at work, due to dress code, so once i get home i slap on them on and wear them to sleep.